Jahmir Young to visit on Friday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jahmir Young to visit on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hypothetically speaking, is there room for both Newton and Young though?
I'm sure Hurley would take both, but I don't think we could guarantee both of them a starting spot and that may be a sticking point, unless we want to go pretty small with Jackson at the 4.

Reaction Score
Unless Castle reclasses and is promised a starting spot, yes. The lineup would likely be Newton/Young/Hawkins/Jackson/Sanogo
That starting lineup, with Castle backing up the 1-3, Karaban getting minutes at the 3/4, and Johnson and Clingan in the frontcourt would be a pretty solid roster.

Reaction Score
From a fan perspective, yes there's room. I'm not sure if those two really want to share the ball that much though. Hawkins still needs his touches too. Assuming we get Newton, we need a couple of good guys that can shoot and defend, but they don't need to be 15-20ppg guys like Young.

Reaction Score
Hey Gaff, I hate to say it but

6d5ae4e81838fdabc6dc4e62a3d7cbc9.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm sure Hurley would take both, but I don't think we could guarantee both of them a starting spot and that may be a sticking point, unless we want to go pretty small with Jackson at the 4.
In which case, good luck keeping SJ here.

Reaction Score
We have one guard on the team and zero point guards, there's room for 4 guards.

Well, now we have 2 guards with Newton making it official.

Reaction Score
That starting lineup, with Castle backing up the 1-3, Karaban getting minutes at the 3/4, and Johnson and Clingan in the frontcourt would be a pretty solid roster.
We'd probably still need to pick up another guards just incase of an injury. But it would be someone who is a project and not guaranteed anymore than like 5 minutes a game. I doubt we could convince a BE caliber guard to come ride the pine since apparently every player in the country thinks they deserve to be a starter

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've just accepted that fact that we're a cursed program now. We sold our soul for 2011 and 2014. Now we're paying for it
Do you have any idea as to how many fan bases there are that would give their eye teeth to be cursed the way we are?

Nationally I imagine that there are maybe a dozen that wouldn't.

Reaction Score
In which case, good luck keeping SJ here.
There's tons of playing time for everyone, why is playing time an issue only at UConn? Trevion Williams was first team Big 10 and came off the bench, there's studs all over coming off the bench. There's no set minutes for you whether you start or don't start.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
There's tons of playing time for everyone, why is playing time an issue only at UConn? Trevion Williams was first team Big 10 and came off the bench, there's studs all over coming off the bench. There's no set minutes for you whether you start or don't start.
There is. It would be helpful if some of it actually went to the guys we recruited. I expect Johnson, not Clingan, to get most of the backup 5 minutes. He's actually a prototype 5 in Hurley's system if he can put on some muscle. But he's also a much better option at the 4 than Jackson or a freshman who is more of a wing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wonder if Young and Newton were one of those “first guy to say yes gets it“ deals? Not that we couldn’t take them both, we definitely could, but they each may have been looking for the starting spot.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Young and Newton were one of those “first guy to say yes gets it“ deals? Not that we couldn’t take them both, we definitely could, but they each may have been looking for the starting spot.
I'm pretty sure staff has known Newton was done so that doesn't really make sense. Definitely super strange things changed that quickly though.

Reaction Score
There are 2 starting guard spots open though. Newton/Transfer/Hawkins/Jackson/Sanogo is our starting lineup

Reaction Score
immediate pt on a legit team. I have no idea who this kid is, but if he's a guard and we offer.... he should sign. If DH cant sign a player he targets under these circumstances then we should have some questions/concerns

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
There are 2 starting guard spots open though. Newton/Transfer/Hawkins/Jackson/Sanogo is our starting lineup
Disagree. Hawkins is the other starting guard. Jackson is a 3 or a 1. But we'll never agree on this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Castle, if he reclasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits