Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident

Reaction Score
Agree with @Kembacity, this didn’t happen in a vacuum. It happened the day before their first game, the year after losing their first two “easy” games, to the player that’s supposed to be the teams leader. We all do stupid things. But this was a particularly stupid time to be doing them. And he should be apologizing to his team right now, not liking Tweets defending him.

It’s not the end of the world. But definitely a bad start.

Reaction Score
Not at all. I’ve posted about it before in detail. It’s silly I understand it’s a fashion statement and not an actual lifestyle thing. He is a kid who has been living in the woods in prep school and at storrs for years and seems like a decent kid who wants to become an nba player one day ..but he will definitely be asked about that 4hunnid crap at some point. It’s a clothing line from the rapper YG, yes. But it’s obvious where the influences for that clothing line come from if you know anything about that particular rapper. I’m not insinuating that Jalen is involved in anything bad. He just needs to be careful and not get distracted from his goals.
Basically Jalen should stay off Crenshaw Boulevard when it's packed and full of cars.

Reaction Score

Jalen liked this tweet. Not sure if it’s throwing Ollie under the bus but....

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Kids are morons.
Dammit. Ollie's future lies in the hands of morons. Just grrreat. Ollie must nip this in the bud right now.

***If I was a college kid with a scooter I would like the wind, too. Just sayin'.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Question...are these campus-issued scooters for these guys?

Reaction Score
But the thing is he knows that he's the face of this team and the season starts tomorrow. Yes he's a dumb kid like most of us we're but he needs to treat the season as sacred. Had he done this 3 weeks ago I'd roll my eyes and say damn kids, but this is more serious to me, and where I kind of agree with Rothstein. Stay out of trouble, make your coach look good, set a damn example for all of the new kids, a responsible example rather than the cool cat zooming around campus like a wild dog. As someone else said, he's driving an Audi... just drive slow in that thing around campus and be safe
What you are doing is perfectly fine. You aren't attacking his character you are just judging his actions. I agree with you that what he did was idiotic and he owes his teammates and coaches and apology. I was more so referencing the people calling him a "moron" or attacking him as a person. I only saw one such comment but it prompted me to comment what I commented.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Your best player doesn’t inherently have to be your leader. Forcing leadership is a bad thing. People on the football board were going crazy because Arkeel Newsome is the best player but wasn’t named a captain. So what? It’s good when your PG is a leader, but being a floor leader and a locker room/ off court lead are separate things. Christian Vital is the leader of this team as far as a vocal dude. Maybe JA grows into that? Bazz tried to force being a leader when he was a sophomore with (putting it gently) mixed results but of course by the end of his career he was one of the best leaders we’ve seen here.

Reaction Score
Hit and Run - which normally is considered a major vi

Might it be reduced to failure to leave name and address which is a less severe charge. I'm thinking they have to tag him with something.

The AP article said he ran into one of the moped friends he was racing.

Reaction Score
Your best player doesn’t inherently have to be your leader. Forcing leadership is a bad thing. People on the football board were going crazy because Arkeel Newsome is the best player but wasn’t named a captain. So what? It’s good when your PG is a leader, but being a floor leader and a locker room/ off court lead are separate things. Christian Vital is the leader of this team as far as a vocal dude. Maybe JA grows into that? Bazz tried to force being a leader when he was a sophomore with (putting it gently) mixed results but of course by the end of his career he was one of the best leaders we’ve seen here.
When he's your best player, by far your most experienced, and your point guard it's kind of a problem if he's not your leader.

Reaction Score
Obviously it's a moot point because it didn't happen, but it seems kind of strange to single out Jalen with all this criticism. Multiple posters have made points of seeing other players doing the same exact thing as Jalen. That doesn't excuse Jalen, but I wouldn't say he's any more or less responsible, or lacking in leadership than his teammates who do the same thing

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Jalen liked this tweet. Not sure if it’s throwing Ollie under the bus but....

The board took Jalen's side when he butted heads with Ollie during the '16 Temple game, I don't think anything has changed since then.

Reaction Score
UConn's community standards office is pretty tough. Racing, speeding and evading together could be serious. I would not be surprised if a non-athlete has been suspended or expelled for similar behavior. If so, it is going be hard for the university to minimize the internal punishment without getting sued by other parents.

The case in court will be continued several times and disposed of in the spring.

Thankfully, it is not news of a broken wrist or collarbone.

Reaction Score
I think the like has a lot more to do with the reports that were put out today stating he'd been "arrested" (the obvious implication being he was cuffed and taken into custody) when in fact that did not occur. If I were him, I'd be mad about that misreporting too. Today was probably a terrible day for him, completely by his own doing, so I'm not going to hold the tweets that he likes against him.

C

Chief00

This better not be foreshadowing.
It’s a big campus and major sport athletes have late day practice responsibilities others don’t have. Additionally, with WBB players there may be safety issues walking at night.

Reaction Score
The most interesting part of this thread to me is the fact that apparently everyone on this board has a story of almost being run down by a player on a scooter. I mean, this is basically the Tiger Woods story all over again, right? Outside the Lines will be interviewing Jim Ollie on the sidewalk by Monday.

You also have to love the hypocrisy of some posters here. First we say we want our leaders to be the first ones in the building every day and then we crush them for running a couple lights. Well, Jalen, you can endanger my life all you want if it helps us win basketball games.

Reaction Score
Deserves to be suspended for some or all of the first game. Will be a little perplexed if he starts. He's not the oldest on the team, but he should be setting the standard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom