Kadary Richmond Transferring | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond Transferring

Reaction Score
He can certainly be on the court a great deal as he can play 3 positions. And no one we're bringing in is as good as Bouk. I see no reason why his minutes would decline.
true but at the same time i'd hope the 3 guys we do bring in could/would be better than gaff, thereby pushing him down the depth chart nonetheless. if they arent better then what are they but BA/Brown replacements? will any returning player average fewer minutes than gaff, other than springs? i'd be surprised if any did

Last edited:
Reaction Score
according to sports-reference.com/cbb
Kadary was the only RSCI Top 100 player on that roster
UConn: Bouknight, Sanogo, Jackson, Akok. Add in Hawkins, Diggins, Johnson.
Jackson and Martin just don't look like guards to me so if they can play more 3/4 it would help the team.

RSCIhoops - 2021 Summer (google.com)

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
according to sports-reference.com/cbb
Kadary was the only RSCI Top 100 player on that roster
UConn: Bouknight, Sanogo, Jackson, Akok. Add in Hawkins, Diggins, Johnson.
Jackson and Martin just don't look like guards to me so if they can play more 3/4 it would help the team.

RSCIhoops - 2021 Summer (google.com)
Jackson doesn't look like a guard to you?

Reaction Score
Which is why Whaley can't start there
If Whaley were to return he will 1000% be a starter.

I have a lot of confidence that his 3-point shooting will continue to improve, making him a viable threat. Also, Borges wrote an article about Sanogo becoming a shooter from 12-15ft in the offseason.

As for Richmond, he’d definitely start for us. I think our scholarship allocation will be a guard, wing & big. If we go with Kadary, that wing will be a sniper. Then, the question becomes the final scholarship. We need a backup to Sanogo but we also could really benefit from a stretch 4. Best case? Whaley. (I know Whaley doesn’t count as a scholarship but I don’t think Hurley rosters more than 13 scholarship players.)

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
There are shooters. Cole, Gaffney, and Hawkins can all shoot. Akok and Samson might be decent enough from deep as bigs where bigs have to come out on them. Our inability to break teams down from the perimeter so we can get easier shots at the rim and from the perimeter is even more important than getting another shooter or two, though we still need 1 more shooter IMO.
I agree, 1 more shooter would be ideal, and someone whose shooting is already "mature." However, every single guy on the team better be taking 3's and working on their spots in the offense between now and next fall daily. We missed a ton of open shots in every game, not the least the last one. Watching the best teams in this tourney, if guys are open they are making the shot much more often than not.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Cant believe we’ve gone 6 pages without a too much competition joke. Remember that’s why they lost AJ? ?

Reaction Score
Cant believe we’ve gone 6 pages without a too much competition joke. Remember that’s why they lost AJ? ?
Boeheim has run off basically all his guards the past couple of years because of Joe Girard and I doubt any really good guard will want to come in to back him up. I feel badly for Girard, his coach has put an unbelievable amount of pressure on the kid to be great and he just isn't that kind of player and he's turned the fanbase against him.

Reaction Score
But no one is saying add Kadary and nothing else. We'll add shooting outside of Kadary
Are we gonna get someone that's better than Martin and/or Whaley/Akok and can shoot? Because if not then those players will either have to significantly improve their shooting or be benched for worse players that can shoot.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Arent we all agreed that Cole, Kadary, and Jackson would play 30ish mins per game next season? Where is the room for all the shooters people want to bring in on top of Kadary? We're already bringing in 2 top 50 guards, and returning Gaffney, who people are now apparently relying on for shooting as well. Where are we finding all these minutes for another shooter?

Reaction Score
Arent we all agreed that Cole, Kadary, and Jackson would play 30ish mins per game next season?
i dont agree on aj. the flashes we saw arent enough to justify penciling him in for a 30mpg starting role yet. not saying he can't be that guy but this isnt anything like what we were expecting of bouk going into year 2 (i.e. a 30mpg starting role)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Arent we all agreed that Cole, Kadary, and Jackson would play 30ish mins per game next season? Where is the room for all the shooters people want to bring in on top of Kadary? We're already bringing in 2 top 50 guards, and returning Gaffney, who people are now apparently relying on for shooting as well. Where are we finding all these minutes for another shooter?
We had Bouknight and Polley this year and most everyone thought we could've used another guard. It's weird you think we are too stacked at guard now to bring in other players.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
This quote from that article....YIKES

"Now, this is no knock on starting point guard Joseph Girard, who is capable of shooting the ball from Steph Curry land, as his endless range makes defenses extend their pressure. When he comes off of a screen, catches the ball and goes up to shoot, most onlookers expect it to go in. He has a James Harden-like sidestep or stepback that has proven extremely difficult to guard"

Reaction Score
This quote from that article....YIKES

"Now, this is no knock on starting point guard Joseph Girard, who is capable of shooting the ball from Steph Curry land, as his endless range makes defenses extend their pressure. When he comes off of a screen, catches the ball and goes up to shoot, most onlookers expect it to go in. He has a James Harden-like sidestep or stepback that has proven extremely difficult to guard"
That's your takeaway from the article.....Yikes.

"Richmond’s ability to handle pressure was simply far beyond his years."

"He would almost invite the pressure, calmly crossing over from left to right a few times and knifing down the lane to effortlessly lay it in or find someone wide open for an assist."

"And as the tragic reality settles in on Orange Nation that Kadary Richmond will no longer be with the Syracuse program, we have to come to grips with the fact that we have squandered away a special talent."

Reaction Score
The more I think through the roster and how minutes would play out, the more I think just adding one transfer is the likelihood. They have a lot of mouths to feed, at least 10 guys already that are expecting to get at least some minutes. Regardless of if a senior comes back or not, theres no way they’ll carry more than 13 guys and likely only 11, possibly 12 that would have a realistic chance of PT (other 1-2 would be developmental type guys).

They’ve recruited some top end recruits for the ‘21 class, need to get them time as well. Certainly a balancing act here

Reaction Score

"He would almost invite the pressure, calmly crossing over from left to right a few times and knifing down the lane to effortlessly lay it in or find someone wide open for an assist."

"And as the tragic reality settles in on Orange Nation that Kadary Richmond will no longer be with the Syracuse program, we have to come to grips with the fact that we have squandered away a special talent."
Didn't bother reading the link but the quote he posted is hilarious.

Reaction Score

I think the Yikes was to the comparison of Joe Girard to Steph Curry.

Reaction Score
The more I think through the roster and how minutes would play out, the more I think just adding one transfer is the likelihood. They have a lot of mouths to feed, at least 10 guys already that are expecting to get at least some minutes. Regardless of if a senior comes back or not, theres no way they’ll carry more than 13 guys and likely only 11, possibly 12 that would have a realistic chance of PT (other 1-2 would be developmental type guys).

They’ve recruited some top end recruits for the ‘21 class, need to get them time as well. Certainly a balancing act here
But the question is where are you getting those development guys from? Almost every high school senior who deserves a look from UConn is committed and I don't really have interest in taking some 300+ ranked recruit as a project just because we might have enough players to fill the rotation already. Especially when half the rotation is filled with question marks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom