Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass? | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The positive news here is that Kansas has prioritized Muscadin over the past couple of weeks, and landing him would take them off the table for Javonte Brown Ferguson.

I’d much rather battle Buzz Williams for a recruit than Kansas, not that it will be easy regardless.

Reaction Score
The positive news here is that Kansas has prioritized Muscadin over the past couple of weeks, and landing him would take them off the table for Javonte Brown Ferguson.

I’d much rather battle Buzz Williams for a recruit than Kansas, not that it will be easy regardless.

No the best news is that Bill Self and Kansas are facing the NCAA firing squad. Doesn't take much to point that out. If you take kansas out of this mix, I like where we stand.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
No the best news is that Bill Self and Kansas are facing the NCAA firing squad. Doesn't take much to point that out. If you take kansas out of this mix, I like where we stand.

lol... the NCAA "firing squad"

pew pew.jpg

Reaction Score
People can laugh, but the NCAA is embarrassed, is under seige right now, has Bill Selfs incriminating text messages produced during trial, and needs to send a message that they are in control.

I think you see them drop the hammer here.

Unfortunately "get some guys" is circumstantial at best. It will go to federal court for sure.

Reaction Score
is it just me or does the footage of this kid remind you Juwan Durham?

Reaction Score
Where is he ranked Top 50? Can't find one site that has him that high.

He’s 91 on 247. ESPN (which is the worst at this stuff) doesn’t yet know he exists, so no composite yet. Add in the likely re-class, and the recruiting sites will have some catching up to do.

It’s probably a better assessment of his talent to go by offers and schools showing the most interest (UConn, Kansas, Marquette, Texas A&M). I’m not exactly sure what Jake is referencing, but there are so many secondary rating sites that someone must have him there.

Reaction Score
The positive news here is that Kan$a$ has prioritized Muscadin over the past couple of weeks, and landing him would take them off the table for Javonte Brown Ferguson.

I’d much rather battle Buzz Williams for a recruit than Kan$a$, not that it will be easy regardless.
FIFY

Reaction Score
Javonte Brown Ferguson could be fantastic in a year. No first or even second hand info.. but judging by articles I saw out there he could end up a true 7 footer with a 7'4+ wingspan.

Couple of nice dribble drops in a video from this summer. Rolls to the basket well. Decent+ athlete.

Really good offer list. Make it happen coaches.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Javonte Brown Ferguson could be fantastic in a year. No first or even second hand info.. but judging by articles I saw out there he could end up a true 7 footer with a 7'4+ wingspan.

Couple of nice dribble drops in a video from this summer. Rolls to the basket well. Decent+ athlete.

Really good offer list. Make it happen coaches.
Didn't some recruiting analyst say his ranking isn't accurate because he's international but that he's a top-50 level talent for 2020? ...I might be remembering that wrong

Reaction Score
Didn't some recruiting analyst say his ranking isn't accurate because he's international but that he's a top-50 level talent for 2020? ...I might be remembering that wrong

I think that specific comment may have been about Mojave King, but the international part does also apply to Javonte.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
It would be nice to get a good Canadian here so we have a punchers chance against Oregon, Gonzaga, and Arizona State for Canadians. Those schools own that market lately

Reaction Score

Not in 2020. I think the argument could be made for 2021 though.

19 MPG
5.7 PPG
3.4 RPG
(No assists listed)
53% FG
35% FT
0.82 Blocks

Stats mentioned earlier that he had a big breakout game or two at the end of the AAU season (22/10 or something like that) as well.

Those are solid numbers for a 2021, but not really for a 2020. He'd be ranked lower than Cardwell, probably. Maybe even around 200... just based purely off numbers and no other factors. He just has a really young body compared to his peers--I'm sure he's getting bullied around the rim.

For comparison...

Cliff averaged 11.8/6.7/1.6 blocks
Cardwell averaged 6.2/8.2/2.3 blocks

So yeah, he's not as good as our 2020 recruits. But also has a higher ceiling than Cardwell definitely, maybe even cliff. If the coaches think with the luxury of a senior Carlton, senior whaley, and a sophomore springs makes it worth the development time, go for it. He'd be younger than most freshman bball players as a sophomore.

Summer stats I could find from top 100 centers...

Nate Bittle #15 -- 9.1/4.3/1.3 block
Franck Kepnang #19 -- 5.6/4.2/ 2 block
Jerrell Colbert #20 -- 8.4/6.2/1.6 block
Daimion Collins-- #22 -- Played 16u
Ernest Ross -- #38 -- 4.1/3.3/0.3 bpg
Charles Bediako #40 -- 16u Uplay Canada
John Butler #51-- 6.2/5.1/1.8bpg (dreadful 40% from the field... reminds me A LOT of juwan durham)
Jackson Grant #53-- Played 16u
Frank Anselem #59 -- Played 16u
Adama Sonogo #63 -- 8.4/8.6/1.1bpg for the NY Rens
Micah Etienne #67 -- Played 16u
Roosevelt Wheeler #68 -- Played 16u
Wilhelm Breidenbach #89 -- 7.5/5.8/0.7

I think what this shows is that rankings are REALLY based on potential and not stats after that top 15 sometimes. Adama Sonogo, for example... clearly outplaying his ranking. The good news is Javonte Brown Ferguson played up with 17u, which a lot of guys didn't.

I think it's fair to say he could be a 50ish recruit in 2021 considering his physical profile with room to grow. 2020 only? He's definitely out of the Top 100. A year under Carlton working with Kenya, and with Whaley, Spring, Carlton all vying for time too could be a great thing for him.

Reaction Score

Only film I was able to find from this past summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member