Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Forgive me mojo gods..

I don't get the negativity about this recruit. I don't see him as any less talented than Cardwell(I understand I'm not the best talent scout in the world). The footage posted previously in this thread is from Dec. 4th 2018 almost a year ago. Isn't this 7ft kid only 17 years old now? Give him some time, trust in Hurley and Co.

The footage below was posted on 247 seven days ago. Cardwell is the physically more agressive player right now but Javonte Brown Ferguson's upside under the guidance of DH and Kenya Hunter seems tantalizing. Confident that the 2020 class will be in a success with commitments from any off Omoruyi, Cardwell, Javonte Brown Ferguson.

Reaction Score
Forgive me mojo gods..

I don't get the negativity about this recruit. I don't see him as any less talented than Cardwell(I understand I'm not the best talent scout in the world). The footage posted previously in this thread is from Dec. 4th 2018 almost a year ago. Isn't this 7ft kid only 17 years old now? Give him some time, trust in Hurley and Co.

The footage below was posted on 247 seven days ago. Cardwell is the physically more agressive player right now but Javonte Brown Ferguson's upside under the guidance of DH and Kenya Hunter seems tantalizing. Confident that the 2020 class will be in a success with commitments from any off Omoruyi, Cardwell, Javonte Brown Ferguson.

We just have to trust the staff, they are very good and know way more about this stuff than any of us do.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Forgive me mojo gods..

No negativity really. People are only commenting on the video that is available. It is understood if not stated that there is not enough footage to know much about this recruit.

Reaction Score
I like the fire and the bit of toughness and 'edge' that Cardwell projects, vs the lukewarm descriptions of Javonte which I think are accurate from the limited clips. On the other hand, Javonte clearly wasn't 240lbs in the video I watched and could easily be maturing into an impactful player. The interest of UConn, Arizona, Kansas, and Texas A&M is testimony to the fact that the clips we have seen aren't likely the current story. I think we could use a front court player with an attitude (Cardwell), but 7' 240lbs, maturing, with a soft baseline shot, also sounds good. Give me either one and I'll sell myself that we did real good.

Reaction Score
Javonte would be extremely young as a Freshman, and if our staff along with other high majors see a lot of potential I will definitely be on board. I prefer Cardwell because he seems like he'd fit into our transition style offense more, running up and down the court getting put backs, lobs and offensive rebounds. First to commit works for me, then turn 100% attention to Cam

pj

Reaction Score
Javonte is extremely young and projects to have extraordinary height, length, and strength. The comparisons to Bambi or not getting off the ground -- those are the kinds of things that either are natural to rapidly growing teenagers or are easily fixed by a college strength and conditioning program. There is absolutely no reason to be negative on this kid.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas and Arizona don't recruit kids to be back ups for 4 years.

KU's last five true center recruits:
Azubuike (has been often injured but was McD AA)
Embiid (#3 pick doesn't exactly suck)
Withy (2nd round NBA pick)
Markief Morris (#13 pick in draft)
Cole Aldrich (#11 pick in draft)

So we may be in pretty good company with this kid.

Reaction Score
No negativity really. People are only commenting on the video that is available. It is understood if not stated that there is not enough footage to know much about this recruit.
Thank youuuuuu.

Reaction Score
KU's last five true center recruits:
Azubuike (has been often injured but was McD AA)
Embiid (#3 pick doesn't exactly suck)
Withy (2nd round NBA pick)
Markief Morris (#13 pick in draft)
Cole Aldrich (#11 pick in draft)

So we may be in pretty good company with this kid.
FWIW Markief is/was not a center

Reaction Score
This is Javonte as he was in the posted highlights
1570122770392.png

Reaction Score
in what scenario would we have 4 spots? (in general terms)
AG leaves and then Hurley & Co tell someone that there isn’t a spot for them next season so u should transfer.

pj

Reaction Score
So who would Hurley kick out? No one! That is not his style.

No one will be kicked out, but I don't think it's out of the question that there may be a grad transfer looking for more playing time in his final season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom