Italian point guard visiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Italian point guard visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure how much of a role this will play, but UConn's the only Nike school among the four (Indiana is Adidas and Texas Tech, Utah are Under Armour). Only caught my eye because he calls himself a Nike athlete on both his Twitter and Instagram.

Reaction Score
Something is wrong here. He was reported to have made 61 out of 162 3's (38%), but shot 100% on the video. Is this fake news? Nice pure shooter. Listed at 6'3", but also listed at 1.88 meters = 6'1". Slender, may have trouble with stronger defenders. Nice floater and pretty good vision/passer. Listed as both an SG and a PG. Looks like he could be a contributor if he has the physical tools to play at this level.

1.88 m x 39.3701 = 74.0157 in = 6-2

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Not sure how much of a role this will play, but UConn's the only Nike school among the four (Indiana is Adidas and Texas Tech, Utah are Under Armour). Only caught my eye because he calls himself a Nike athlete on both his Twitter and Instagram.

Would have to think it has some bearing. I wonder how that works that he considers himself a "Nike" athlete.

Reaction Score
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KLGOIfrsbkQ&ved=0ahUKEwib3ZeKzJXUAhUk34MKHZ4cDt8Qt9IBCGcwEQ&usg=AFQjCNHdokjJ1MuKKjYPQelgZxn30267RQ&sig2=GfhwqTsrPWSQL-bFYF9svw

Looking at this from a year ago, it seems like he's put on some good weight recently. I think he's already 19.. would be an old freshman

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...u9BP13ViwoxmpLcgA&sig2=HDam-BGpKLkj3D-4U9Xjmg

Looks like he played a bit more point in the u20 games. Only 16 mins a game, but 2 assists and steals per game looks ok. I loved that split in the pick and roll to start the video. It was sloppy but that's really hard to do. You can also see his shooting stretch the floor. Also allows his pump fake to open up for his floater. I like him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks to me like Chill is the one guy on the staff that follows him on twitter, guessing he's taking the lead on this one.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
When he comes and sits down to talk, make sure a couple of Pepes pizza's are on the table. I agree with Fishy on this one. Geno does need to get involved. Bring in his family also. Get that home cooking thing going. Actually I think his family is in Jersey.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm shaking my head at all the pizza comments. I do think that a strategic walk by Geno, who as an Italian native is a fluent speaker couldn't hurt.

"Se hai bisogno di qualcosa si senta libero di chiedere."

Reaction Score
He looks like he's got a little Doron Sheffer in his game, but seems to have some more quickness off the dribble. Not saying he will be another Doron, but he's got that kind of craftiness to his game. Needs to add some muscle to his frame!

Reaction Score
If it comes down to the best Italian food UConn has the lead by a mile over the over schools

Reaction Score
I would take this kid over MAL every day of the week and twice on Sunday

I would cool it. MAL lead an undefeated team in the best hs basketball division in the world.

Both players have great potential, but the Italian is clearly more of an unknown. With 3 strong guards in the roster and 1 backup in Anderson, I think taking a high risk high reward player is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom