Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 116 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
3,000 posts:

40 of them "key tweets"

1,500 s***ing on Rutger and BC

10o of them from Fishy berating us for poisoning this thread

1,360 of them are even more useless than whatever moonshine-inspired verbal diarrhea that leaks out of West Virginia.

Excellent work everyone. We should be proud?

I really don't think this is a key tweet.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
How many comments were about ND and their hidden agenda to join the B1G? That's what I want to know.

Reaction Score
3,000 posts:

40 of them "key tweets"

1,500 s***ing on Rutger and BC

10o of them from Fishy berating us for poisoning this thread

1,360 of them are even more useless than whatever moonshine-inspired verbal diarrhea that leaks out of West Virginia.

Excellent work everyone. We should be proud?

And one showing impressive math skills

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 45m45 minutes ago
Bob Bowlsby says some major reports expected at spring meetings June 1-3 in Dallas.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 46m46 minutes ago
Bowlsby said ADs took no specific actions. More game-planning, waiting for info. "We now see more pieces to the puzzle," Bowlsby said.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 46m46 minutes ago
Bowlsby: "We know what our options regarding postseason [football] contests." Says on schedule looking at components for conference.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 43m43 minutes ago
Bowlsby says no venue or hotels for 2016 if conference wanted football title game. Some data today makes them wonder title game helps.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 43m43 minutes ago
Among Big 12 scenarios were 8 and 9 game schedules, with and without new members, in terms of reaching College Football Playoff.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 42m42 minutes ago
Bob Bowlsby: "We're doing a deep dive on all this stuff, and are intent on making very intelligent, meaningful, reliable decisions."

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 39m39 minutes ago
Bowlsby said media consultants will examine and give Big 12 estimate on what revenue a football title game would bring.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 33m33 minutes ago
Bowlsby says there are always discussions about conference network, calls it "enormously complex process."

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 28m28 minutes ago
Bowsbly said chance of 2016 conference football game is unlikely, not impossible.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 21m21 minutes ago
Bob Bowlsby says Big 12 is not disadvantaged by 10 members, notes that distribution handed to schools was largest in country.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 10m10 minutes ago
Bowlsby says Big 12 has asked its consultants to have data ready for its May-June meeting in Dallas.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 9m9 minutes ago
Basically, conference title game, Big 12 network and expansion are all linked in different ways.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 5m5 minutes ago
Texas AD on football conference title game: "Like any lawyer, I can argue it either way."

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 1m1 minute ago
Texas AD Mike Perrin says he hasn't seen David Boren's comments on Longhorn Network. Calls ESPN wonderful partner.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 4m4 minutes ago
Texas AD Mike Perrin says he like he current composition of the Big 12 with 10 members.

Reaction Score
Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls · 1h1 hour ago
B12 commish Bob Bowlsby said presentation by Dallas analysis firm on two projects of CFP chances/championship game and 8 and 9-game skeds.

Bowlsby said league didn't take any actions specifically.

Bowlsby said, "We have a stake in the ground, but it's wobbly." Looking ahead of May meetings. "I expect that will be big data dump 4 us."

Bowlsby said, "We now see a few more pieces of the puzzle."

Bowlsby on a Big 12 title game: "as we go on, becomes less likely we’d do it for ’16."

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls · 54m54 minutes ago
Big 12 commish Bowlsby: "I don’t think we spent any time talking about expansion per se."

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls · 22m22 minutes ago
On a B12 champ game, Texas AD Mike Perrin: "Like any lawyer, I could argue it either way." Declined to say which he'd argue more vigorously.

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls · 19m19 minutes ago
On the LHN folding into a B12 network, Perrin: "I really wouldn’t be prepared to comment on that. The LHN has been real success for us."

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 5h5 hours ago
Louisville expanding Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium by 10,000, including 1,000 club seats, to 65,000 capacity

Reaction Score
Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 1h1 hour ago
They hired an analysis firm for this? Talk about overthinking it.
Dan Wolken Retweeted Kirk Bohls
Kirk Bohls Verified account 
‏@kbohls B12 commish Bob Bowlsby said presentation by Dallas analysis firm on two projects of CFP chances/championship game and 8 and 9-game skeds.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 1h1 hour ago
More paydays for the consultants.
Dan Wolken Retweeted Chuck Carlton
Chuck CarltonVerified account ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 1h1 hour ago
Bowlsby said media consultants will examine and give Big 12 estimate on what revenue a football title game would bring.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 44m44 minutes ago
Big 12 doesn’t want to expand and never has. Lot of fiction still gets put out, however.
Dan Wolken Retweeted George Schroeder
George Schroeder Verified account 
‏@GeorgeSchroeder Big 12 presidents meet tomorrow. Expansion isn’t on the agenda, Bowlsby says. Expects a report from composition committee as is usual.

Michael DeCourcy ‏@tsnmike · 40m40 minutes ago
@DanWolken Oh, OK. So Boren didn't say all this? http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_cd7816c7-5571-5ebe-9392-3911e9337f83.html

Dan Wolken Verified account 
‏@DanWolken
@tsnmike One president doesn’t speak for the entire league.

Michael DeCourcy
‏@tsnmike
@DanWolken I didn't say he did. But to report on the existence of the possibility is hardly fiction.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 39m39 minutes ago
@tsnmike Boren is a career politician. My sense is he’d be less public if his opinion was prevalent in the league.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 28m28 minutes ago
@tsnmike Nothing has changed. Unless forced to expand at the point of a bayonet, no combo of available schools changes Big 12’s destiny.

Reaction Score
It's odd that they seem to be going out of their way to say that they didn't discuss expansion. They wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't at least set aside some time to talk about expansion. Therefore, they are either completely incompetent or are lying about not discussing expansion at all. It all seems suspicious to me.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 1m1 minute ago
Big 12 working with Navigate Research out of Chicago numbers crunching and Bevilacqua Helfant Ventures (BHV) on TV and media consulting.

Number crunching???? That does not sound like the Big12. Why can't they just expand the way the B12 always has....pick the Texas team currently not in the B12 who had the best football season last year and add them. You do not need a search committee to tell you that you can never own enough Texas....

You cannot put a price on "cultural fit", ...ohhh, actually you can and its $40 million which is what the Big and SEC will be paying out but who is counting?.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's odd that they seem to be going out of their way to say that they didn't discuss expansion. They wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't at least set aside some time to talk about expansion. Therefore, they are either completely incompetent or are lying about not discussing expansion at all. It all seems suspicious to me.
If the Big XII is an FOI-able entity, and they are following Roberts' Rules of procedure, conference expansion is very well a contract action. Contract term negotiations may be held in executive session, which is off the record and cannot be FOI'ed. A decent lawyer can spin almost anything to fall under the terms of ES. A creative lawyer can remove the, "almost."

Reaction Score
Is the fact that an "unbiased" firm is doing the research helpful for us? Seems like they'd favor us over "flash in the pan" programs like Memphis or UCF.. Just my two cents

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom