Jalen Carey Talks Final Three | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey Talks Final Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So this is the buzz I am hearing. Dad is big into the acc. Wants his kid playing against duke and unc on tv. Not Tulane or central Florida. Very important to dad. Could be talk ..... It sound very close between cuse and uconn . Could go either way.
I remember when we sucked and the only way JC could recruit was by telling kids who they would play against. When we got good we were recruiting kids on who they could play for. I believe it's obvious how the senior Mr Carey views Syracuse.

C

Chief00

Can you tell the casual fans what you're seeing in Williams that portends well for this season?
Often guys who can leap like Williams don't know how to box out since at a lower level they just out jump everyone by a lot. Williams actually tries to box out. He could use some improved technique but at least the thought is there. He also has good hands.
What he needs is a recognition that he needs to refine his skills and work on that rather than dunks.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not knocking Jalen's dad per se, but I'm really hating how every parent seems to lean another way. Infuriating.

One thing about JC (and yes, he had the BE and HOF resume) was that he was the God of the home visit. JC could close a kid's parents like no man.

He had the BE, I really don't think he came across any more positive than KO does now, both have different styles
Nearly every junkyard dog and toughnosed kid wanted the BE - the stylized "I look good trying to do it" went to ACC and Duke

Reaction Score
What does this even mean? Did jalen Carey say "man I was going to cuse but uconn made up ground today"

Yeah, there are a lot of weird analogies used in recruiting that make it sound like a quantifiable contest. The whims of an 18-year-old kid and his parents/coaches/handlers is not the sort of thing one "makes up ground" on.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
So this is the buzz I am hearing. Dad is big into the acc. Wants his kid playing against duke and unc on tv. Not Tulane or central Florida. Very important to dad. Could be talk ..... It sound very close between cuse and uconn . Could go either way.

Not coming at you 99, but I'm sure it will show out really well for the kid when he puts up 14/6/3 as Cuse gets wiped off the floor by 35 against Duke in southern Canada while Boeheim sits in the locker room serving another NCAA suspension for excessive nasal contact.

Reaction Score
Yup.. OK so this is what I'm hearing on the Yukon side. The staff is selling the family the he will be the new Kamba and shahbaz. Gilbert will run the show for a year With carey and eventually after a year or 2 he would run the show .

That doesn't sound very compelling at all. The Shabazz path isn't something that Mr. Carey is going to find too enticing.

Reaction Score
Cuse looks like they are in the lead for Carey. The fact that Cuse has been sending mediocre guards in the NBA in 2 years or less is enticing to Jalen Carey.

Not only that but he would have the keys from day 1 at Cuse which his family is looking for.

Our message needs to be you have an opportunity to be the next great UCONN guard like Kemba to be a lottery pick and a NCAA champion

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Carey had many chances to commit - he didn't
Akinjo came in - KO likes what he saw and Akinjo did also - he committed
As far as I'm concerned if Carey comes to UConn, I'll be happy
If he doesn't I feel we have a guard who has the potential to do some special things
In fact we have 3 that stand out - JA, AG and Akinjo - and Vital ain't too far behind
If Carey wants to play zone - so be it

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not knocking Jalen's dad per se, but I'm really hating how every parent seems to lean another way. Infuriating.

One thing about JC (and yes, he had the BE and HOF resume) was that he was the God of the home visit. JC could close a kid's parents like no man.

We really never know what way the parent is leaning - we get the end result of a game of telephone where even the beginning of the conversation is suspect. The "I'm hearing..." posts should really just be for entertainment-only.

C

Chief00

That's the kind of negative recruiting we need.

Maybe we need a Blaze 2 - focused on negative recruiting? Blaze 1 was very positive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Boeheim is 100 years old, has one foot out the door, has half as many championships as Tyler Olander, teaches a zone D which leaves his guards ill prepared for the NBA, and has his finger up his nose the majority of the time.

And yet Syracuse has had 9 first round picks in the last 10 years.
How many kids has Ollie gotten drafted? One, right? And that kid played his first 2 years for Calhoun, didn't he?

Reaction Score
And yet Syracuse has had 9 first round picks in the last 10 years.
How many kids has Ollie gotten drafted? One, right? And that kid played his first 2 years for Calhoun, didn't he?
Ollie has had 3 draft picks: Shabazz (26) and Daniels (37) in 2014, Daniel Hamilton (56) in 2016. But to your point, yeah, not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom