Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 114 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Eric BaileyVerified account‏@EricBaileyTW
David Boren, if Big 12 expands, says fan base, economic impact, market presence important. http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/ou-president-david-boren-candidly-talks-big-expansion-league-s/article_58753a16-e88b-53be-85ed-fe25feee4577.html…

CZ2isYOUEAEsZ1y.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nah, probably not. Even with UConn and Cincy I'd still say the ACC would be a better basketball league overall. And the Big 10 is right there too.

And anyway, "Football drives the bus." ™

This year? The Big 12 is the best men's league already. May not hold next year.

Reaction Score
This year? The Big 12 is the best men's league already. May not hold next year.

Does being in the 'best' men's basketball league really matter, especially when it changes from year to year? What matters is being in a consistently good conference generating a solid in-conference RPI and good TV exposure that the NCAA committee respects and gives out 6 to 8 NCAA Tournament bids a year. That does not describe the American, which is the problem.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"UConn has a following in Connecticut?" Well that is an understatement and half. No mention of our NYC presence which is definitely a big plus for us.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I didn't KNOW Cincinnati was in SEC territory. They'll let anybody write a web column these days.

Since when is Cincinnati #36 a larger market than CT #30?

Odd no mention of Houston.

Reaction Score
Probably not entirely indicative of where things are headed, but there's a very notable school not mentioned in that article.

FWIW DeCourcy has covered UC athletics for a while though he's at TSN and I believe is out of Cincy (or has roots there). I'd trust his sources on this one.

Reaction Score
FWIW DeCourcy has covered UC athletics for a while though he's at TSN and I believe is out of Cincy (or has roots there). I'd trust his sources on this one.
I agree, all I meant was it shouldn't be interpreted as a stone-cold indication UH is a non-starter, but that a presumably well-sourced article in a major sports publication does not mention them isn't a terribly encouraging thing for UH fans.

Reaction Score
I agree, all I meant was it shouldn't be interpreted as a stone-cold indication UH is a non-starter, but that a presumably well-sourced article in a major sports publication does not mention them isn't a terribly encouraging thing for UH fans.
If you look at the metrics Boren set in his press conference there are only 3 schools that meet them....BYU, Cincinnati and UConn (UConn and BYU seem to meet the nationally known brand more than Cincy). The fact that Mendenhall left a life time job for a job that has been pretty much the ACC blackhole coaching job to me speaks volumes of whether BYU would agree to play on Sundays.

Reaction Score
I didn't KNOW Cincinnati was in SEC territory. They'll let anybody write a web column these days.

I don't really understand, it doesn't say anywhere that Cincy is a bigger market than UConn. And Cincy most definitely is in SEC territory, UK is only 80 or so miles from Cincinnati.

Reaction Score

It sort of is. Or at least is on the fringe of it. Cincinnati's airport is in Kentucky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom