Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident

Reaction Score
Good lord if we can’t beat Colgate with or without Adams we really need to consider whether it even makes sense to have a basketball team! I mean really. It’s Colgate not Duke or UNC. We should win handily and Adams should learn a lesson at the same time.
Nobody should be surprised if it's a close game or we lose to Colgate, with or without Adams.

Reaction Score
I like Polley - hopefully this will be a nice confidence boost for him!

Reaction Score
I don't mind Vital coming off the bench for the early part of the season.

Anderson provides a veteran presence on the court.

Reaction Score
Really no middle ground here. This will either turn out to be the best thing for the team (opportunity for role players to step up and for Adams to learn a valuable lesson and light a fire under him) or the worst thing (another horrific opening loss which could lead to another miserable year and the heat turned up on your best player and coach in Game 1.)

Reaction Score
How do you know that’s not part of what he’s charged with?

Obviously this isn’t like running into your friend with a bicycle and going home because that’s not a misdemeanor. Unless it’s intentional.

Maybe the court sees it your way and throws it out but that would be very surprising.

Edit. It seems you’re under the impression that someone or something needs to be damaged. I’m not certain that’s the case. It sounds like he didn’t bother to see if anyone or anything else was injured but clearly i wasn’t there.

I think the fact he left the scooter in the middle of the road is what led to the charge. he dumped the scooter, created a dangerous situation, and then left. Sounds like evading responsibility to me.

It said debris was in the road.

The AP article reported that he ran into a friend. They all departed together.

Who could have been injured?

Reaction Score
It said debris was in the road.

The AP article reported that he ran into a friend. They all departed together.

Who could have been injured?
i don’t know why i bother.

If there was just small debris, maybe a piece hit a pedestrian. He wouldn’t know if immediately flees the scene.

It was reported as “witnesses removed large debris” from the road.

Nothing is large on a scooter. It’s likely they removed it. But you know what, there’s no point discussing it with you because you “know” what he “wasn’t” arrested for without apparently knowing the law.

The police were called, responded, and saw enough evidence to track them down and issue him a summons, he’s lucky he wasn’t charged with more after admitting he was racing.

Reaction Score
i don’t know why i bother.

If there was just small debris, maybe a piece hit a pedestrian. He wouldn’t know if immediately flees the scene.

It was reported as “witnesses removed large debris” from the road.

Nothing is large on a scooter. It’s likely they removed it. But you know what, there’s no point discussing it with you because you “know” what he “wasn’t” arrested for without apparently knowing the law.

The police were called, responded, and saw enough evidence to track them down and issue him a summons, he’s lucky he wasn’t charged with more after admitting he was racing.

You're the one one getting testy.

Jeez. Calm down. You're also the one speculating about all sorts of things (injuries to others).

The kid left with the friend he ran into.

Reaction Score
Goofing around is fine. Running from the scene of the accident is not. It's on the edge of serious. He turned an accident into a crime. Furthermore, did he think they would not track him down? He left his ride. I'm sure running was a quick decision. But it shows bad instincts.

C

Chief00

Goofing around is fine. Running from the scene of the accident is not. It's on the edge of serious. He turned an accident into a crime. Furthermore, did he think they would not track him down? He left his ride. I'm sure running was a quick decision. But it shows bad instincts.

Serious? A minor accident between 2 friends - no one hurt. Move on.

Reaction Score
It’s amazing how far ahead of the CT media I was on this one.
You are an amazing man Chief (you're a man, right?). Truly amazing. Everything you do is amazing. It's amazing the UConn hoops program can survive without your assistance, much less the fan base. Keep up your amazing work Chief, we're all amazed.

Reaction Score
You need an introduction to D1 basketball. How many games are you sitting the whole UNC team?
D1 basketball needs an introduction to reality. You do not run from the scene of an accident.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom