Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Would yall rather have Cardwell or Javonte Brown Ferguson? Personally i lean more Cardwell but am up for being convinced otherwise.

Either one is great. Cardwell seems more college ready and will be better the next few years, Javonte Brown Ferguson seems to have a higher long-term ceiling.

C

Chief00

Possibly an epic troll job,

Or @Chief00 is somehow a 23 year old WNBA rookie, who hangs around urinals, has worked at several fortune 500 companies, pals around with Bunkey, and who has been posting on the Yard since she was a young teen. Plausible.
Some truths, some untruths.

Reaction Score
Javonte Brown Ferguson said he would decide after the new year. Unless he's talking about the Jewish new year, are we really willing to wait?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Possibly an epic troll job,

Or @Chief00 is somehow a 23 year old WNBA rookie, who hangs around urinals, has worked at several fortune 500 companies, pals around with Bunkey, and who has been posting on the Yard since she was a young teen. Plausible.
It is pretty much the perfect cover.

Reaction Score
You could float a continent through the gap between what they know and what anyone here knows.

I don't know why anyone would put any actual weight on the player reviews here.
There are few things better than the seven paragraph definitive analysis based on a 45-second montage.

C

Chief00

As always, really going out on a limb to give us that valuable information.
Well, if you knew how to read Chief between the lines it would be. When Chief says “minimum” of three - what does that mean when the consensus is AG is graduating and Cole is here and due that slot. And we can’t discuss guys transferring on this board. What number do you think Chief thinks?

Reaction Score
Well, if you knew how to read Chief between the lines it would be. When Chief says “minimum” of three - what does that mean when the consensus is AG is graduating and Cole is here and due that slot. And we can’t discuss guys transferring on this board. What number do you think Chief thinks?
Cole is already on scholarship.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Javonte Brown Ferguson said he would decide after the new year. Unless he's talking about the Jewish new year, are we really willing to wait?
Ethiopia New Year was September 12, clearly he's late...

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Any possibility we get both Javonte Brown Ferguson and Cardwell? I have no idea if that is an option and am asking as pure speculation.

pj

Reaction Score
Any possibility we get both Javonte Brown Ferguson and Cardwell? I have no idea if that is an option and am asking as pure speculation.

Would take a fantastic sales job by Hurley.

Reaction Score
Why can’t guys possibly transferring be guessed about on this board?

Reaction Score

The conversations tended to turn out not so nice when it comes to speculation about specific players.

Reaction Score

Because 20 years ago, when transferring was much, much less common, it was viewed as being unnecessarily hurtful to players to see there being talk on message boards of them leaving the program.

Frankly, it made perfect sense at the time, but makes much less sense today with portals and an entirely different view of transferring by fans, players and coaches alike. A strong case could be made to the moderators that the ban no longer makes much sense. But their board, their rules.

C

Chief00

Cole is already on scholarship.
I wasn’t clear enough when I re-read. When I said he was due that slot I meant PG not scholarship. Of course, Chief is aware of that and the rule is Cole’s already on scholarship - my point was (and I used shorthand since I thought knowledge of that was a given) is that Gilbert is likely leaving to pro ball or else Cole wouldn’t be here sitting out a year with 2 years to go.
So all that is about getting minimum of 3 ships for 2020 with AG’a departure and RJ already using a ship. Then because Chief said minimum you can assume something beyond that if you choose to.

It is always a mistake to assume knowledge on here and use short hand for brevity. This is yet another reminder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The No Speculating about Transfers Rule makes sense most of the time still, at least during the season. After the 16-17 season when the rumors were really really strong about players transferring it was stupid that we had to talk in code about players...but at the same time if a player doesn't get playing time for a game and then posts a depressing song lyric we will have 25 page threads about this player possibly transferring and which recruits we can replace him with....so probably still not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom