Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 119 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I guess it really doesn't matter...If UConn can increase their AD funding from present, they may be in the range of the teams not named Texas or Oklahoma.

pj

Reaction Score
As long as the exit is eased by as much as the income is reduced, I'd have no problem with an associate membership.

Also, B12 lets teams keep Tier 3 money which is high for us. If a network forms, we'd earn a full share.

Reaction Score
I guess it really doesn't matter...If UConn can increase their AD funding from present, they may be in the range of the teams not named Texas or Oklahoma.

Every conference does this. Pac12, B1G and the ACC did it with Louisville. Rutgers has years to go before getting a full share. Even happened to Penn State.

It didn't happen in the B12 because they needed members immediately.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
As long as the exit is eased by as much as the income is reduced, I'd have no problem with an associate membership.

Also, B12 lets teams keep Tier 3 money which is high for us. If a network forms, we'd earn a full share.

If you are joining the Big12, it's because they are starting a network. You will be granting them your tier 3 rights.

Reaction Score
For a limited period reduced shares are an acceptable compromise. In the longer term however it could lead to dissention within the conference and may not be in it's best interest to have tiers of membership. There would need to be objective standards of valuation measured periodically in order to justify/quantify an equitable distribution. Under that scenario I think we could prosper.

Reaction Score
An actual key tweet?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
The road to B12 Expansion goes through UCONN & Cincy. The road has a way to go... But this is where Gee/Boren is planting flag & winning.

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 40m40 minutes ago
    ...Cincy & UCONN..2 Eastern Markets/schools are being pushed by TV B12 Tier 1 partner FOX.

6 retweets7 likes

2. gaur ‏@flugempire 41m41 minutes ago
    B12N has a million miles to go...a million hurdles to jump. But for FOX to play ball on B12N (give up some 3rd rights)...Cincy & UCONN...

3. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 42m42 minutes ago
    Let me repeat: OU contacts perception is Boren won on expansion and Metric stuff needs to be done...but Cincy & UCONN are it. Period.

11 retweets9 likes

4. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 44m44 minutes ago
    All of this info comes from OU contacts...same OU contacts that confirmed to us B12 Wrestling Exp before anyone else sniffed this expansion.

3 retweets2 likes

5. 6Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 45m45 minutes ago
    The B12 Network is something that won't get done before B12 expansion...but expansion is the Chicken before B12 egg can be created.

4 retweets5 likes

6. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 47m47 minutes ago
    Oklahoma perception is UCONN & Cincy will measure up to other candidates just fine..but reality is UCONN & Cincy have the support inside B12

10 retweets8 likes

7. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 48m48 minutes ago
    Again...Cincy & UCONN are the 2 schools which Pro-Expansion schools are pushing and neutral schools (Kansas) will support.

9 retweets7 likes

8. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 49m49 minutes ago
    According to BTM OU contacts..it's Oklahoma perception that B12 will expand with Cincy & UCONN. Timing is for 2017 FB season.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I didn't look to see if non-key had it first. This is fairly "key", no?

I think this has "welcome to the Big Ten" written all over it. Somebody had to kick-start the process.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
File this under too good to be true, but if it is...
9g9tB7B.png

Reaction Score
The above tweets totally make sense with the rumors about expansion programs needing "to take a financial haircut."

The Big12 adds a couple of programs at a less than normal B12 tv share. It is a reasonable deal for the expansion teams cause it pays more than the AAC and it allows P5 access and potential for additional revenue when the B12 network gets built.

After adding the expansion teams the B12 goes to work on a network. With the expansion teams it now has the markets to build a network even if the legalities take a year or 2. In the interim revenue drops a little per team but because they are paying the expansion teams a drastically reduced share it is not a $4 million per team hit. The short term revenue loss becomes an investment which is far less than 2/12ths of the tv revenue. If it keeps OU from bolting it is money well spent and there is a huge potential financial upside if the B12 network succeeds.

UConn and Cincy makes total sense if B12 is adding now with the intend of building a network in the future.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
wait...you guys are celebrating a greg swaim tweet...????!?!?!?!?!?!?

Damn you guys are gullible.

Reaction Score
That's actually a repost of the SBN post. Even newspapers are doing it now!
the interview with him made it clear that UCONN pushed the envelope more as an invitee......sorry if the link did not include that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom