Kansas Facing Major Allegations | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kansas Facing Major Allegations

Reaction Score
NCAA judge to Bill Self:

"Bailiff, whack his pee-pee"
Tommy Chong and Richard Cheech Marin, Cheech & Chong

Reaction Score
Thought this was interesting. Auburn is in the middle of all this pay for play stuff and yet they just signed Pearl to a huge contract extension. That tells you what Auburn thinks about cheating.

Reaction Score
Thought this was interesting. Auburn is in the middle of all this pay for play stuff and yet they just signed Pearl to a huge contract extension. That tells you what Auburn thinks about cheating.

The guy has previous history of violations, his top assistant pleaded guilty to passing bribes, he refused to meet with or be interviewed by the university's attorneys for several months after the bribery allegations first surfaced, and the university doesn't know how the NCAA will rule on any of the bribery issues yet they still give him this sweetheart deal?

UConn would be on double secret probation already and awaiting the death penalty.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It won’t be...

That's the second lack of institutional control for Kansas in the past 15 years. I am interested to see what the NCAA does (or doesn't do) with them. They've been a hot bed of cheating and have been for a decades and the NCAA hasn't seen fit to crackdown on them yet. You want to clean up college sports? Give Kansas the death penalty. It would get everyone's attention for sure... and it's well deserved.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

With the football and basketball team cited it could be academic violations like UNC where they were kept academically eligible for years by taking sham courses with papers written by someone else and everyone receiving A’s. As long as their GPA’s stay high enough no penalty’s are triggered. NCAA rules.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's the money question, are Adidas/Gassnola boosters of Kansas? If not then payments by them aren't an NCAA violation. I think they are, but that would be the way out for KU.

• Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.
  • Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
  • Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
  • Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.
Once an individual is identified as a “representative of the institution’s athletics interests,” the person retains that identity forever.

Based on the three in bold. I think they would be KU boosters.

Reaction Score
Here's the money question, are Adidas/Gassnola boosters of Kansas? If not then payments by them aren't an NCAA violation. I think they are, but that would be the way out for KU.

• Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.
  • Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
  • Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
  • Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.
Once an individual is identified as a “representative of the institution’s athletics interests,” the person retains that identity forever.

Based on the three in bold. I think they would be KU boosters.
Kansas called him a booster in their NCAA appeal for De Sousa. Oops.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
One thing's for certain with this news - Tulsa is about to get the death penalty.

Reaction Score
They wouldn’t charge someone of something if they didn’t have evidence for it and think they had a real case, right? A whistleblower called UNC out, NCAA did an “investigation” into the matter, and said they found nothing that could lead to a charge? Edit this is totally different

I’m just applying what I remember from The Wire lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Didn’t Calhoun get hit for lack of institutional control?

Thought it was a failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance/failing to monitor the program charge.

I think schools get the institutional control charge more often than not.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NCAA Notice of Allegations

Statement from Head Men’s Basketball Coach Bill Self:

“By the NCAA’s own admission through its public statements early this summer, it’s no secret that there is tremendous pressure on the NCAA to respond to the federal court proceedings involving college basketball. Compelled to reassure member institutions and the general public that it can police its member institutions, the NCAA enforcement staff has responded in an unnecessarily aggressive manner in submitting today’s unsubstantiated Notice of Allegations, and I, as well as the University, will vigorously dispute what has been alleged.

In its haste and attempt to regain control, the enforcement staff has created a false narrative regarding me and our basketball program. The narrative is based on innuendo, half-truths, misimpressions and mischaracterizations. In reality, we all know there is only one version of the truth. The truth is based on verifiable facts, and I am confident the facts we will demonstrate in our case will expose the inaccuracies of the enforcement staff’s narrative.

I have always taken pride in my commitment to rules compliance and led programs that operate with integrity and within the rules, and I am proud of the success that we have achieved at each program along the way. Every student-athlete who has ever played for me and their families know we follow the rules.

These allegations are serious and damaging to the University and to myself, and I hate that KU has to go through this process. With our staff’s full cooperation, these allegations will be addressed within NCAA procedures and with urgency and resolve. I will strenuously defend myself and the program, but I will respect the process and will not speak to the details of the case.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom