Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident

Reaction Score
Was on Hillside Ave late this summer and had 2 hoop players on mopeds go by on each side of my vehicle as we were approaching the stop sign by Alumni dorms. Thought that these guys were not to sharp but that is the way I would have been at their age. I am glad Jalen did not get a severe injury. Ban those things Coach.

Reaction Score
This is a nothing charge. Prosecutor will probably offer plea to creating public disturbance which is an infraction and pay a fine.

Sit him first half and only play him in second half if we are in jeopardy of losing.

Reaction Score
Leaving the moped in the middle of the street, creating a hazard, is the problem. Had he stayed there he might have gotten a verbal warning.
That's the key. Maturity or Responsibility choose your word, he didn't display good judgement. The issue I don't think is the moped or the stupid racing, I believe its the evading responsibility (simply removing the bike from the road and perhaps apologizing). By walking\running away it adds a 'trying to get over' element but he got caught.

Ollie is also a parent and knows something about correcting behaviors or lesson teaching. Basketball is not the important issue but having Jalen understand that as an adult there will be consequences for bad behavior. And he is an adult looking to have an extended NBA career.

One game suspension is reasonable and hopefully Jalen will have learned something by this. Hopefully it will be a valuable teaching moment especially if he's on the bench due to his own actions and unable to support the team on the floor.

By the way as an adult if he wants to race mopeds and jeopardize his basketball future he's free to do so.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This incident doesn't make Adams a bad person or bad leader, but it is bad judgement as he could be hurt and jeopardize his basketball career. That said, he is a college student and kids will be kids. We all did reckless things in college, but we didn't have to live in the spotlight like high profile college basketball players. I'll bet he understands his mistake and he will learn from it and it will make him a better person and better leader.

Reaction Score
Why would you flee the scene in this scenario? Was the crash so bad that the scooter was no longer operable? If that's the case then thank god he wasn't hurt because it could have been a serious injury...or was he impaired and fled a more serious infraction? Both very serious - he should be suspended tomorrow to send a message. Cut the bull if you really are re-building this program.

Reaction Score
Why would you flee the scene in this scenario? Was the crash so bad that the scooter was no longer operable? If that's the case then thank god he wasn't hurt because it could have been a serious injury...or was he impaired and fled a more serious infraction? Both very serious - he should be suspended tomorrow to send a message. Cut the bull if you really are re-building this program.
lol or he was just in shock and panicked

Reaction Score
you gotta be dumb to leave the scooter. if it was operable you take it with you and no one ever finds out about this
scared people do stupid things. not to mention, "inoperable" could be something as stupid as a blown tire

Reaction Score
Reading quotes and following some of the player social media activity I get the impression that its not that big of a deal. Suspended from practice? Really? How is that even a punishment?

Reaction Score
What coach? You told me to practice diving the lane. I was out of my lane, but I won't let that happen again!

Lol I think you suspend him a game and he learns there are consequences for being stupid.

Reaction Score
What you're insinuating here is pretty sad.

Not at all. I’ve posted about it before in detail. It’s silly I understand it’s a fashion statement and not an actual lifestyle thing. He is a kid who has been living in the woods in prep school and at storrs for years and seems like a decent kid who wants to become an nba player one day ..but he will definitely be asked about that 4hunnid crap at some point. It’s a clothing line from the rapper YG, yes. But it’s obvious where the influences for that clothing line come from if you know anything about that particular rapper. I’m not insinuating that Jalen is involved in anything bad. He just needs to be careful and not get distracted from his goals.

Reaction Score
I'd caution people to not go as far as to question his character. We've all done dumb things, we just arent in the spotlight like he is. Give the kid a break. Let's just hope he can play tommorw

But the thing is he knows that he's the face of this team and the season starts tomorrow. Yes he's a dumb kid like most of us we're but he needs to treat the season as sacred. Had he done this 3 weeks ago I'd roll my eyes and say damn kids, but this is more serious to me, and where I kind of agree with Rothstein. Stay out of trouble, make your coach look good, set a damn example for all of the new kids, a responsible example rather than the cool cat zooming around campus like a wild dog. As someone else said, he's driving an Audi... just drive slow in that thing around campus and be safe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom