Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 117 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
“What is the likelihood of making it to the (College Football Playoff), and looking at various scheduling alternatives, with a (title) game, without a (title) game, eight-game schedule, nine-game schedule,” Bowlsby said. “We looked at a lot of different permutations.

“They ran 40,000 examples of potential schedules, and they came out with percentages on all of them.”

I wonder if that consultant modeled the chances of current Big 12 teams making it to the playoffs in a P4 model :D

Reaction Score
Kevin Gehl ‏@KevinGehlTV Feb 1
#Cincy, #UConn to #Big12 look like the only well-rounded options available. Sizable media markets, competitive football, attractive hoops.

BYU won't schedule Sunday games and West Va needs more eastern opponents. UCF/USF offer recruiting ground in FL, but weak in most sports.

#UConn should just open a satellite office in Irving, TX to be in Big 12's face every day. The American looks like slow death right now.

@Sheehan_Sports: Compare Memphis and UConn side-by-side and there's no argument for Memphis other than "closer to Big 12 footprint."

Matt Sheehan
‏@Sheehan_Sports

@KevinGehlTV in terms of what, money? Or athletic success and such?

Kevin Gehl Retweeted Matt Sheehan
Money, prestige, facilities, media markets, championships, academics.

Kevin Gehl
@KevinGehlTV
Announcer & Reporter |@BigTenNetwork | #Mizzou grad | SF Bay Area native

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
That's good he's championing us because in their most recent blog post conferenceexpansion.com didn't even have us as a top 5 desirable candidate for the Big XII. Their top 5?

1. Cincinnati
2. Memphis
3. BYU
4. UCF/USF
5. UCF/USF

We weren't even mentioned in the entire post.

Reaction Score
John E. Hoover ‏@johnehoover · 1m1 minute ago
Bowlsby: "There may not be an ideal number for the conference. Many options available are compromises."

John E. Hoover Verified account 
‏@johnehoover Bowlsby: If there were perfect solultions, we would have done it a long time ago.

John E. Hoover ‏@johnehoover · 2m2 minutes ago
Bowlsby: TV consultants yesterday didn't present any expansion candidates as financial properties to #Big12 bottom line.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Bowlsby: "There may not be an ideal number for the conference. Many options available are compromises."

John E. Hoover Verified account 
‏@johnehoover Bowlsby: If there were perfect solultions, we would have done it a long time ago.
Louisville says hi.

Or maybe the B12 knew what was gonna happen today with UL. Ahhhh...

Reaction Score
John E. Hoover ‏@johnehoover · 4m4 minutes ago
Bowlsby: TV consultants yesterday didn't present any expansion candidates as financial properties to #Big12 bottom line.

Shulz on KSU's third-tier rights: "We make tens of dollars."

Bowlsby: Kansas and Oklahoma State had alternate reps at #Big12 presidents meeting. OSU had a major announcement today.

That's it from #Big12 meetings. 30 minutes. David Boren "deferred to the commissioner" on future league comments.

Reaction Score
That's good he's championing us because in their most recent blog post conferenceexpansion.com didn't even have us as a top 5 desirable candidate for the Big XII. Their top 5?

1. Cincinnati
2. Memphis
3. BYU
4. UCF/USF
5. UCF/USF

We weren't even mentioned in the entire post.
Not sure that's Key. And it's definitely not a tweet.

Reaction Score
George Schroeder ‏@GeorgeSchroeder · 39m39 minutes ago
Look, y’all, (BIG) IF Big 12 one day expand/title game/network, they all take time. Bowlsby is right: “There’s just no quick way to do it."

George Schroeder ‏@GeorgeSchroeder · 35m35 minutes ago
K-State's Kirk Schulz: "We want that 10-0 vote” on those big issues. (Cosmetically, that’s how it’ll happen. But it’ll be the vast majority)

George Schroeder ‏@GeorgeSchroeder · 34m34 minutes ago
Schulz: “All 10 CEOs are open to the idea of looking at the no. of schools, conference championship game or what a network would look like.”

George Schroeder ‏@GeorgeSchroeder · 34m34 minutes ago
Schulz cautioned it doesn’t mean any of those things will happen.

George Schroeder ‏@GeorgeSchroeder · 28m28 minutes ago
Bob Bowlsby: Presidents haven’t discussed (and didn’t Friday) candidates for expansion. (Not that anyone expected it—it’s highly unlikely.)

George Schroeder ‏@GeorgeSchroeder · 18m18 minutes ago
To sum up: Big 12 presidents still studying all sorts of things, but will use ‘1-voice’ policy (commissioner Bob Bowlsby). … See you in May.

Reaction Score
Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter · 10m10 minutes ago
My sense coming out of today is that if Boren pops off again in the coming weeks, some trust will be lost from the rest of the Big 12

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls · 21m21 minutes ago
OU prez David Boren left Big 12 meetings without coming near a tape recorder or microphone. Clock ticking.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Not sure that's Key. And it's definitely not a tweet.

No, but I was responding to a "key tweet."

You realize your response, too, is also neither key nor a tweet, right, Kettle?

Reaction Score
No, but I was responding to a "key tweet."

You realize your response, too, is also neither key nor a tweet, right, Kettle?
I didn't mean to discredit your post. Just meant I don't know if that site is legit enough to be considered Key. The tweet part was unnecessary.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

This is a:

tweet-key.jpg

This has been a PSA from a SOB Carpetbagger.

Reaction Score
Matt Connolly ‏@MattatTheState · 6h6 hours ago  Spartanburg, SC
Never in my wildest dreams could have imagined South Carolina women's basketball tickets selling for more than USC-Clemson football tickets.

Matt Connolly ‏@MattatTheState · 2h2 hours ago  Converse, SC
Reserved seats for USC-UConn women's basketball on stubhub for between $231-$404. College football national title tickets started at $120.

Matt Connolly
@MattatTheState
sports reporter covering South Carolina, Clemson and recruiting for The State and http://GoGamecocks.com

Reaction Score
When it comes to Uconn WBB and realignment at the very least you can be assured you'll at least sellout a game every year maybe build a new wing of your fan base and a new revenue stream.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom