Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Jalen Arrested for Scooter Accident

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nine pages and nary a Sinéad O'Connor or fat girl reference.

Damn I'm old.
Hey 88! Where have you been? Seems like you hardly post anymore.

(Yes you are old.)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I just responded to David Benedict's tweet about tonight's game. He liked the tweet.

I like this guy.
Screenshot_20171110-092055.png

Reaction Score
The idea that at age 79 I find my happiness attached to the antics of some hare-brained kid on a scooter leaves me appalled. Jalen can go pout in some corner. I love the backcourt of Gilbert and Vital. If this team is to have any leadership, these two is where it will come from. In any case, this team's future is not this year; it is next year, presumably without Jalen. The sooner we put together next year's starting lineup, the better.

Well don't get crazy now Sphinx this team will be last year or worst without Jalen. Let's keep the hope up and allow him this minor error in judgement and let him back in!

Reaction Score
It is illegal to drive these on the road without plates? Is that why he took off?

Reaction Score
It is illegal to drive these on the road without plates? Is that why he took off?

As long as its less than 50cc's you can legally drive on road without plates, or motorcycle licenses, Still need driver licenses.

Reaction Score

A summons is equivalent to an arrest. The difference is that, instead of being taken in and processed at that point, you get the summons on the scene and are told to report to court on a specific future date. In both scenarios, Jalen has criminal case pending in the system.

Reaction Score
It's semantics? Can someone answer this. Is a Summons an arrest?

Yes. I can. A summons is an arrest. It is not custodial but it is an arrest nonetheless. I work in the criminal field.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The incredibly overpaid UConn public safety machine makes it hard for me to GAS when the school starts crying poverty.

Reaction Score
Racing mopeds doesnt exactly sound like a big deal. Just shenanigans.

Boneyard lawyers: what does evading responsibility usually mean? Running?
Stupid to let these kids drive scooters or motorcycles, they have ended many a career.

BTW, I have no problem is KO suspends him.

Reaction Score
I'll say this again: this would not happen in many parts of the country. Not where I live in New York. I drive my kids to school everyday and watch the wackiest drivers on a busy road en route. Accidents all the time. Police never to be seen. I have been in 2 over the last 9 years--the drivers make the agreement as to how it will be handled. The only time I called police for an incident (an RV pulling into the zoo parking lot drove OVER the side of my parked car on the street as I was playing hoops across the road) they arrived 50 minutes later and advised me not to call them in the future in case of incidents like that!

This is why I am not at all bothered by Adams' actions. Being from another state, did he even know the law? If I behaved in Connecticut as it is a matter of course where I live, I'd be summoned too. He hit his friend's scooter. Unless his friend is making a big deal, I can't see how he would think it is wrong to leave.

Reaction Score
I'll say this again: this would not happen in many parts of the country. Not where I live in New York. I drive my kids to school everyday and watch the wackiest drivers on a busy road en route. Accidents all the time. Police never to be seen. I have been in 2 over the last 9 years--the drivers make the agreement as to how it will be handled. The only time I called police for an incident (an RV pulling into the zoo parking lot drove OVER the side of my parked car on the street as I was playing hoops across the road) they arrived 50 minutes later and advised me not to call them in the future in case of incidents like that!

This is why I am not at all bothered by Adams' actions. Being from another state, did he even know the law? If I behaved in Connecticut as it is a matter of course where I live, I'd be summoned too. He hit his friend's scooter. Unless his friend is making a big deal, I can't see how he would think it is wrong to leave.

You don't think it's wrong to leave the scooter in the middle of one of the busiest roads on campus and jump on the back of another scooter and take off? This isn't a capital offense in any stretch of the imagination but c'mon.

Reaction Score
You don't think it's wrong to leave the scooter in the middle of one of the busiest roads on campus and jump on the back of another scooter and take off? This isn't a capital offense in any stretch of the imagination but c'mon.

I didn't read that they left it in the middle of the road. Are you sure about that?

But to answer your question other than that: No, I don't find it wrong to leave an inoperable moped ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. It's better than pushing a busted up moped around. I'd make arrangements later, of course.

Reaction Score
When did the UConn police stop being "friends of the program"? When I was there in the late 90's the guys could get away with murder!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Suspend him so we can see what the team would look like without him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When did the UConn police stop being "friends of the program"? When I was there in the late 90's the guys could get away with murder!

When was it when Rashad Anderson got busted for having an plastic knife?

Reaction Score

My son’s car was hit after a Yard Goats game in front of an off duty cop directing traffic. He called for a cop. 3 hours later we were told to just go to your insurance companies, thecop would submit what he saw. Unless you are bleeding to death in Hartford you can’t get a cruiser at night.

Reaction Score
My son’s car was hit after a Yard Goats game in front of an off duty cop directing traffic. He called for a cop. 3 hours later we were told to just go to your insurance companies, thecop would submit what he saw. Unless you are bleeding to death in Hartford you can’t get a cruiser at night.

Precisely. And in this case, he hit a friend he was racing with. I just don't see that he did anything wrong--other than leaving a bike in the middle of the road, but I didn't read that in any article.

Reaction Score
FWIW friend of mine works for operations and while setting up for tonight he saw the uniform rack that only had Jalen’s home white remaining on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom