Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to the NCAA, just 1.2 percent of NCAA athletes make it to the NBA and just 0.03 percent of high school seniors that play basketball eventually get drafted by NBA franchises.
P.S. I could not find what percent play overseas.
I wonder if recruits are aware of this?

Homer agrees

Reaction Score
Get him on campus and Lock. Him. Up.

86F5922C-E01C-48BD-8B8D-8F4340D73B42.jpeg

Reaction Score
His offer list quality to highlight video quality is astounding.

I think he looks pretty bad in his highlights, honestly, besides his size.

But obviously I'm wrong and there must be huge upside and huge recent improvement in his game to be getting this type of interest...which is exciting.

Reaction Score

But obviously I'm wrong and there must be huge upside and huge recent improvement in his game to be getting this type of interest...which is exciting.
We are on the same page. Highlights didn’t impress me. I’m assuming coaches see tons of upside with him. Carlton would be a good mentor to teach good fundamentals

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Lot of pay for play on that list tho.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Get him on campus and Lock. Him. Up.

View attachment 47219
This is BS
Zona should not be able to offer anyone anything - they should be on double double probation and the only call Miller should be making is from a prison cell
I abhor Sean Miller - just looking at him I see lies, cheating and contempt for any rules/regulations

Reaction Score
Totally agree with you on Miller. It’s well know out here what a cheater he is.
This is BS
Zona should not be able to offer anyone anything - they should be on double double probation and the only call Miller should be making is from a prison cell
I abhor Sean Miller - just looking at him I see lies, cheating and contempt for any rules/regulations

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think B and C may be reversed.

Not in the timeline of things, but maybe in desire--I'm not privy to who they actually want more. Still, I don't the Cardwell situation was a case of staff backing off. They just couldn't get him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Next.

Too many pay for play programs involved. Where there is smoke.....

I would love to be proven wrong but these situations never end well for us. It would be one thing if only $elf was involved and the kid was their plan B. But it is a bad sign when all the sleazy vultures circle a kid like this. Either a miracle occurs at first night or we are done. Expect to see our coaches "in to see" other big men shortly after first night. It amazes me that coaches are poking the Hornets nest that is the FBI. And it is sad that the people advising these kids aren't aware of the dangers or aren't telling these kids about the dangers of dealing with coaches who are being investigated by the FBI. Sean Miller isn't smarter than Al Capone. He WILL end up in jail as will some of the others like him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And it is sad that the people advising these kids aren't aware of the dangers or aren't telling these kids about the dangers of dealing with coaches who are being investigated by the FBI. Sean Miller isn't smarter than Al Capone. He WILL end up in jail as will some of the others like him.

What dangers? Nobody's getting killed here.

Not talking Javonte Brown Ferguson here specifically, but you can go somewhere, get paid, if the coach gets fired, you go somewhere else. Heck, you might even get paid again.

Reaction Score
This is BS
I see sweat.

1571325602208.png

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is BS
Whats amazing is how these scandals haven’t affected these schools recruiting really at all. Arizona and Louisville had the top 2 of the top 3 classes in the country last year. It’s like the kids know the NCAA won’t do anything.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Whats amazing is how these scandals haven’t affected these schools recruiting really at all. Arizona and Louisville had the top 2 of the top 3 classes in the country last year. It’s like the kids know the NCAA won’t do anything.

The process takes forever in these things anyway. Most of these kids will be gone by the time the NCAA gets around to it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I am

Statistics are fascinating. Sixty percent of NBA players go broke within 5 years of departing the league. The average NBA career is about 4.5 years. So 60% of them will be broke in their late 20s/early 30s.
I am all for dreaming big and if these kids want to make it to the NBA all the power to them. However, it appears that 60% of them did not have a backup plan.

read Adonai Foyles book and he said a bunch of guys aren’t even taking advantage of all the retirement benefits they get. Him and Phillip Buchanan wrote great books about athletes and money.

Reaction Score
What dangers? Nobody's getting killed here.

Not talking Javonte Brown Ferguson here specifically, but you can go somewhere, get paid, if the coach gets fired, you go somewhere else. Heck, you might even get paid again.
The repercussions from a player standpoint really is minimal which is why they continue to take the bag and commit to these guys. Thanks for the money and one year of fun, see you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom