Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My friend and I were driving near gampel when Adams swerved in and out of our lane, he was driving with/racing Anderson. We were thankful he managed to get out of our way, since that collision could’ve meant something else for him. Suspend him for this game, and make him run until he pukes, kid needs to realize how stupid this is.

Reaction Score
I think Alterique Gilbert has it in him to step up tomorrow and be a leader for this team, if Jalen is gonna be suspended. Larrier too.

Curious to see what happens. Personally hoping Adams will play. There are plenty of ways to punish the kid that don't also punish the entire team.

It does sound like Adams needs a bit of wake-up call though.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen a single post here addressing the fact that the accident was with one of the guys on a moped that he was racing with, and not a vehicle driven by someone he didn't know.

Which makes all of this weird.

Where I live in New York, you're not required to call police in case of an accident or fender bender.

Leaving the scene of an accident should only apply if you hit someone you don't know and you try to get away.

Uh. No.

Reaction Score
Not true but they are lazy
Have you been to campuses in California, Oregon and Washington state?
Went to a few with my daughter and even the damn "athlete" dorms smelled like a smoke-a-thon
At ASU they were smoking on the roofs and porches
Felt like when I was in school - but that was in the 70s and I thought pot was now too expensive to be a legit party drug anymore but who am I to know - I'm al ole fart now

University of Colorado also well known for their weed friendly culture.

Reaction Score
The thing I don't get, will there be punishment for the other players racing? It is not a crime to crash. If someone else helped him "escape responsibility" wouldn't they deserve some sort of punishment?

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
They are mopeds and a lot of the players have them. Some women's basketball players have them too.

Those scooters should all be collected and burned tonight at a mass campus ritual to cleanse both teams of further stupidity. Chief should conduct the ritual of course.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The thing I don't get, will there be punishment for the other players racing? It is not a crime to crash. If someone else helped him "escape responsibility" wouldn't they deserve some sort of punishment?
Leaving the moped in the middle of the street, creating a hazard, is the problem. Had he stayed there he might have gotten a verbal warning.

Reaction Score

This quote reads to me like Ollie is planning on keeping Adams out. We'll see.

Reaction Score
My guess is that KO is going to make a decision tomorrow after consultation with AD and President. Tough decision in that it does sound like dumb adolescent stuff we are all guilty of - not really harmful, but nonetheless, stupid. Yet it did involve the police and requires him to go to court. I could make a case for a one game suspension or not, but my guess is that he will be suspended for a game or two. There may be specific language in athletic team rules that tie KOs hands. If I am an impartial university president, I would say brief suspension and be thankful it didn't happen before a more important game. JMHO.

If non student-athletes are allowed to ride scooters and have been involved in accidents, then there should be no punishment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Guy left scene of an accident. If he stuck around he would have received an infraction ticket. Not sure what the Cop was supposed to do.
Meh, he left the scene of a scooter accident in which no one was injured. That's not a legal defense, but in the real world...
mckayla-notimpressed1.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom