Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 137 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Now you guys really are screwing up this thread.

Unless you're posting something important from Twitter, take the chatter to another thread.

I'm going to have to start deleting posts and that's work and it will annoy me to the point where I will delete people.

Reaction Score
image.png

Reaction Score
  1. Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 4m4 minutes ago
    With Schulz leaving as chair of Big 12 board of directors, he could be replaced by K-State interim pres or next pres in line: David Boren.

4 retweets5 likes

2. Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 7m7 minutes ago
    Bob Bowlsby also said the departure of K-State pres Kirk Schulz to Wash St shouldn't delay Big 12 decision-making process this summer.

4 retweets1 like

3. Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 10m10 minutes ago
    Big 12's Bob Bowlsby says early research from league data study shows football conf title game and 13th data point improves playoff chances.

Reaction Score
  1. Mike Finger ‏@mikefinger 14m14 minutes ago
    Mike Finger Retweeted Chuck Carlton

"Early research?" Like they're analyzing DNA strands or something?

Chuck Carlton @ChuckCarltonDMN
    Big 12's Bob Bowlsby says early research from league data study shows football conf title game and 13th data point improves playoff chances.
    0 retweets6 likes
Chuck CarltonVerified account‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@mikefinger Actually that part is pretty final, Bowlsby said. Probably bad phrasing my part. Work on schedule models, league number ongoing.

Reaction Score
Not a tweet but kind of key...

http://newsok.com/power-lunch-chat-...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

BBALLJONES Mar 30 2016 12:10 PM
Semi-reliable sources at one of the universities says that Cincinnati, Memphis, Boise and BYU will be added to take membership to 14. Are you hearing anything similar?

Berry Tramel Mar 30 2016 12:11 PM
No. Not at all. I can tell you that Memphis is a non-starter. Way down the list. Now, Connecticut is a different story. You put UConn and BYU into a Big 12 Network, and you've got a lot of eyeballs. Cincy and Boise State would be fine, too. But not Memphis. No football fan base. None at all.

Reaction Score

http://newsok.com/power-lunch-chat-...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Semi-reliable sources at one of the universities says that Cincinnati, Memphis, Boise and BYU will be added to take membership to 14. Are you hearing anything similar?

No. Not at all. I can tell you that Memphis is a non-starter. Way down the list. Now, Connecticut is a different story. You put UConn and BYU into a Big 12 Network, and you've got a lot of eyeballs. Cincy and Boise State would be fine, too. But not Memphis. No football fan base. None at all.
That's as key as we get around here. Nice find.

pj

Reaction Score

If the B12 final four were Cincy, Memphis, Boise and BYU, it could only mean that the B1G had taken UConn.

Reaction Score
If the B12 final four were Cincy, Memphis, Boise and BYU, it could only mean that the B1G had taken UConn.
Thats the only sensible rationalization.....truthfully unless its the only option you guys need any P5 NOT the B12.....its a shaky house of cards...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

And at those meetings they will introduce six new members: Cincy, BYU, Memphis, Florida St, Clemson, and Boise. Not UConn. And then the B10 will announce their two new additions to get them to 16: UNC and UVA. UConn and the AAC will then announce their backfill with Southern Mississippi and Notre Dame...

...Of Fairfield.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Could mean absolutely nothing or could mean we are in.

pj

Reaction Score
Most likely means the B12 respects BYU and is willing to schedule them, but wants to keep alive a threat of disowning them in order to maintain negotiating leverage should they be considered for B12 invite. If staying in the G5 is potentially disastrous, BYU might accept a very low payout for a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom