Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You could float a continent through the gap between what they know and what anyone here knows.

I don't know why anyone would put any actual weight on the player reviews here.
Like an Antarctica, or like a South America??
:rolleyes:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The No Speculating about Transfers Rule makes sense most of the time still, at least during the season. After the 16-17 season when the rumors were really really strong about players transferring it was stupid that we had to talk in code about players...but at the same time if a player doesn't get playing time for a game and then posts a depressing song lyric we will have 25 page threads about this player possibly transferring and which recruits we can replace him with....so probably still not a good idea.
The supposition is that players, their families or their friends possibly read this message board.

It’s not just bad taste but counterproductive if it becomes known that a group of ardent UConn fans think a player is unworthy to be at UConn and should transfer. That could poison not only that player but other players on the team as well as future recruits.

In this day and age where kids are tuned into social media, where adult Boneyarders frequently demonstrate sensitivity to what is said in this forum, where other fan bases have shown they lurk, there is zero to gain by this subject and lots to lose.

Reaction Score
The supposition is that players, their families or their friends possibly read this message board.

It’s not just bad taste but counterproductive if it becomes known that a group of ardent UConn fans think a player is unworthy to be at UConn and should transfer. That could poison not only that player but other players on the team as well as future recruits.

In this day and age where kids are tuned into social media, where adult Boneyarders frequently demonstrate sensitivity to what is said in this forum, where other fan bases have shown they lurk, there is zero to gain by this subject and lots to lose.
Well said

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

About his Kansas visit:

“Kansas was great,” he said by text. “They said they want me. They need two bigs. They said if Gethro [Muscadin] and Isaiah Toddsign then it wouldn’t be the best thing for me to come.”

Nothing screams “we want you” like being the third wheel. Hopefully he comes where he’s truly wanted.
If I were a recruit and I was told this by a school I would immediately stop considering them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If he likes what he sees and hears while in Storrs, sign him
The kid is BIG and he will only get better
Better to have than to be left with nothing

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
he was on Instagram live, was listening for a couple minutes. Think he mumbled he doesn't have any more visits scheduled
Wouldn’t be surprised. It’s been quiet and a number of our insiders have said that we’ve been trending in the wrong direction.

Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Nailed it. In my mind, they chose to come to Storrs. They are UConn Huskies until they aren’t. Once the story breaks in media it becomes fair game. It shouldn’t begin here.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

No, that wasn't really it. This really isn't a board for players' families - it's for fans and that means that occasionally, there will be criticism of a player that might offend his family. Can't do anything about that.

The worry was that our speculating about a player transferring could turn that speculation into something more. The media, as you may have noticed, does take some direction from what happens here and we didn't want our transfer speculation to become a story that a kid would have to address.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am more worried about the players portal and I will leave it at that

Reaction Score

And yet we talk about it all the time, with varying levels of vagueness and coded language. Functionally, there is no (enforced) ban.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And yet we talk about it all the time, with varying levels of vagueness and coded language. Functionally, there is no (enforced) ban.
As Fishy pointed out the real problem is the increased chance the media members who lurk here might presume there is some fire to the posts if there is too much smoke.

I disagree with him about friends and family however. There are members who have been in The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Kansas hosted multiple top-tier recruits that night. At least one of them, Javonte Brown-Ferguson (a 6-foot-11 center prospect in the 2021 class), said he had fun during the show.

"I loved my visit," he told the Kansas City Star. "The Snoop [Dogg] performance had the crowd going crazy. It was amazing."

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As Fishy pointed out the real problem is the increased chance the media members who lurk here might presume there is some fire to the posts if there is too much smoke.

I disagree with him about friends and family however. There are members who have been in The Boneyard.

Nothing worse than a kid finding out he wants to transfer from somebody else.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
. At least one of them, Javonte Brown-Ferguson (a 6-foot-11 center prospect in the 2021 class), said he had fun during the show.

"I loved my visit," he told the Kansas City Star. "The Snoop [Dogg] performance had the crowd going crazy. It was amazing."

KU knew exactly what they were doing when they hired snoop. Nothing unexpected.

Snoops reply was great though. “when you pay for Snoop Dogg, you gon’ get Snoop Dogg,” he said.

Reaction Score
i hope cardwell can stand the sound of autotune

Reaction Score
This is kinda crazy. I know it's first night, but having both your targets for the same position there at the same time is... aggressive.

Hurley is ruthless.

1571105428656.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member