Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn police are actually pretty damn lackadaisical. UConn is the most weed-friendly campus in the country, and it takes a lot more to get kicked off campus in Storrs than most other schools. Adams was just being stupid here.
Not true but they are lazy
Have you been to campuses in California, Oregon and Washington state?
Went to a few with my daughter and even the damn "athlete" dorms smelled like a smoke-a-thon
At ASU they were smoking on the roofs and porches
Felt like when I was in school - but that was in the 70s and I thought pot was now too expensive to be a legit party drug anymore but who am I to know - I'm al ole fart now

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I work on campus... I am surprised there are not more scooter accidents on campus involving cars and/or pedestrians. It is pretty crazy during class change times. Unfortunately, the athletes on these things stick out like sore thumbs with their Nike UConn apparrel. In this case, the wrecked scooter was pretty much abandoned in the middle of the road.

Reaction Score
I can see Ollie not playing him unless we absolutely need him in the first game. If the team doesn't need him then he'll keep him on the bench the whole game but wont formally suspend him.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
My guess is that KO is going to make a decision tomorrow after consultation with AD and President. Tough decision in that it does sound like dumb adolescent stuff we are all guilty of - not really harmful, but nonetheless, stupid. Yet it did involve the police and requires him to go to court. I could make a case for a one game suspension or not, but my guess is that he will be suspended for a game or two. There may be specific language in athletic team rules that tie KOs hands. If I am an impartial university president, I would say brief suspension and be thankful it didn't happen before a more important game. JMHO.

Reaction Score
Agreed they drive like idiots on them all over the place. Watched Anderson almost take someone out near the Union the other day

Anderson is one of the worst. Williams, too. They need to understand these things aren't toys.

Reaction Score
Not a big deal and Jalen is a good guy, he's also not Kemba or Shabazz which some on the board think he is.

Reaction Score
If he was held out of today's practice I can't see him starting tomorrow and he might not even play.

Punishment for stupidity

Reaction Score
Dumb mistake. My bet would be he plays tomorrow but doesn't start.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

If were suspended tomorrow why not just come out and say it?

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
I got “arrested” for evading responsibility at UConn years ago, went to court, got a stern talking to.

Nothing to see here...

Reaction Score
This is what I'm thinking as well.

If were suspended tomorrow why not just come out and say it?
Could be making em' sweat, pretty effective with young'uns.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
If this is anything more than not starting tomorrow I will be absolutely stunned

Reaction Score
Haven't seen a single post here addressing the fact that the accident was with one of the guys on a moped that he was racing with, and not a vehicle driven by someone he didn't know.

Which makes all of this weird.

Where I live in New York, you're not required to call police in case of an accident or fender bender.

Leaving the scene of an accident should only apply if you hit someone you don't know and you try to get away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom