Jahmir Young to visit on Friday | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jahmir Young to visit on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
481DC023-66FE-4504-AA4C-6395DB189C72.gif

Reaction Score
I think Floyd leaving is more about who we are bringing in. Newton and most likely Castle. I guess he did't see a place where Hurley probably did coming off the bench. These guys even fringe top 100 think they can start wherever they go. It is the way college basketball is now.
I think we should temper expectations on Castle reclassifying. There is no evidence, I think, as others said, that video he posted may have just been a coincidence in timing.

Reaction Score
I would hope they never redshirt anyone again that can help that season. Yes, no way in the world Castle redshirts.
If Floyd played 7-10 min a game would he have left? Extra frustrating because DH said he could have helped

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Floyd was close to Diggins and didn’t like that Hurley was recruiting transfer guards over him.

Some of us here just have to come to grips that we’ve chosen to emotionally invest in a sport that is subject to the whims and emotions of teenagers.
I’ve come to the conclusion that most of the posters on the Boneyard have those same teenage whims and emotions.

Actually I’ve realized this for more than a couple of decades now.

Reaction Score
I think we should temper expectations on Castle reclassifying. There is no evidence, I think, as others said, that video he posted may have just been a coincidence in timing.

Don't think it was a coincidence in timing. He posted it on his Instagram 2 or 3 days before with a different caption. Luke was down in Indy at the AAU tourney pushing a reclass hard last weekend so lets hope it worked. We should hear soon

Reaction Score
Don't think it was a coincidence in timing. He posted it on his Instagram 2 or 3 days before with a different caption. Luke was down in Indy at the AAU tourney pushing a reclass hard last weekend so lets hope it worked. We should hear soon
That would be pretty unusual. It’s more common for a player to wait until the end of the summer to reclassify. This way they’re able to compete in the entire AAU season.

Reaction Score
That would be pretty unusual. It’s more common for a player to wait until the end of the summer to reclassify. This way they’re able to compete in the entire AAU season.
If he wants to actually play next year I don't think he can afford to wait till then.

Reaction Score
From what I've read, Newton is a great catch and shoot guy. He only has issues shooting the 3 off the bounce.

As bad as Hurleys offense can be, he gets his guards a ton of catch and shoot opportunities.
And with his dribble-drive abilities, he shouldn't have to take a lot of contested pull-up 3's late in the shot clock, should just get to the rim.

Reaction Score
Do you have any inside info? Not being snarky at all, genuinely curious, since you're the newly appointed board insider!

Reaction Score
The guys who are not here yet - great. Guys who are already here - disposable.

They’re self-soothing.

It will be fun to compare the "old" (pre-Diggins transfer) roster vs. the new roster once this all shakes out and assess whether the staff was successful in upgrading the talent level in the offseason.

Thus far, we've brought in one guy who averaged 18 points per game last year in college, while the four guys who left averaged...something less than that. And with more new players still to be added, it's honestly not even going to be close.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The guys who are not here yet - great. Guys who are already here - disposable.

They’re self-soothing.
For someone who has been on here forever and generally seems to have a good head on his shoulders this particular take just lacks so much nuance.

Say whatever you want, but we have not lost a single player who contributed at all to the team in 21-22.
Floyd could be a good piece in the future but that is TBD. Same with Diggins. Gaffney and Akok for whatever reason couldn't make it work with us. I wish them the best in their next stop.

Reaction Score
So, everyone is excited about getting one player from ECU in the AAC, and another from Charlotte in Conf USA?

Yes, each has decent stats, But can they play well in the NBE? Only time will tell.....if they do in fact wind up here.

Reaction Score
So, everyone is excited about getting one player from ECU in the AAC, and another from Charlotte in Conf USA?

Yes, each has decent stats, But can they play well in the NBE? Only time will tell.....if they do in fact wind up here.
I can’t believe this is a still such a common take on here. Our best player from last year was a 6ft tall transfer from HOWARD.

Reaction Score

Cole went from Howard to 1st team All Big East and yes, I realize he'll largely be the exception than the rule. It's not 2004 anymore, the gap between low/mid majors and the big boys is not what it used to be. Hell, Newton dropped 25 on us two years ago.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
For someone who has been on here forever and generally seems to have a good head on his shoulders this particular take just lacks so much nuance.

Say whatever you want, but we have not lost a single player who contributed at all to the team in 21-22.
Floyd could be a good piece in the future but that is TBD. Same with Diggins. Gaffney and Akok for whatever reason couldn't make it work with us. I wish them the best in their next stop.
I think he was just making a general statement on how the boneyard views recruits. When a high school player commits (especially a guard) we immediately start comparing his style of play to Ray, Rip, Ben, etc…all-time college greats. Then when they arrive freshman year and (obviously) don’t perform up to those lofty expectations, the yard shifts focus to different targets, thinking “now this guy would really be incredible!”

Reaction Score
I can’t believe this is a still such a common take on here. Our best player from last year was a 6ft tall transfer from HOWARD.
It's incredibly lazy, Cole from Howard was our most important player and 1st team Big East and our 3rd best player was a transfer from URI...

I'm bummed Floyd is leaving, I liked what I saw from him in high school and AAU and the coaching staff hyped him some. That's the only one the staff wasn't expecting or didn't play a role in. Gaffney is a really nice guy but was unplayable. Diggins seems to be a whiff, Hurley didn't think he was playable last year and he's going to a step lower in college. Akok never developed his game at all outside of a nice looking three point stroke and blocking some shots, maybe would've been different without the injury...Newton is a really good player who has proven it against some really good teams. We need to add a couple of other really good players and fill out the roster around our core.

It looks bad from the outside when you see all these transfers but it shouldn't look bad to any people who really watched the team or follow college basketball in 2022. If any of Sanogo, Hawkins, Jackson, Samson, Karaban, Clingan leave or the staff doesn't fill out the rest of the roster with players who fit/belong here then we should all be upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom