Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 120 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Flugs and BTM may very well be this generations Woodward and Bernstein
...and Deep Throat.

(FWIW, I always wondered how Linda Lovelace new about the Watergate break in and cover up.)

CL82

Reaction Score
If anyone knows of a message board that's looking for moderator with a prodigious ability to garner likes and dispense justice, please forward my name.
The Devil's Den was looking but I heard they took @tcf15.

Reaction Score
If anyone knows of a message board that's looking for moderator with a prodigious ability to garner likes and dispense justice, please forward my name.
Go into tyrant mode, dammit. Might be fun.

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 2h2 hours ago
Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall on @SiriusXMCollege about his former school: “I don’t think independence is sustainable (for BYU)”

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
That "financial haircut" sounds ominous....admittance but only as a sort of associate member with lesser pay out rights than a full member.

If it is time limited, that is not bad...but if it is not time limited, that would be a major change.

I could see that methodology spreading as GOR's expire.

Some dead weight programs might have to look at lesser payouts to maintain the P5 conference standing

Remember we only make a pittance in the AAC now... I financial haircut from the Big 12 would almost definitely be a windfall compared to the meager dollars we see now.

Reaction Score
Berry Tramel ‏@BerryTramel · 37m37 minutes ago

Power Lunch: Chat with columnist Berry Tramel http://Post original url/1on1ViY

Reaction Score
Jostar1's link didn't work, at least for me.

Let's see if this link works:

http://newsok.com/power-lunch-chat-...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Feel the Burn
    What are your thoughts on Cincinnati being considered a candidate for B12 expansion? I'm not so impressed by it. New TV market but that's really it. thoughts?

• Feb 16 2016 12:15 PM
    Cincinnati has some positives, but it also doesn't do much for the TV marketing, which is really the most important thing. Cincy's positives are good academics, solid football and a neighbor for West Virginia.
Big Ben

what are your thoughts on expansion and the big12? I just don't see it happening. The 8 others don't want to give up their home games with OU or texas everyother year, (I mean osu's ticket policy is based on the OU or texas game) and the 8 others don't want to give up the piece of the money pie
  • There's a lot of truth to what you say. There is not a consensus for expansion right now. Nothing has changed.

Eric
    Conference expansion question. Is the Big 12 trying to put a bandaid on. Boise, BYU, Cinci, Memphis - teams like that don't add a whole lot of value to the league in my opinion other than allowing for a conference title game. It seems like it is all TV related. If Texas wants to roll the Longhorn Network into a Big 12 Network then maybe it would be a good thing, if not it seems like conference expansion and title game are putting lipstick on a pig. Would OU be better off jumping for a more stable conference (SEC, Big 10, Pac 12?). Honestly, I don't see how the Big 12 survives long term. The league does zero to help the image of OU football in recruiting. My question is do you think the Big 12 is worth saving or should OU jump ship?

• Berry Tramel

I think the Big 12 is worth saving, but there's no doubt that it's harder to recruit now for schools like OU. So you can jump out of the conference or try to change the perception of the conference. I would vote for the latter. I think OU would lose a lot of its status with a conference and a lot of its identity. What schools that have changed leagues have been benefited? Not A&M or Mizzou or Colorado or Nebraska. You could argue that not Rutgers or Syracuse or Pitt. Not West Virginia. The only schools that have prospered came up from less prestigious leagues.

CL82

Reaction Score
"Cincinnati has some positives, but it also doesn't do much for the TV marketing, which is really the most important thing. Cincy's positives are good academics, solid football and a neighbor for West Virginia."

I like that tv is the defining variable.

FWIW, Trammel does not believe that there is concensus to expand.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
"Cincinnati has some positives, but it also doesn't do much for the TV marketing, which is really the most important thing. Cincy's positives are good academics, solid football and a neighbor for West Virginia."

I just don't get how many media types don't get it. The present and the future is about TV and cable boxes. That's it. 1 Super state and four tiny states is no footprint for long term tv success.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

"Not a consensus" certainly seems to indicate that they are actively discussing it though. there will probably not be a consensus until they figure out the financials of converting the LHN into the B12N.

Reaction Score

AlexApyan@AeroApe51
@johnehoover @JonSolomonCBS yet he's been quoted as saying they pay out more than any other conference

John E. Hoover@johnehoover
@AeroApe51 @JonSolomonCBS Well, per school (10 vs. 14) it was true if not very close. But not anymore.

Jon Solomon@JonSolomonCBS
@johnehoover @AeroApe51 Yep. The gap is growing even when counting Tier 3 rights. It's SEC and Big Ten, and then everyone else.

Reaction Score
Berry Tramel ‏@BerryTramel · 2h2 hours ago
How David Boren feels about Texas http://newsok.com/how-david-boren-f...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
* Boren is hammering home the data. The data, the data, the data: “Sometimes that’s the best way to persuade. You can have arguments and emotions, but when the data kind of speaks, which I think it will… In the long run, we need a conference network. We don’t want to have X number of other Power 5 conferences having a lot more revenue than we have. That affects the health of all our athletic departments. But we are really seriously looking at this. And I’m convinced my fellow presidents are looking at this with an opening mind in terms of what the data tells us.”

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All I could think about when I read that quote in Tramel's article earlier was how contrary it is to the actions of the Cinci President . He apparently hasn't received the memo that he's supposed to shut up.

Good, and I hope it bites him in the ass. UConn and UCF to the Big 12. The only traditional rivals in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Good, and I hope it bites him in the ass. UConn and UCF to the Big 12. The only traditional rivals in the AAC.
USF comes in as #13 and the college football apocalypse begins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom