Italian point guard visiting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Italian point guard visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Pretty sure hes talking about the restaurant Goodfellas in New Haven. That restaurant can sell anybody whether they are Italian or not.
Yes that's what I thought he was talking about. I'm not a fan.

Reaction Score
Doubtful an Italian would be impressed with American pizza.

To the contrary. Pepe's and Sally's impressed Italian friends. Last month I was in Rome and ate at the best pizza place (according to the locals who puts us up). A place called Dar Poeta in Trastevere. Pepe more than competed with it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
To the contrary. Pepe's and Sally's impressed Italian friends. Last month I was in Rome and ate at the best pizza place (according to the locals who puts us up). A place called Dar Poeta in Trastevere. Pepe more than competed with it.

Dang, imagine if they had tried Modern's. Might never have left.

Reaction Score
Especially if it's not New Haven style American pizza.

Italy has as many different styles as the USA. When you buy pizza by the kilo you are buying squares, something that looks and tastes like Greek pizza. This is the most common pizza that Italians eat. In most restaurants though, your pizza might be similar to Modern pizza. Obviously Pepe's is similar to pizza from Napoli, but in Sicily, you do get the thick breaded pizza with a lot of vegetables.

Reaction Score
If we get this kid we would have 5 guards, does this mean a 3 guard offence.

They're probably gonna run a lot of 3 guard offense with only 4 guards. So yeah, this kid would fit right in. Especially given he's got somewhat of a shot.

Plus, they really need another backup PG because you can't bank on perfect health from AG at this point.

It would definitely make it easier to play with 3 guards with JA AG CV, knowing we have those two others on the bench. Safety net at the very least.

Reaction Score
You can have new Haven pizza. I'll take a Chicago deep dish pizza from Gino's East.

Reaction Score
So, before we totally derail this train, has he committed or do Ollie and his staff still suck?

The thread was derailed by pizza talk.

I would have bet money it was going to turn into a beer thread.

I'm surprised.

Reaction Score
Italian beer is piss water

U think they don't say that about Bud or Miller?

There are a lot of good Italian beers. I recently tried them.

del Ducato is one very good one.

pj

Reaction Score
Chianti talk!

Anyone had a Connecticut Pinot Grigio?

Reaction Score
Italy has as many different styles as the USA. When you buy pizza by the kilo you are buying squares, something that looks and tastes like Greek pizza. This is the most common pizza that Italians eat. In most restaurants though, your pizza might be similar to Modern pizza. Obviously Pepe's is similar to pizza from Napoli, but in Sicily, you do get the thick breaded pizza with a lot of vegetables.
I ate pizza all over Italy and while good it wasn't anything special. Napoli pizza isn't as good as New Haven pizza.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I so hope we get this kid. Just thinking of adding spumoni to the mojo is exciting, no?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You can have new Haven pizza. I'll take a Chicago deep dish pizza from Gino's East.

Gino's East is the McDonald's of Chicago .
Giordano's is much better as is
Lou Malnati's.

Reaction Score
Gino's East is the McDonald's of Chicago .
Giordano's is much better as is
Lou Malnati's.

I'm a native Chicagoan and I'll say that locals don't have this impression. There's a reason Gino's is the best known. It's excellent if you like this style of pizza and Giordano's is very good as well. I've never been a fan of Malnati's although I know several who are. I've had it only twice, over cooked both time and haven't been back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom