Jalen Carey Talks Final Three | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey Talks Final Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It could/should be 4>0.

The NCAA gave Cuse an absolute gift by not vacating their lone title even though they were cited for lack of institutional control beginning 2 years prior, and very likely won that title with players who should have been suspended.

Says the guy whose players won the title the year after their own post-season ban.

Reaction Score
How have you done the last 3 years, as the reality of being in the AACK! Conference is settling in? You've lost 43 games in that time. Is Ollie's seat getting warm yet?

How has your recruiting been trending lately? I see you guys were pretty pumped about getting a top 100 guy recently. Congrats! Your days of elite recruiting are over, unless a P5 lifeline comes along before too much longer.

Soon, your hoops team will be on par with your football program.

That's what I see in my crystal ball, since you asked.

When JB leaves, we will still have an arena that seats over 30,000 and one of the most profitable athletic programs in the country. You will still be playing in a mid-major on-campus arena the size of the one we outgrew at the end of the 1970s. And you will play your "premier" marquee matchups against Cinci, Memphis and Temple in Hartford 40 minutes off campus.

Your crystal ball? No I can't believe that. You know what've done the last 3 years, beaten Syracuse every time we play them how's that taste in your mouth going?

Reaction Score
Says the guy whose players won the title the year after their own post-season ban.

You're embarrassing yourself it must be like the Orange in the ACC so you get it right? Best thing to do is to leave seriously.

Reaction Score
Your crystal ball? No I can't believe that. You know what've done the last 3 years, beaten Syracuse every time we play them how's that taste in your mouth going?

How does it feel that even ESPN hates you, and tries to harm your school, when you are the home to ESPN? You guys will be like University of San Francisco, Oklahoma A&M, Texas Western, DePaul and Loyola of Chicago pretty soon. Teams with a glorious past who can't compete in the here and now.

Reaction Score
How does it feel that even ESPN hates you, and tries to harm your school, when you are the home to ESPN? You guys will be like University of San Francisco, Oklahoma A&M, Texas Western, DePaul and Loyola of Chicago pretty soon. Teams with a glorious past who can't compete in the here and now.

We feel sad and pathetic. You are probably right.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

It could be worse.

We could be in Syracuse.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Assuming we're out on this one?

Depends what Carey wants. If he’s afraid to come with Mathews and Akinjo I think he goes elsewhere. Or he realizes how good this class can be with a commit from him and we go from there

Reaction Score
We came within a lucky shot and a now-defunct rule of winning in '87. (Clock would have stopped with 4 seconds left, our ball, down 1 under current rules.)

We ran into the best college team of probably the last 30 years in the '96 Final, and were within a couple buckets when Wallace fouled out on a phantom call with under 3 minutes to play.

We probably would have met Kentucky in the 2010 Final, if Arinze Onuaku had not blown out his knee right before the NCAA tournament. We still made the Regional Final without him.

In 2012, we were robbed of another Final Four in a horribly unfairly officiated game against Sullinger's Ohio State team, without Fab Melo, because of ESPN's bullteat sensationalizing of the Bernie Fine extortion case by that former ball boy. Melo, just to be clear, had already been suspended during the regular season for the very same thing they suspended him for a second time on the eve of the tournament.

So it's not like we haven't been close multiple other times. The last 2 trips to the Final Four, we were lucky to be there. Neither 2013 or 2016 were among our better teams. Both had clear flaws.
And you would have zero if Kansas didn't miss a thousand free throws, or Marcus White didn't get the ball stuck on the rim against Texas in Texas.

If we were into the game of what ifs Uconn would have 6 or 7 titles but that game is for losers. Your entire post is the post of a whiny loser.

The reality is you have 1 less national championship than Tyler Olander and probably will for the rest of your life.

Reaction Score
You're probably smart enough to know that ban was nonsense. Probably.

Those players also had a perfect APR score.

You have to do better than that.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

We'll be competing for years going forward. You'll be racking up 5-13 finishes in the ACC and commitments from 3-stars from Buffalo from this year until the end of time. Your future is Boston College and Rutgers - the laughingstocks of the P5.

Reaction Score

Does anyone care about ESPN they're not even a sports station anymore Matt? We were San Fran, OK A& M we were in the Yankee Conference then we came to the Big East and you guys hammered us for 4-5 years then all of a sudden after 1989-90 we owned you and Georgetown and since we only played once since we left, we still do. Hope you enjoy being the black sheep of the ACC it fits you well.

Why are you still here little man, move on go play Xbox or watch Trolls.

Reaction Score

Haven't we won three NC's since you won your last and only? It feels like there is a change but more like Cuse is becoming BC rather than UConn going away. Argue all you want but Cuse is not in a healthy spot right now in BB and FB no matter your conference. Time will tell. Btw.. the city of Syracuse is a real dump. Literally. GE turned Lake Onondaga into a cesspool. It's orange alright, in a radioactive, don't swim or fish there way.

Reaction Score
How have you done the last 3 years, as the reality of being in the AACK! Conference is settling in? You've lost 43 games in that time. Is Ollie's seat getting warm yet?

How has your recruiting been trending lately? I see you guys were pretty pumped about getting a top 100 guy recently. Congrats! Your days of elite recruiting are over, unless a P5 lifeline comes along before too much longer.

Soon, your hoops team will be on par with your football program.

That's what I see in my crystal ball, since you asked.

When JB leaves, we will still have an arena that seats over 30,000 and one of the most profitable athletic programs in the country. You will still be playing in a mid-major on-campus arena the size of the one we outgrew at the end of the 1970s. And you will play your "premier" marquee matchups against Cinci, Memphis and Temple in Hartford 40 minutes off campus.

Reaction Score

IMG_1002.PNG

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, Matt, Matt, Matt. SMH - Did you really just compare your decade long triple scandal of drugs, illegal player payments and academic fraud, to us having some guys struggle in school and transfer? Especially since your Natty* (such as it is) occurred while these violations were happening. That is just not a winning hand.

Astounded that 'cuse wasn't picked up in today's sweep, but as people go state's evidence I'm sure the list will expand.

Reaction Score
Lol, Matt, Matt, Matt. SMH - Did you really just compare your decade long triple scandal of drugs, illegal player payments and academic fraud, to us having some guys struggle in school and transfer? Especially since your Natty* (such as it is) occurred while these violations were happening. That is just not a winning hand.

Astounded that 'cuse wasn't picked up in today's sweep, but as people go state's evidence I'm sure the list will expand.

Can't be too astounded because they do have a couple high profile recruits on tape actually from what I heard but had no bites. Both had the same message to Gatto: "You ain't got enough coin for me to go there to play for that nose picker, not even close sorry dude"

Reaction Score

Your right, definitely should’ve got the death penalty for kids smoking weed (gasppppp) a tutor helping with ONE term paper for a kid from Brazil, and two players getting hundreds of dollars to work at the ymca. For having a microscope up the programs ass for 8 years I am pretty content with how that turned out. Clearly way worse than what happened today and DEFINITELY way worse than anything the holier than thou Uconn has ever done. You guys are a riot

C

Chief00

All you need to know about APR, is that one year Bama Football had a higher APR than Harvard Basketball. In terms of a true academic measure of a team, it’s completely meaningkess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom