If you want to get rid of Ollie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you want to get rid of Ollie

Reaction Score
Sounds like the kind of contract a Rock Star and a winner, who likes winning would write and sign.

But hey they sent out a couple good tweets one time, they get it.

What a disaster.
Ding, ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. This from the same people who brought you Diaco's raise and extension. The same people who told you everything was fine and UConn fans had nothing to worry about during CR only to later tell you they were tired of talking about CR.

No wonder Ollie sits there looking like he could give 2 shirts the team is being humiliated on national TV. Zero reason to worC.F..

The frigging pain.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ollie is our only hope but I don't think he is up to the task. And he's not going anywhere. That ship has sailed.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
We've already had staff replacements. If we can't raise the $$ it looks as if our fate is sealed.

I was thinking something along the lines of when Dave tried to force Diaco to hire a new OC. Bring in someone that has a different offensive philosophy. If Ollie isn't willing to change then, yes, we have to accept his approach might never work and we are stuck with it.

Reaction Score
Ding, ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. This from the same people who brought you Diaco's raise and extension. The same people who told you everything was fine and UConn fans had nothing to worry about during CR only to later tell you they were tired of talking about CR.

No wonder Ollie sits there looking like he could give 2 shirts the team is being humiliated on national TV. Zero reason to worC.F..

The frigging pain.
Bunch of idiots.

Reaction Score
View attachment 26456

You have two choices:

1. Drum up 8 figures to satisfy his contract.

2. Set him up to go for cause.

Hopefully that reality will save us the same conversation every game for the next 4 years.

(stole the contract info from Fishy’s twitter).

Ironically this contract is reason to fire everyone on the UConn side who negotiatiated it for cause.
Sheeze that's really bad. Only option is to hope he gets better. Just not seeing it. Oh well, AAC for life!!!

Reaction Score
I was thinking something along the lines of when Dave tried to force Diaco to hire a new OC. Bring in someone that has a different offensive philosophy. If Ollie isn't willing to change then, yes, we have to accept his approach might never work and we are stuck with it.
we already did that

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The buyout won't be an issue if that's where the administration decides to go with it. This state and university have far too much invested in this program to let one or two million dollars be the reason we continue to tank brand value. The passionate fan base Jim Calhoun developed over his nearly 3 decade tenure is simply too large and too powerful in a relatively wealthy state with no real other sport to truly call its own to simply let something so special just wither away over what really amounts to a very small sum relative to the hugely bloated coaching buyouts in college sports these days.

tl;dr if a change is decided to be made, the buyout will literally be a non-issue.

Reaction Score
Factually incorrect . . . plus we found Diaco's replacement at a bargain basement price. That won't be the case here.

Athletic Departments like ours don't get an infinite amount of contract screw ups. Guess that's what you get when you hire a guy from Buffalo. Didn't know go to handle high profile hiring. Doofus.

Reaction Score
The buyout won't be an issue if that's where the administration decides to go with it. This state and university have far too much invested in this program to let one or two million dollars be the reason we continue to tank brand value. The passionate fan base Jim Calhoun developed over his nearly 3 decade tenure is simply too large and too powerful in a relatively wealthy state with no real other sport to truly call its own to simply let something so special just wither away over what really amounts to a very small sum relative to the hugely bloated coaching buyouts in college sports these days.

tl;dr if a change is decided to be made, the buyout will literally be a non-issue.

And yet, where is this passionate, influential fan base on game days? Our fan base that Calhoun built is aging out just like he did.

Reaction Score
Athletic Departments like ours don't get an infinite amount of contract screw ups. Guess that's what you get when you hire a guy from Buffalo. Didn't know go to handle high profile hiring. Doofus.

I get the hiring of Ollie -- the outgoing coach used every ounce of his substantial influence to strong-arm him into the hire, and his instincts to be hesitant were ultimately proven correct. The extension, and Diaco's before it, were monumentally stupid.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

Can you really blame Warde or Benedict for this situation? I would have locked Ollie up too. I think a lot of us thought we had our HC for the next 20 years barring him leaving for the NBA.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I get the hiring of Ollie -- the outgoing coach used every ounce of his substantial influence to strong-arm him into the hire, and his instincts to be hesitant were ultimately proven correct. The extension, and Diaco's before it, were monumentally stupid.

Yeah Warde is the one that gave him 7 months to prove him self, and he kinda did.

Reaction Score
Can you really blame Warde or Benedict for this situation? I would have locked Ollie up too. I think a lot of us thought we had our HC for the next 20 years barring him leaving for the NBA.

The latest extension was signed with Warde on his way out the door, after two uninspiring seasons . . .

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Maybe JC can help with the buyout then.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

The buyouts were absurd for coaches with a combined 4 years of experience.

Reaction Score
No I agree. Ollie got off to a rousing start. Looked hungry. Now he looks comatose on the bench. Could be my perception because we suck. Warde was hesitant as you said but I don't know he just painted us into a corner with this and Diaco.

The most troubling part to me yesterday was keeping the starters in to pad their individual stats. Dudes laughing and smiling as they scored meaningless baskets. The last 5 minutes of that game should habe been the end of the bench. Who cares if you lose by 35 or 50.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom