Jalen Carey Talks Final Three | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey Talks Final Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

They landed Sidney Wilson, James Akinjo and Kwintin Williams. And that was with their foot on the brake. Imagine when they step off of it!!!!!
The foot was not on brake for Sid and James

Reaction Score
The foot was not on brake for Sid and James
776.jpg

Reaction Score
Is he not a HOF coach? Did I say he was the best in NCAA basketball? No, I didn't. Rightfully or not there is a draw for some kids to play for established coaches with a history of success. Some of you people are so blinded by your fandom that you become delusional.

We call it realism. Yes CJB has had some success in conference, even made it to the final 4 last year or so, but did not win. The zone does not prepare players properly for the NBA,as the long staying power of their players drafted proves this point.

I hate the Cuse fans with a red hot intensity and,yes, some of their players(devo).

pj

Reaction Score
Realism huh? Just like Diallo would never go anywhere but UConn?

Calipari in his prime is a better recruiter than Boeheim in his dotage. Let's see who pulls out Carey. I doubt it's JB.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Carey's dad liked a tweet of a cuse fan saying to pick them... maybe they don't agree? Another kid wants UConn, parent wants school X situation?

C

Chief00

Diallo was 8 months ago chief lol
Many things have changed since then - not only staff but approach - we are no longer recruiting with one hand tied behind our back. But, more importantly its attitude. Totally different. An AD who would rather support us winning recruiting battles than take bows for perfect APR scores.

Reaction Score
Jalen already out of meeting with boeheim.

I feel like a creep lol

I take this as either:
1. Boeheim knows he's getting Carey and he was just checking in
2. Jalen doesn't want to hear Boeheim's crap and had enough

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This is the age of sports free agency roulette, all that the incoming impact players really care about at the end of the day is: exposure (E) x play time (T).

E x T = P (the pitch, or what the program in question is offering the incoming impact player)

*note: I found the above equation scribbled in between mad ramblings in Chief00's Briefs notebook.

At the end of the day UConn and Cuse offer similar exposure to a kid like Carey, the deciding factor will be whose pitch for play time he and his camp accept as truth. It's up to KO to sell his multi guard system that never adheres to the traditional 1 and 2 spots exclusively for guards, and that at times 4 ball handlers and play makers could be on the court together. If Carey and his camp continue to harp on his insistence on filling a certain positional role like we saw on the Zags article then I would think it hurts our chances since Cuse has less options at what he claims to want.

Reaction Score
Everyone can imagine a scenario where he goes to Syracuse. The distinction is describing Cuse's position as "head and shoulders above UConn."

Reaction Score
Can't be sure, but it sounds like KO eased Carey's mind about there being another 2018 PG on board. That would be a big lift.
It sounds like they at least dealt with the issue of PT and PG but he still sounds like a Syracuse lean. The relationship with KO may make the difference if he chooses UConn.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
If he chooses cuse.I hope we meet them in the garden next year and AG,vital,akinjo and any other guards we have go nuts on them.

C

Chief00

This is the age of sports free agency roulette, all that the incoming impact players really care about at the end of the day is: exposure (E) x play time (T).

E x T = P (the pitch, or what the program in question is offering the incoming impact player)

*note: I found the above equation scribbled in between mad ramblings in Chief00's Briefs notebook.

At the end of the day UConn and Cuse offer similar exposure to a kid like Carey, the deciding factor will be whose pitch for play time he and his camp accept as truth. It's up to KO to sell his multi guard system that never adheres to the traditional 1 and 2 spots exclusively for guards, and that at times 4 ball handlers and play makers could be on the court together. If Carey and his camp continue to harp on his insistence on filling a certain positional role like we saw on the Zags article then I would think it hurts our chances since Cuse has less options at what he claims to want.

Can't argue with the part that KO needs to refine the sell narrative on the position less combo guard - I guess Golden State might be a pro example and how we prepare you for that type of system. I think in the Northeast - especially NYC/NJ many are point guard centric.
Another thing - when a coach tells you he won't recruit your position if you sign its total BS. A coach's job is to recruit the best players he thinks he has a chance of signing. Injuries, disappointments and guys leaving early are reasons you need to keep the pipeline flowing.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If he chooses cuse.I hope we meet them in the garden next year and AG,vital,akinjo and any other guards we have go nuts on them.
I think we're already scheduled to play them at the garden next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01