Kadary Richmond Transferring | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond Transferring

Reaction Score
I understand that part. I just think that was more about starting over Girard, than just a starting issue

Reaction Score
You know, if they hadn't acted liked they did during the end of the Ollie years, I'd have a tiny bit of sympathy and empathy for the SU fans. But man, after hearing them trash UConn as a has been program that is going downhill quickly with an incompetent coach at the helm... their tears are just so so sweet.

And the requisite GIF any time something bad happens to our Canadian friends:

mrw GIF

Reaction Score
I think he fits a few pretty big areas of need, someone who can create on offense and a big guard are pretty big holes. We'd still have to lock up at least 1 and preferably 2 shooters, but getting Richmond would allow Hurley to focus on role players to fill holes over a big piece
i'd rather have kadary than fatts. he and 2 shooters (big W and Stretch 4) would be perfect.

Reaction Score
I do understand people saying he doesn't really fit what we need exactly because we do need some more outside shooting. But at the end of the day we'd all much rather bring him in and trust in Hawkins to be a good shooter as well as seeing Cole, Gaffney, and Jackson take big strides in their 3pt shooting than bring in a sharpshooter transfer from a mid-major in my opinion.

This kid is electric with the ball in his hands and him and Jackson together would be a magic pair defensively.

Reaction Score
I do understand people saying he doesn't really fit what we need exactly because we do need some more outside shooting. But at the end of the day we'd all much rather bring him in and trust in Hawkins to be a good shooter as well as seeing Cole, Gaffney, and Jackson take big strides in their 3pt shooting than bring in a sharpshooter transfer from a mid-major in my opinion.

This kid is electric with the ball in his hands and him and Jackson together would be a magic pair defensively.
Him and Jackson with a healthy Akok on the back end. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This feels like a bad fit, but maybe the talent is too good to pass up.

Reaction Score
Cole
Richmond
Jackson
Whaley? Akok
Sanogo

That lineup for 1 can not really shoot. But for 2, is absolutely ELECTRIC

Reaction Score
Cole, Gaffney, and Jackson
Cole and Gaffney already shot better than Polley this year. We need shooting, but if Akok is healthy and Hawkins can shoot we'll be okay. Particularly if Jackson gets improves literally to even 25%.

Reaction Score
What on earth are some of you talking about? He's a perfect fit and will be starting day 1 if he comes here.
You take the 6'5" kid who can play 3 positions and kills it on defense and figure the other stuff out later.

You end up with Gaff-Jackson-Hawkins-Martin-Richmond all being able to play interchangeably, three of them able to put in some time at PG (Gaff/Jackson/Richmond).

Reaction Score
Thank You. Shooters are meaningless with a Kadary/Fatts type guy who can get in the paint. I obviously prefer Kadary over Fatts. But we need a guy like that to get our shooters open looks
That doesn't matter if there's no shooters to get open looks to

Reaction Score
Who's saying one or the other? Its clear we need shooters, but some are acting as if we don't need a guard who can get into the paint. As if we've ever won a championship without one

Reaction Score
Cole
Richmond
Jackson
Whaley? Akok
Sanogo

That lineup for 1 can not really shoot. But for 2, is absolutely ELECTRIC
need hawkins in there for his shooting. it's not a popular opinion but aj hasnt proven he's going to start. the flashes he showed arent enough. kadary had a much better freshman year by any measurement.

Reaction Score
Who's saying one or the other? Its clear we need shooters, but some are acting as if we don't need a guard who can get into the paint. As if we've ever won a championship without one
Our shooting next year won't be as bad as people make it out to be, whether or not Polley comes back.

And Kadary didn't light it up, but many freshmen have shot 33% and then gone on to improve that number enough to be dangerous.

Reaction Score
There are shooters. Cole, Gaffney, and Hawkins can all shoot. Akok and Samson might be decent enough from deep as bigs where bigs have to come out on them. Our inability to break teams down from the perimeter so we can get easier shots at the rim and from the perimeter is even more important than getting another shooter or two, though we still need 1 more shooter IMO.

Reaction Score
need hawkins in there for his shooting. it's not a popular opinion but aj hasnt proven he's going to start. the flashes he showed arent enough. kadary had a much better freshman year than aj by any measurement.
It's true. Jackson's injury really hurt him there. He also couldn't keep out of foul trouble, which would have been much easier in a zone that Kadary got to play in.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There are shooters. Cole, Gaffney, and Hawkins can all shoot. Akok and Samson might be decent enough from deep as bigs where bigs have to come out on them. Our inability to break teams down from the perimeter so we can get easier shots at the rim and from the perimeter is even more important than getting another shooter or two, though we still need 1 more shooter IMO.
Gaffney cannot be the third best shooter on next years team. That'll be a disaster.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’m not commenting on roster need, but...
Just when you thought you had had the full spectrum of joyful experiences as a UConn fan, the prospect of making a final four run with a prized Cuse player driven away by Boeheim comes along... I mean could it get any sweeter

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom