Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown-Ferguson Reclass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No the best news is that Bill Self and Kansas are facing the NCAA firing squad. Doesn't take much to point that out. If you take kansas out of this mix, I like where we stand.
This may be very true. There may be too much pressure not to penalize a big guy. This surely seems like it can't hurt - where other real contenders are facing difficulty. Two athletic, coordinated, intelligent bigs would really help position us over the next window of time. Just my opinion. I do like the rotation of 4 or 5 big guys.

C

Chief00

This may be very true. There may be too much pressure not to penalize a big guy. This surely seems like it can't hurt - where other real contenders are facing difficulty. Two athletic, coordinated, intelligent bigs would really help position us over the next window of time. Just my opinion. I do like the rotation of 4 or 5 big guys.
Preaching to the Chief choir on the 4 or 5 Bigs rotation. Chief loved that in 2004.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Preaching to the Chief choir on the 4 or 5 Bigs rotation. Chief loved that in 2004.

Kids don't really want that in 2019. No patience. Everybody promised the moon.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Unless they care to notice how many of them went to the league.

Everybody thinks they are going to the league these days Rich. Even the 8th man on the bench!

Reaction Score
This is kinda crazy. I know it's first night, but having both your targets for the same position there at the same time is... aggressive.

especially if theyre the only 2 recruits on campus but hey last year hurley had akok, wahab, springs all there together

Reaction Score
especially if theyre the only 2 recruits on campus but hey last year hurley had akok, wahab, springs all there together

I like the idea. You get to see what first night is like and the buzz is growing around UConn again. When u see your potential team mates having fun in uniform it helps recruits envision what it would be like. Our first night is above average in terms of attendance and action. Fun times! Hopefully T-Pain has something cool up his sleeve... like what snoop did, but more appropriate lol.

Reaction Score
Unless they care to notice how many of them went to the league.
According to the NCAA, just 1.2 percent of NCAA athletes make it to the NBA and just 0.03 percent of high school seniors that play basketball eventually get drafted by NBA franchises.
P.S. I could not find what percent play overseas.
I wonder if recruits are aware of this?

Reaction Score
According to the NCAA, just 1.2 percent of NCAA athletes make it to the NBA and just 0.03 percent of high school seniors that play basketball eventually get drafted by NBA franchises.

There are 540,000 USA high school basketball players. Top 200 basketball recruits are in the top 0.037th percentile. Makes sense for them to do everything to achieve their dreams and generational wealth.

Reaction Score
There are 540,000 USA high school basketball players. Top 200 basketball recruits are in the top 0.037th percentile. Makes sense for them to do everything to achieve their dreams and generational wealth.
I am
Statistics are fascinating. Sixty percent of NBA players go broke within 5 years of departing the league. The average NBA career is about 4.5 years. So 60% of them will be broke in their late 20s/early 30s.
I am all for dreaming big and if these kids want to make it to the NBA all the power to them. However, it appears that 60% of them did not have a backup plan.

C

Chief00

I am

Statistics are fascinating. Sixty percent of NBA players go broke within 5 years of departing the league. The average NBA career is about 4.5 years. So 60% of them will be broke in their late 20s/early 30s.
I am all for dreaming big and if these kids want to make it to the NBA all the power to them. However, it appears that 60% of them did not have a backup plan.
Statistics aren’t important in recruiting - these kids think they are going to The League. It’s not reality except for in thought.

pj

Reaction Score
I am

Even if they're broke, they can still say they played in the NBA. There's a lot of broke 29 year olds who wish they could say that.

Reaction Score
I am

Of course, the percentage who would be broke if they didn’t play in the NBA would be even higher. And it’s not as if the choices are going broke or barely getting by. Some percentage of former players are rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Reaction Score
Statistics aren’t important in recruiting - these kids think they are going to The League. It’s not reality except for in thought.

Once again, you're absolutely right and CERTIFIED. The superstars from HS all want max exposure to help them get to "the league" and unfortunately right now it's not here.

All the more reason to not get our hopes up for the top 25 type guys KO chased......at least not at this point in our history. That could come in a few short years if the staff proves it can routinely develop guys like Carlton, Polley, and Whaley, Hurley proves he can make us relevant again and, if he wins a National Championship, watch out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I almost had a seizure trying to read this

C

Chief00

Once again, you're absolutely right and CERTIFIED. The superstars from HS all want max exposure to help them get to "the league" and unfortunately right now it's not here.

All the more reason to not get our hopes up for the top 25 type guys KO chased.at least not at this point in our history. That could come in a few short years if the staff proves it can routinely develop guys like Carlton, Polley, and Whaley, Hurley proves he can make us relevant again and, if he wins a National Championship, watch out.
Thanks, Chief knows The Grind.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
@GHSWolverines - by official Boneyard edict you are not allowed contact with any potential UConn basketball recruits. Your relentless positivity will overwhelm them.

Reaction Score
I think it’s a good rule, partly due to that.
Disagree entirely! In this day and age of basketball transfers are almost as important as recruits. More so if you need immediate help or are anticipating an impending loss.
To not discuss transfers is basically ignoring a potentially huge part of the roster picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom