Kadary Richmond Transferring | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond Transferring

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
This quote from that article....YIKES

"Now, this is no knock on starting point guard Joseph Girard, who is capable of shooting the ball from Steph Curry land, as his endless range makes defenses extend their pressure. When he comes off of a screen, catches the ball and goes up to shoot, most onlookers expect it to go in. He has a James Harden-like sidestep or stepback that has proven extremely difficult to guard"
A combination of Steph Curry and James Harden???????

Reaction Score
The more I think through the roster and how minutes would play out, the more I think just adding one transfer is the likelihood. They have a lot of mouths to feed, at least 10 guys already that are expecting to get at least some minutes. Regardless of if a senior comes back or not, theres no way they’ll carry more than 13 guys and likely only 11, possibly 12 that would have a realistic chance of PT (other 1-2 would be developmental type guys).

They’ve recruited some top end recruits for the ‘21 class, need to get them time as well. Certainly a balancing act here
the depth chart is a mess i'll give you that. cant make heads or tails of it but i agree we already have 9 guys that will command PT, not including whaley and/or polley. the problem is that only 1 or 2 of our most talented players are good shooters...not an easy fix.

in terms of talent accumulation i'd much rather have three or four borderline 5* players, six or seven 4* players, and three 3* players, as opposed to thirteen 4* players.

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Arent we all agreed that Cole, Kadary, and Jackson would play 30ish mins per game next season? Where is the room for all the shooters people want to bring in on top of Kadary? We're already bringing in 2 top 50 guards, and returning Gaffney, who people are now apparently relying on for shooting as well. Where are we finding all these minutes for another shooter?
Maybe I'm the outlier here, but I don't think there's a single player on the team whose game is so solid that they are locks for 30+ minutes. Jackson is a very good athlete and passer, but is loose with the ball and struggles to shoot. Richmond* hasn't shown at SU that he's a knockdown shooter, and Cole is short and shoots hot and cold. If they have obviously developed early on next year to the point that those are no longer problems, then sure, they get 30 minutes or more. And I hope that's the case. But you have to prove it.

*Assumes something that hasn't happened ... yet.

Reaction Score
I am no basketball expert , but I really like his game a lot. He looks like a player to me , I would be very happy if he becomes a Husky.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm the outlier here, but I don't think there's a single player on the team whose game is so solid that they are locks for 30+ minutes. Jackson is a very good athlete and passer, but is loose with the ball and struggles to shoot. Richmond* hasn't shown at SU that he's a knockdown shooter, and Cole is short and shoots hot and cold. If they have obviously developed early on next year to the point that those are no longer problems, then sure, they get 30 minutes or more. And I hope that's the case. But you have to prove it.

*Assumes something that hasn't happened ... yet.
Agree. Current group hasn’t won anything.

Our fan base so overrates our existing players. We are UConn. How do our current guards scare any opponent? How do they rate compared to typical UConn guards? we need creators and shooters. Kadary got by his man at will from what I saw. None of our returning guards approached that.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
the depth chart is a mess i'll give you that. cant make heads or tails of it but i agree we already have 9 guys that will command PT, not including whaley and/or polley. the problem is that only 1 or 2 of our most talented players are good shooters...not an easy fix.

in terms of roster construction i'd much rather have three or four borderline 5* players, six or seven 4* players and three 3* players, as opposed to thirteen 4* players.
Maybe I’m in the minority here but I think they’re in a solid spot for next season. Having a bunch of your core back is important and I like what I see with the guys coming in. Key is adding the right piece or two and I think they’ll compete at the top half of the league again. Then keep building from there.

Reaction Score
No doubt that Richmond is a gift of a transfer if we can reel him in.

On a different note, Griffin (Aubrey's brother) "might transfer" as well. The father played with DH and is still friends. Is there room for AG and would he fill a need?
hell yeah he's a good wing shooter. over 40% from 3 last year (just over 35% this year). if we could steal kadary AND griffin i might die of schadenfreude.

best case scenario:
scoring CG- kadary
shooting W- griffin
stretch PF/C- grad transfer TBD

and honestly all 3 of these guys would probably start next year unless whaley comes back

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This team got knocked out of the first round of the tournament and people here are worried about having too many mouths to feed? No one on this roster is a guaranteed starter next year, barring maybe Sanogo. If we want this program brought back to the glory days then every player on the roster should be looking behind their back and Hurley should always be looking to recruit over the current guys on the roster. That’s what Calhoun did. If bringing Kadary in relegates guys on the current roster to the bench that’s just the way it is. That’s how a championship program operates. There is absolutely no reason Hurley shouldn’t be making a full court press for Kadary. He immediately improves this team if he’s brought in. Some players may end up on the bench next year as a result, and that’s just the way the game goes.

Reaction Score
I saw this thread while I was running errands this afternoon and excitedly leafed through the first few pages. Then I thought, no, slow down. Really savor this one.

A few hours later, here I sit - comfortable couch, glass of scotch, afternoon sun dancing on each wonderful page. This is how Cuse misfortune is meant to be read.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
33E1045D-AAD5-4330-9D7F-1613A21DD24F.png

Reaction Score
Agree. Current group hasn’t won anything.

Our fan base so overrates our existing players. We are UConn. How do our current guards scare any opponent? How do they rate compared to typical UConn guards? we need creators and shooters. Kadary got by his man at will from what I saw. None of our returning guards approached that.
I think we'll be very good because our defense will be elite but agree we play this weird game where posters pretend we have too much talent for players to be added. Jackson and Sanogo have tons of talent but they are both developing.

Soms posters are saying we have too much depth/good players and we need to carry less players than the normal scholarship limit, this is after 7 years of having an undermanned team. I'll never understand this place.

Everyone on the board wants us to be great but some don't seem to want us to recruit and stockpile talent like the great teams do.

Reaction Score
No doubt that Richmond is a gift of a transfer if we can reel him in.

On a different note, Griffin (Aubrey's brother) "might transfer" as well. The father played with DH and is still friends. Is there room for AG and would he fill a need?
Griffin is the reason I asked the other night if a transfer can transfer multiple times and still play right away. His sister is on the UConn women's team also.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Griffin is the reason I asked the other night if a transfer can transfer multiple times and still play right away. His sister is on the UConn women's team also.

Him and richmond are what this team needs. God that would be one hell of a haul, and screw cuse over at the same time. Perfect

Then get a grad transfer senior to give you beef and 5 fouls behind sanogo and let’s rock for next year. (Still assuming no seniors come back)

Reaction Score
Need a point guard that gets in the lane and creates for others. Digging and Richmond can do that. Cole and Gaffney cannot or certainly did not do it this year. Too many of our threes are not open shots. Lack of a point guard that could create made it hard for Bouk (no easy shots).
bring on Kadary. Go get him DH

Reaction Score
I think we'll be very good because our defense will be elite but agree we play this weird game where posters pretend we have too much talent for players to be added. Jackson and Sanogo have tons of talent but they are both developing.

Soms posters are saying we have too much depth/good players and we need to carry less players than the normal scholarship limit, this is after 7 years of having an undermanned team. I'll never understand this place.

Everyone on the board wants us to be great but some don't seem to want us to recruit and stockpile talent like the great teams do.
Seriously. You want the best 13 players you can get. If you come to UConn and think you're not going to have to compete for minutes, you should go somewhere else. It's not because we don't have faith in any one individual player (at least not anymore, perhaps), but more because the best teams are loaded with talent to improve in practice and withstand injuries.

PWS

Reaction Score

Kadary Richmond is better than any guard we have. You plug him in for 30-35 minutes and allocate the rest of the time to those who deserve it & I would promise him that.

He needs work on his long range jump shot, but even that improved as the year went on. Compared to Jackson, he is Steph Curry. It is a Small sample, but he did shot 33%.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom