If you want to get rid of Ollie | Page 4 | The Boneyard

If you want to get rid of Ollie

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong they aren't flush with cash like some P5 schools but if they want to make this move they can

If it’s 10MM they can’t do squadoosh.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Alright all I'm gunna say is the idea that Ollie doesn't care about how things are going is dumb. Obviously he cares. Can he turn it around? I don't know, I sure hope so. But the idea that he doesn't care that we got killed on national TV is dumb.

Reaction Score
Have they been documenting all his behavior? Could get ugly.
I hope they have. Maybe Ollie doesn't sue if he wants to keep his public image intact. That kind of sounds like blackmail though lol

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I hope they have. Maybe Ollie doesn't sue if he wants to keep his public image intact. That kind of sounds like blackmail though lol
That won't happen, let's get it out of our heads right now. What you guys are theorizing would be disastrous for all parties involved.

Reaction Score
That won't happen, let's get it out of our heads right now. What you guys are theorizing would be disastrous for all parties involved.
You can't really fire him now based on anything that's happened in the past. What you can do is keep a record and if something else happens, use that as cause with past transgressions as a pattern of behavior. That's if everything is documented.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
What Calhoun's buyout from the St Joseph contract?

gotta pay that as well.....Head bang

Reaction Score
The problem with the scenario you posited is that you are referencing The Rent and the toxic football program.

College football is fundamentally 100% not culturally relevant in the northeast. Yes we had some gritty old timer fans with beards and the "tailgating look" at the Rent in the past but they are outliers. College football isn't relevant to the northeasterners psyche because high school football is also secondary in most communities. Compare this with the south and Midwest where both are community cornerstones and you realize why we are not only in a cultural CFB wasteland but also in the heart of CFB recruiting wasteland. We will NEVER be big time in football, it's simply not going to happen. You need to take college football out of your lens of UConn Men's basketball's future trajectory and fan satisfaction. We can press forward and improve with OR without college football, but you can't use one to compare the health of the other in my opinion for the reasons stated.
It's apathy. It's encompassing the whole athletic program. Bury your head in the sand if you want. We are not far removed from 2 national titles in mens basketball and it's empty seats galore.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
It's apathy. It's encompassing the whole athletic program. Bury your head in the sand if you want. We are not far removed from 2 national titles in mens basketball and it's empty seats galore.
I am the opposite of burying my head in the sand my friend. WOKE.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Seriously. This is Connecticut.

You want $10M to materialize out of thin air, when they still are $7M short of paying for the basketball practice facility?

If the buyout is $10M it simply isn't going to happen just because you say you want it to.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
You want $10M to materialize out of thin air, when they still are $7M short of paying for the basketball practice facility?

If the buyout is $10M it simply isn't going to happen just because you say you want it to.
The practice facility was set to be appropriated with private funds, it's not really a "broke school/state" issue yet to my understanding. Also it's $10M (theoretically), this is a big business. You don't tank everything just because of a large fee, you pay it and make it work down the line. $10M won't be the reason for UConn bball' continued decline if it comes to that, believe me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We have our answer on Ollie, our only hope is to come up with whatever money is needed and get rid of him before more damage is done.
That ain't gonna happen. We just sold our soul for a couple of bucks to help buyout the football coach.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The practice facility was set to be appropriated with private funds, it's not really a "broke school/state" issue yet to my understanding. Also it's $10M (theoretically), this is a big business. You don't tank everything just because of a large fee, you pay it and make it work down the line. $10M won't be the reason for UConn bball' continued decline if it comes to that, believe me.

How do you think the school is going to justify to the state spending $10M to get ride of a coach and then shelling out another $2M for a replacement?

Forget UConn basketball, what about the state's decline or the students who bear the burden of these fees.

Reaction Score
It ain't easy being "the next guy" following a legend. And Ollie just isn't big time. He looks like MAAC level.
That excuse doesn't hold water at all in this case.
A. Calhoun timed his departure to get KO the job.
B. Calhoun stayed very close to the program initially, was at almost every game yr1 and helped Ollie immeasurably to get that championship which has provided Ollie almost the entirety of his positive coaching resume.
Arguably the only reason KO is still the coach at UConn is b/c that legend he followed made his transition the best/easiest since Steve Fisher.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
How do you think the school is going to justify to the state spending $10M to get ride of a coach and then shelling out another $2M for a replacement?

Forget UConn basketball, what about the state's decline or the students who bear the burden of these fees.
This is the financial price we all agreed to bear as students, alum and residents when we chose to compete at the top of the sport when presented the golden opportunity by JC. It's really a matter of play it this way or don't play at all frankly.

Reaction Score
Four years is longer than you realize. For students, that could be their entire college experience. At the end of the day, call them Fairweather fans, but people generally don’t want to invest their time let alone their money to have their hopes dashed by successive losses to Wagner or ECU or God knows who else and struggle to make A tournament appearance once in four years. For many, it’s easier to separate and not go to games, and often times not invest emotions in watching on TV. I’m a diehard fan since 1991 and I find myself turning off the TV from time to time, especially when we’re getting destroyed, rather than watch my favorite team get pummeled into national irrelevance.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I used to go to go to games at South Kent years ago, Chillious couldn't even coach at that level.

Revisionist history to feed the narrative, nothing more.

Reaction Score
That ain't gonna happen. We just sold our soul for a couple of bucks to help buyout the football coach.
Yes it will. Benedict already laid out everything to Ollie about what he expects, he sees the same cr@p and Ollie's gone.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Upon reading this thread, how the hell can some of you buy groceries and pay your bills with the financial management "skills" you've shown off here?

Reaction Score
"Chillious isn't even a high-school level coach," we're all pissed but do better than that please.
You think Chillious was brought in for his coaching? Your act is getting really tiresome, it's a new routine every week now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom