Jahmir Young to visit on Friday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jahmir Young to visit on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
if hurley brings in newton and young, plus another guy (castle reclass??) the mood on this board would shift significantly.
I've been on some iteration of this board for nearly two decades and one absolute is that the mood on this board will shift every time the wind changes direction.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
I would much rather have 4 years of Corey Floyd Jr. than 1-2 years of an undersized mid-major transfer who is an unproven scorer vs. good teams.

But I guess I’ll have to trust the staff.
i was hopeful to see Floyd play next year but if doesn't want to be a Husky, i'd gladly take Young and move on

Reaction Score
So lets say we sign newton and young (Would be awesome, I understand its not a lock). What is our minutes breakdown Newton/young/hawkins/jackson/sanogo as starters with 30 minutes each and then karaban/castle/clingan/johnson with 15/15/10/10 a game?

Reaction Score
So lets say we sign newton and young (Would be awesome, I understand its not a lock). What is our minutes breakdown Newton/young/hawkins/jackson/sanogo as starters with 30 minutes each and then karaban/castle/clingan/johnson with 15/15/10/10 a game?
Probably pretty close to that yeah. I'd feel really good about that roster. Basically a total refresh from last years team which we desperately needed. A ton of high ceiling guys and multiple guards that can create offense. If that is Hurley's vision then I'm sold

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Rothstein isn't the type of guy that would get duped, especially since he was first with the news. If that Stockrisers kid had it first I would be a little skeptical, but I trust Rothstein. We know that he is super well connected to Hurley and the program, it makes sense that Hurley told him to shush about it for optics reasons

Looks like you’re not as good at being a Twitter detective as you think

Just messing with you. That is usually how it goes but yeah, can’t count on a win right now for UConn.

Reaction Score

Looks like you’re not as good at being a Twitter detective as you think

I mean Rothsteins tweet said that Young told him he was visiting UConn...It came straight from the mouth of the player

Reaction Score
I've just accepted that fact that we're a cursed program now. We sold our soul for 2011 and 2014. Now we're paying for it

Reaction Score
I've just accepted that fact that we're a cursed program now. We sold our soul for 2011 and 2014. Now we're paying for it
You realize, of course, that at this point, there are many hundreds (thousand?) of kids in the portal and very few of them have landed anywhere, so virtually all programs are in the position we are right now.

Reaction Score
Hypothetically speaking, is there room for both Newton and Young though?
Unless Castle reclasses and is promised a starting spot, yes. The lineup would likely be Newton/Young/Hawkins/Jackson/Sanogo

Reaction Score
Hypothetically speaking, is there room for both Newton and Young though?
Right now the answer to any question that starts with are there minutes for X is yes. Until we have 2 guys commit there's room for anyone without worry*

*Of course not a 5 but we haven't reached out to any so I'm discounting that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin