Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident

Reaction Score
Update to come from Ollie in under 30 minutes whether he plays or not tomorrow.

Reaction Score
He probably doesn't even have to be there as long as his lawyer shows. His lawyer will ask for a continuance and that will be that. Probably will pay fine and be done with it

Never pay a fine for a misdemeanor as it becomes a conviction. Either try to get it subbed to an infraction and pay an infraction fine or try to get an offer to pay a charitable donation in exchange for a nolle.

Reaction Score
Update to come from Ollie in under 30 minutes whether he plays or not tomorrow.

If I had to guess, he's not going to play tomorrow. UConn has a culture they have to follow regardless of the player. Ollie has sat players before for missing a curfew.

Reaction Score
Could be worse. Hopefully its only a 2-3 game suspension. This could benefit us though looking at the positive side. The other players will HAVE to step up now, could be great or shoot us in the foot.

Reaction Score
Ah. Shucks. Never talk to the police if you're even remotely capable of being charged. Never.
Racing can be a crime as well. Not sure whether they were on a street or what . . .

Next... "Witnesses on scene said the four men were racing while heading south on Hillside Road near the intersection with Gilbert Road" (Essentially the center of campus right past Gampel)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He probably doesn't even have to be there as long as his lawyer shows. His lawyer will ask for a continuance and that will be that. Probably will pay fine and be done with it
Maybe slick Rick P can arrange the fine payment for JA

Reaction Score
Next... "Witnesses on scene said the four men were racing while heading south on Hillside Road near the intersection with Gilbert Road" (Essentially the center of campus right past Gampel)

Scratch my suspend for a half. He should get at least a game. Got to be kidding me with this garbage, he should know better.

Reaction Score
Anybody have a photo of the type of "scooters" the kids are all driving around like dicks on? I didn't consider myself that old but I can't picture this

Reaction Score
Anybody have a photo of the type of "scooters" the kids are all driving around like dicks on? I didn't consider myself that old but I can't picture this
They are mopeds and a lot of the players have them. Some women's basketball players have them too.

Reaction Score
We saw them driving kinda fast near Teds in September when my son was up there for a student visit. Adams and Vitale were the two we recognized. So this has been going on for a while

Reaction Score
I graduated from UConn in 2014 and mopeds were hugely popular with students. I imagine that is still the case.

Wouldn't mind if KO pulled a Coach K. here and let it slide...

Reaction Score
FWIW he should be able to push the court date if need be. I think the bigger issue is what Ollie does with him.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I do a lot of criminal work (not in CT).
1st, he has been arrested.
Not convicted.
Yeah yeah, he probably did it, but I have plenty of cases come through the door where the guy is legitimately innocent.
Keep in mind that, if Jalen was stoned or drunk, then leaving the scene probably gave him the best legal result. Not offering moral guidance here, but "leaving the scene" when there is only property damage or no damage almost always carries less severe penalties than a DUI.
I live out in the sticks. If a guy trashes his car on the side of the road, drunk, all he has got to do is leave the scene for 2 hours and no blood/breath test will be admissible.
In my state any motorized vehicle on the road will get you a DUI. Have had plenty of 4-wheelers and such.

If nobody was hurt, I consider this minor and not news worthy.

Give the kid a bowl of JMAC, a slap on the wrist, and let him get back to life.
He ought to use the teddy Kennedy defense

Reaction Score
Obviously not good judgement by Adams but the UConn police have always been cowboys. I hope he doesn’t get held out for more than one half of a game at most.

Reaction Score
Obviously not good judgement by Adams but the UConn police have always been cowboys. I hope he doesn’t get held out for more than one half of a game at most.
UConn police are actually pretty damn lackadaisical. UConn is the most weed-friendly campus in the country, and it takes a lot more to get kicked off campus in Storrs than most other schools. Adams was just being stupid here.

Reaction Score
It's not smart, sure.
I did a loooooot of really dumb stuff when I was young. "Scooter Racing" would have not made my top 50, truth be told.
They're kids, ultimately.
Give 'em a stern talkin' to, get the prelim continued, suspend him from a couple of important practices, bring him in off the bench at the first whistle in the next game, and let's call it even.

With the amount that UConn has been punished for fabricated, ex post facto NCAA trash rules, we absolutely should go easy on ours.
This is not a quintessential question of good or evil we're discussing here. Scooters. Kids.

Basic.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
UConn police are actually pretty damn lackadaisical. UConn is the most weed-friendly campus in the country, and it takes a lot more to get kicked off campus in Storrs than most other schools. Adams was just being stupid here.
UConn is absolutely not the "most weed friendly campus in the country" trust me I have firsthand experience with this.

Reaction Score

Guy left scene of an accident. If he stuck around he would have received an infraction ticket. Not sure what the Cop was supposed to do.

Reaction Score
UConn is absolutely not the "most weed friendly campus in the country" trust me I have firsthand experience with this.
I read that in an article a couple years back. Anyone can have a bad RA, but it’s definitely not too harsh.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I read that in an article a couple years back. Anyone can have a bad RA, but it’s definitely not too harsh.
wasn't an RA issue-in that sense yes it is lax, but uconn police don't see it that way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom