Jalen Carey Talks Final Three | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey Talks Final Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Can't argue with the part that KO needs to refine the sell narrative on the position less combo guard - I guess Golden State might be a pro example and how we prepare you for that type of system. I think in the Northeast - especially NYC/NJ many are point guard centric.
Another thing - when a coach tells you he won't recruit your position if you sign its total BS. A coach's job is to recruit the best players he thinks he has a chance of signing. Injuries, disappointments and guys leaving early are reasons you need to keep the pipeline flowing.

This is true. Didn't curry play more of a Ben Gordon type role at Davidson? I thought they had another primary ball handler during their wild run to the E8

Reaction Score
This kid is a program changer, if we are that close we need put + into locking him up...

True difference maker, will bring this current program to another level...

Reaction Score
So this is the buzz I am hearing. Dad is big into the acc. Wants his kid playing against duke and unc on tv. Not Tulane or central Florida. Very important to dad. Could be talk ..... It sound very close between cuse and uconn . Could go either way.

the Q

Reaction Score
So this is the buzz I am hearing. Dad is big into the acc. Wants his kid playing against duke and unc on tv. Not Tulane or central Florida. Very important to dad. Could be talk ..... It sound very close between cuse and uconn . Could go either way.

I look forward to him being our next purvis. :)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Guess he didn't see our schedule that go released.

I'm not blind to the ACC to AAC but once you get past UNC and Duke, our schedule isn't that far off.

Nova, Zona, Wichita, Cinci, Nike tourney...

Reaction Score
Guess he didn't see our schedule that go released.

I'm not blind to the ACC to AAC but once you get past UNC and Duke, our schedule isn't that far off.

Nova, Zona, Wichita, Cinci, Nike tourney...

Also father thinks that his son will be all conference when he is ready to go to the NBA and being all conference ACC sounds much better than all conference AAC

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That is what they are selling
on their schedule they have Maryland, Kansas, UCONN, Virginia(2x), Louisville, UNC(1x), Duke(1x), BC(2x),

we have oregon PK80 will have much exposure, cuse, Zona, Auburn, Nova, Witchita (2x), Cinci (2x), SMU

Next year I have no clue who we have scheduled besides Nova, Cuse, and Zona. I have no clue about them besides us

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That doesn't matter it's important to the dad. Playing time is also a factor huge
is this going to be another Sid situation or purvis/larrier? I see if the kid isnt happy he just declares instead of transferring as the dad seems set on the NBA soon

He is going to start wherever he goes. IMO I don't see his stock going up if his defense is hidden due to the zone unless he comes in and just kills it offensively. In todays age if you can ball you're going to be talked about, watched, and in the league. He would make a great backcourt with Gilbert, Akinjo, Vital.

Reaction Score
Well you gotta think if he's an all-conference future NBA player he'll be able to get some PT for UConn?

Yup.. OK so this is what I'm hearing on the Yukon side. The staff is selling the family the he will be the new Kamba and shahbaz. Gilbert will run the show for a year With carey and eventually after a year or 2 he would run the show .

Reaction Score
That doesn't matter it's important to the dad. Playing time is also a factor huge

Not saying you're wrong but UConn has more talent in the backcourt and plays in the AAC so if all those factors (playing time, ACC, etc) are so important to Father Carey how are we still in this thing?

the Q

Reaction Score

Thanks for the update. This is part of what I was talking about in the other Carey thread. Sports Parents who don't have a clue what they're talking about. It's a freaking epidemic.

Reaction Score
Yup.. OK so this is what I'm hearing on the Yukon side. The staff is selling the family the he will be the new Kamba and shahbaz. Gilbert will run the show for a year With carey and eventually after a year or 2 he would run the show .

Lol and Akinjo???

Reaction Score
Just putting it out there but Carey is signifcantly more talented than Akinjo

I agree with you. Im high on akinjo, but he needs to play like he did in peach jam for more than a weekend. Great potential but he has to become more effecient and work on some skills. Carey is d1 ready

Reaction Score
If you are all conference as freshmen in the American...you are probably gonna go to the NBA.

Edit, misread the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01