Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident

Reaction Score
I witnessed a car hit KLS and Collier two years ago on a moped. Surprised nothing came out about it.
these mopeds have been an issue since my freshman year back in 2010. no idea why coaches haven't banned them yet.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
UConn police are actually pretty damn lackadaisical. UConn is the most weed-friendly campus in the country, and it takes a lot more to get kicked off campus in Storrs than most other schools. Adams was just being stupid here.
As someone who attended UConn as well as Chico State in California and lived on campus at Berkeley for a semester I can absolutely, without hesitation say that UConn is nowhere near the most weed friendly campus in the country.

Reaction Score
Have to sit him for at least a game. Due to his position on the team, I would go with 3. I say this without any details of the incident.

Reaction Score
Racing mopeds doesnt exactly sound like a big deal. Just shenanigans.

Boneyard lawyers: what does evading responsibility usually mean? Running?

Hit and Run - which normally is considered a major vi
I do a lot of criminal work (not in CT).
1st, he has been arrested.
Not convicted.
Yeah yeah, he probably did it, but I have plenty of cases come through the door where the guy is legitimately innocent.
Keep in mind that, if Jalen was stoned or drunk, then leaving the scene probably gave him the best legal result. Not offering moral guidance here, but "leaving the scene" when there is only property damage or no damage almost always carries less severe penalties than a DUI.
I live out in the sticks. If a guy trashes his car on the side of the road, drunk, all he has got to do is leave the scene for 2 hours and no blood/breath test will be admissible.
In my state any motorized vehicle on the road will get you a DUI. Have had plenty of 4-wheelers and such.

If nobody was hurt, I consider this minor and not news worthy.

Give the kid a bowl of JMAC, a slap on the wrist, and let him get back to life.

Might it be reduced to failure to leave name and address which is a less severe charge. I'm thinking they have to tag him with something.

Reaction Score
I don't get it. He crashed with a friend and both decided to leave. No one else was involved, no?...why is that a big deal? Seems cops are a bit overzealous and making a bigger deal out of a non issue than needs to be. Not sure why, after a stern talking, this is not just dropped..

C

Chief00

I think Alterique Gilbert has it in him to step up tomorrow and be a leader for this team, if Jalen is gonna be suspended. Larrier too.

Curious to see what happens. Personally hoping Adams will play. There are plenty of ways to punish the kid that don't also punish the entire team.

It does sound like Adams needs a bit of wake-up call though.

You can’t suspend him for practice before the game and then play him - that would be crazy!

Reaction Score
Kemba needs to give him a call and explain to him what being a leader means.

I would bet he plays tomorrows.

We all naturally want to see Jalen play but especially because all of the freshman, Ollie needs to make a statement. What would Jim Calhoun do? I'm guessing the punishment will involve loss of playing time. We can all say they're just kids and that's what kids do but kids need to learn there are consequences. If the players see just action by KO, this is a way to gain control and command respect. My heart says let him play but my head says that a statement of some kind needs to be made. I'll leave that to KO's judgement.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams needs to stay off Instagram, the whole "4hunnid" nonsense and focus on basketball if he has any hope of reaching the NBA. Really dumb especially a day before the first game of the year.

PS: Christian Vital is the most serious player and has the most leadership qualities on the team.

Reaction Score
I don't get it. He crashed with a friend and both decided to leave. No one else was involved, no?...why is that a big deal? Seems cops are a bit overzealous and making a bigger deal out of a non issue than needs to be. Not sure why, after a stern talking, this is not just dropped..
Probably because they are racing all over the heart of campus putting other people in danger and they left a wrecked bike in the middle of the road.

Reaction Score
Hit and Run - which normally is considered a major vi

Might it be reduced to failure to leave name and address which is a less severe charge. I'm thinking they have to tag him with something.

If anything he gets an infraction. My guess is the charge is nolled after community service or charitable contribution.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You can’t suspend him for practice before the game and then play him - that would be crazy!
yes you can
not that it makes a whole bunch of sense - but yes you can
after the whole UNC stuff, morality, to me in college bb, has been thrown out the door
may be stupid to think and rationalize that way but win at all costs seems to be..........................................................

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams needs to stay off Instagram, the whole "4hunnid" nonsense and focus on basketball if he has any hope of reaching the NBA. Really dumb especially a day before the first game of the year.

PS: Christian Vital is the most serious player and has the most leadership qualities on the team.
I've seen CV on those bikes many times recently from my perch in the soccer stands

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom