Kadary Richmond Transferring | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond Transferring

Reaction Score
If there are 20 minutes available at the 4 for Martin/Jackson you have enough minutes to play Cole, Gaffney, Diggins, Richmond, Hawkins, Jackson and Martin 20 minutes a game each on average. I'm confident Hurley can make it work + keep the guys happy.

Reaction Score
He’s not a PG only in college. He was a SF out of high school. He’s basically a point forward but you can easily play him as a 1, 2, or 3...and even a small ball 4 in a pinch. Don’t get too caught up with positions.
Some teams like Oregon run out an entire starting lineup that is 6'5"-6'7". A guy that is 6'5" and athletic can play the 1-4 in todays game. And imagine running out a lineup like Kadary, Jackson, Martin, Akok, and Sanogo? Freak athletes and size all over the place

Reaction Score
Some teams like Oregon run out an entire starting lineup that is 6'5"-6'7". A guy that is 6'5" and athletic can play the 1-4 in todays game. And imagine running out a lineup like Kadary, Jackson, Martin, Akok, and Sanogo? Freak athletes and size all over the place
And once he's up to speed Johnson at the 5, that would be 5 guys who could legitimately switch onto and defend everyone on the court

Reaction Score
And a ton of bricks

Reaction Score
I have no idea why he did not get more time at Syracuse.

Zero interest in 99% of the kids who transfer and think most of you are nuts for wanting any of them, but this one, though, I think is a no-brainer.
Yeah but what’s his 100m backstroke time?

Reaction Score
You are so, so bad at this.

It’d bother me if I were you.
So we’re too deep at the one to add a player who’d immediately be our best one? Kadary isn’t sitting behind anybody on this team. He doesn’t have to worry about that

Kadary is a point guard who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He already got 20 minutes a game as a freshman at the Cuse. He transferred to be a feature guy playing 30-35 minutes a game.

He's a player and adds plenty to our team, but he is not coming here to play 20 minutes a game as a 3 and D guy for us or play backup to inferior point guards on our roster.

PS: I am against transfers as a general rule but the only transfers who I think are any good are Grady and Kadary. Grady is already off the board.

Reaction Score
And a ton of bricks
Not sure why people think Jackson, Martin, Akok, and Sanogo won't improve significantly this offseason. They will have a real offseason for the first time in 2 years, and they will be fully healthy. They're going to be extremely good next season

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Kadary is a point guard who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He already got 20 minutes a game as a freshman at the Cuse. He transferred to be a feature guy playing 30-35 minutes a game.

He's a player and adds plenty to our team, but he is not coming here to play 20 minutes a game as a 3 and D guy for us or play backup to inferior point guards on our roster.

PS: I am against transfers as a general rule but the only transfers who I think are any good are Grady and Kadary. Grady is already off the board.

He also lets Cole play off the ball more and spot up for 3s more.

Reaction Score

He wouldn’t play 20min here or back up anybody. He’s the starter from day one

Reaction Score
He wouldn’t play 20min here or back up anybody. He’s the starter from day one

That's the only way he comes here. A guarantee that he will be starting and lead point for the team for 30 minutes a game.

He is a good player.

Reaction Score
He’s not a PG only in college. He was a SF out of high school. He’s basically a point forward but you can easily play him as a 1, 2, or 3...and even a small ball 4 in a pinch. Don’t get too caught up with positions.
I watched Kadary play 8-10x at Brewster as the point guard. Zero minutes at any other position. Point guard ball in his hands 100% controlling every set. Absolutely no minutes at small forward or off ball. If he played small forward it was someplace else. Terrance Clarke on that Brewster team so he has a close contact to get positive or negative feedback about Kentucky. Brewster kids dotted all over the NCAA so you never know what the conversations are, but for sure there are inputs about playing in lots of places for lots of coaches. So far with all the transfer buzz, Wahab is the only player I've seen mentioning a desire to win. When El-Amin addressed the press years ago during his UConn visit he said he was evaluating whether the talent here could win a national championship with him. The desire to win would be a refreshing attitude to see expressed from somebody.

Reaction Score
Not sure why people think Jackson, Martin, Akok, and Sanogo won't improve significantly this offseason. They will have a real offseason for the first time in 2 years, and they will be fully healthy. They're going to be extremely good next season
Never said they wouldn’t, only shooter out of that group is Akok in my eyes, his stroke is solid and this year was a recovery year. Jackson needs serious work, Martin is a set shooter, needs a lot of improvement and definitely was allergic to finishing bunnies. He brings a lot to the team outside of that though. Sanogo was extremely good inside but never really took jump shots. UConn is losing their best scorer in Bouk, Gaffney is streaky at best and hopefully continues to improve and Cole is solid. Polley had an amazing game and a half and was mediocre most of the season. Having said all that...I do think all of these guys are talented and glad to have them all. I’d take Kadary in an instant but that 5 man lineup stated with Kadary would be abysmal at shooting

Reaction Score
As much as it would be nice to have him cuz he would be great and as much as it would be fun to stick to the orange, he’s not coming. Too deep at the 1
Who’s starting over him if he wanted to come here?

Reaction Score
Arent we all agreed that Cole, Kadary, and Jackson would play 30ish mins per game next season? Where is the room for all the shooters people want to bring in on top of Kadary? We're already bringing in 2 top 50 guards, and returning Gaffney, who people are now apparently relying on for shooting as well. Where are we finding all these minutes for another shooter?
Exactly this is what people need to understand. If we bring in Kadary there's very little room for the shooters we're supposed to bring in.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
Who’s starting over him if he wanted to come here?
No one but he wouldn’t have so many minutes at the 1 I guess because we have three players there already. I could be wrong

Reaction Score
People complain that we are not good enough yet. They also complain we have no room for good players?? That's a head scratcher. We have 3 scholarships open. If we get Richmond we still have 2 more openings to fill the need for a shooter, backup C, etc... It's not an "either or" thing. Bring in talent and let the players fight it out and let Hurley sort it. It's really not that complicated.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You're really pushing this a little hard. I said he doesn't fit an area of immediate need. You think he's immediately the best player on the team, I get it. We disagree. It's okay. Are you telling me he's the next Ben Simmons and is going to go first overall?
Hard-pushing is what he does.
This year, it's been Fatts first, now Kadary. Last year, it was Landers Nolley, with a pivot to Tyrese.

Reaction Score
1. Kadary would be amazing. We'd go into next year guaranteed to have an actual point guard on our team. People saying he could play minutes at the 2 or 3 must never watch this kid. He's 100% point guard and having him on the court playing any position other than point guard is a complete waste of his talent. It's really hard to find actual point guards.

2. Anyone who wants Allen Griffin within 100 miles of our team is nuts. Syracuse fans would love it if he transferred to UConn, it would be a small bright spot in their complete dumpster fire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom