Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 126 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Memphis ain't Louisville.

I've sat in enough rooms with really smart people and when they negotiate - you end up with bizarre outcomes when they start making compromises.

Obviously what we post doesn't matter, but if you think Memphis has no chance I'd say you haven't paid a bit of attention probably need to remove biases.

Reaction Score
Memphis ain't Louisville.

True, Memphis does not have bourbon and hookers; but, they do have a lot of FedEx Dollars. After everything that has happened in realignment to date, I rule nothing out.

That said, if the XII adds Memphis, it likely means that the LHN is here to stay and that there will not be a XII network. Without a XII Network, Oklahoma is gone. Without Oklahoma, the XII is done. So the question is, does Texas want to keep the XII intact or are the Long Horns content to keep cashing those checks as long as possible before leaving for the PAC/SEC/B1G.

Reaction Score
If I were evaluating the top marketable brands in The Big 12, I would go with the following:

Top 10 Brands with UCONN/BYU Addition

1)Texas Football
2)OU Football
3)KU Basketball
4)UCONN Basketball
5)BYU Football
6)Baylor Football
7)WVU Football
8)OSU Football
9)TCU Football
10)KSU Football

Top 10 Brands with UCONN/Cincy Addition

1)Texas Football
2)OU Football
3)KU Basketball
4)UCONN Basketball
5)Baylor Football
6)WVU Football
7)OSU Football
8)TCU Football
9)KSU Football
10)TT Football

Top 10 Brands with Cincy/BYU Addition

1)Texas Football
2)OU Football
3)KU Basketball
4)BYU Football
5)Baylor Football
6)WVU Football
7)OSU Football
8)TCU Football
9)KSU Football
10)TT Football.

JMO but UCONN and BYU gives the Big 12 the best combination of marketable TV Brands regardless of location. If they were really proactive, they expand to 14 teams by offering Cincy and UConn Full Memberships, and Boise and BYU Partial Memberships. In one fell swoop you could wrap up the most marketable TV Brands available on the market. A Football Conference Championship with a BSU or BYU vs UT or OU could make for compelling TV.

Reaction Score
Berry Tramel‏@BerryTramel 2h2 hours ago
Power Lunch: Chat with columnist Berry Tramel
http://newsok.com/power-lunch-chat-...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Mar 2 2016 12:02 PM
    Hey Berry. All this talk about adding two G5 teams to the Big 12 can't be serious can it? Do you think Boren actually believes that the conference perception can be fixed by adding Cincinnati or UConn? I mean really? The idea that those two teams or any non-power 5 schools could change the disparity between SEC and the Big 10 and the Big 12 seems ridiculous.
    SoonerEuless

• Mar 2 2016 12:04 PM
    You're talking about two different things. The conference perception and changing the disparity between the Big 12 and the SEC? Two different things. The difference between Big Ten and SEC is big. Going to 12 teams and having a title game would bridge some of the perception gap. Are Cincy and UConn the answers? I personally think BYU would be a major perception addition to the Big 12. But no matter what the Big 12 does, it's not getting close to the SEC in image. The Big Ten isn't getting close to the SEC, either.
    • Berry Tramel

• Berry What do you believe is the brass tax acceptable outcome to David Boren when the Big 12 meetings occur? How would David Boren react if that brass tax oucome didn't occur?
      Larry

• Mar 2 2016 12:21 PM
      I think the elimination of the Longhorn Network is the line of demarcation. The other stuff could be discussed. I think OU will look elsewhere, eventually, if Bevo TV endures.

Reaction Score
"Brass Tax"...
brass-tacks[1].jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Berry Tramel‏@BerryTramel 2h2 hours ago
Power Lunch: Chat with columnist Berry Tramel
http://newsok.com/power-lunch-chat-...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Mar 2 2016 12:02 PM
    Hey Berry. All this talk about adding two G5 teams to the Big 12 can't be serious can it? Do you think Boren actually believes that the conference perception can be fixed by adding Cincinnati or UConn? I mean really? The idea that those two teams or any non-power 5 schools could change the disparity between SEC and the Big 10 and the Big 12 seems ridiculous.SoonerEuless

• Mar 2 2016 12:04 PM
    You're talking about two different things. The conference perception and changing the disparity between the Big 12 and the SEC? Two different things. The difference between Big Ten and SEC is big. Going to 12 teams and having a title game would bridge some of the perception gap. Are Cincy and UConn the answers? I personally think BYU would be a major perception addition to the Big 12. But no matter what the Big 12 does, it's not getting close to the SEC in image. The Big Ten isn't getting close to the SEC, either.
    • Berry Tramel

• Berry What do you believe is the brass tax acceptable outcome to David Boren when the Big 12 meetings occur? How would David Boren react if that brass tax oucome didn't occur?Larry

• Mar 2 2016 12:21 PM
      I think the elimination of the Longhorn Network is the line of demarcation. The other stuff could be discussed. I think OU will look elsewhere, eventually, if Bevo TV endures.
You're talking about two different things. The conference perception and changing the disparity between the Big 12 and the SEC? Two different things. The difference between Big Ten and SEC is big. Going to 12 teams and having a title game would bridge some of the perception gap. Are Cincy and UConn the answers? I personally think BYU would be a major perception addition to the Big 12. I used to include UConn in that category but even their own flagship radio station has no respect for, or even interest in, them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You're talking about two different things. The conference perception and changing the disparity between the Big 12 and the SEC? Two different things. The difference between Big Ten and SEC is big. Going to 12 teams and having a title game would bridge some of the perception gap. Are Cincy and UConn the answers? I personally think BYU would be a major perception addition to the Big 12. I used to include UConn in that category but even their own flagship radio station has no respect for, or even interest in, them.

did he say that or are you "fixing it"?

Reaction Score
Mar 2 2016 12:04 PM
    • Berry Tramel
For weeks on the BY, Tramel has been anointed as Boren's mouthpiece because there were some comments coming out that were favorable to UConn. Additionally, the fact that Bronco left BYU has provided media speculation that he knew BYU was stuck in their current CR purgatory.

Suddenly today, Boren's mouthpiece tweets this. Is this an indication that BYU may be in and everyone else is fighting for the 12th spot? Is this Boren floating a trial balloon to see what the reaction is?

I just want this to be over so we know where we stand

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Mar 2 2016 12:04 PM
I personally think BYU would be a major perception addition to the Big 12.
Is improving their perception or making more $$$ the primary driver? I would have to imagine perception would be about 20th on the list and making more $$$ would be #1. Let's just hope the research shows that UCONN provides them with the most money.

Reaction Score
True, Memphis does not have bourbon and hookers; but, they do have a lot of FedEx Dollars. After everything that has happened in realignment to date, I rule nothing out.

That said, if the XII adds Memphis, it likely means that the LHN is here to stay and that there will not be a XII network. Without a XII Network, Oklahoma is gone. Without Oklahoma, the XII is done. So the question is, does Texas want to keep the XII intact or are the Long Horns content to keep cashing those checks as long as possible before leaving for the PAC/SEC/B1G.

I looked up Memphis and found it is a school with poor academics (a school referred to as "Tiger High" by the locals) and it is surrounded by high crime ghetto neighborhoods.
I don't see how the Big 12 could benefit on any level by inviting Memphis. The Fed Ex CEO having to offer to pay millions to any conference that will take Memphis is already a clue Memphis would not be a good add.

Reaction Score
I looked up Memphis and found it is a school with poor academics (a school referred to as "Tiger High" by the locals) and it is surrounded by high crime ghetto neighborhoods.
I don't see how the Big 12 could benefit on any level by inviting Memphis. The Fed Ex CEO having to offer to pay millions to any conference that will take Memphis is already a clue Memphis would not be a good add.
Btw, the Roman numerals "XII" is not used with the word "Big" when referring to the conference.
The correct way to refer to the conference is "the Big 12 Conference" or "the Big 12". Not XII or Big XII or B12.

Reaction Score
Btw, the Roman numerals "XII" is not used with the word "Big" when referring to the conference.
The correct way to refer to the conference is "the Big 12 Conference" or "the Big 12". Not XII or Big XII or B12.

Sooooooo, if I promise to always type out "the Big 12 Conference", can we get an invite?

Reaction Score
For the interested reader, it's "Big Ten"

Nelson and Fishy -- please skip to next post.

Reaction Score

How about 'UT's b!tch' ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom