If you want to get rid of Ollie | Page 8 | The Boneyard

If you want to get rid of Ollie

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What makes you come to that conclusion? It’s been some time since I looked at her bio but I don’t remember seeing anything to get me to that conclusion. She is an academic and has done a lot of good for UCONN, but She was President when Louisville caught UCONN sleeping.

I left off the heavy sarcasm font.

Reaction Score
Yep. Lets blame Ollie for Larrier having headaches. You need to get a clue buddy.
No, let's blame someone other than Ollie for taking a flamethrower to one of the best basketball programs in the country. Thanks Obama.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We somehow are coming up with 45 million for new fields for sports nobody cares about and 10 million for a roof yet we can't come up with the money to fix the sport that makes Uconn what it is.
Was thinking the same thing myself. I understand that winners that like winning and are winners play softball. I get it. But that is money not well spent.

Every cent this AD has should be allocated to FBS Football and Ollie's buyout.

If those sports don't improve, the ancillary sports are going to be dropped at some point anyways.

That money was raised separately.

It doesn’t come from the operating budget.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That money was raised separately.

It doesn’t come from the operating budget.

Interesting. Really curious where all the money is coming from. Did a quick google search, but couldn't find anything specific.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Interesting. Really curious where all the money is coming from. Did a quick google search, but couldn't find anything specific.

One place is the surcharge on tickets.

Reaction Score

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
No, let's blame someone other than Ollie for taking a flamethrower to one of the best basketball programs in the country. Thanks Obama.
This is reasonable. Guess you have a valid argument. You are so short sighted it astounds me.

Reaction Score
Gampel roof money came from Uconn 2000 project money. Fields paid for with 25 million in private money raised and the remainder is mostly coming from raises in ticket prices.

Reaction Score
I like Musselman a lot as one of the best offensive coaches in the game (space + pace style), but he’s never coached out east and I think he’d be a risk to leave for the NBA again.

If we believe we have a ‘program’ (which I believe we do)...tradition, championships, facility...then we should target some bigger P5/6 schools. Chris Beard at TT or Bobby Hurley at ASU or Kevin Willard at Seton Hall. If we’re looking to pay less due to the buyout...then the other Hurley or Kermit Davis at MTSU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If we believe we have a ‘program’ (which I believe we do)...tradition, championships, facility...then we should target some bigger P5/6 schools. Chris Beard at TT or Bobby Hurley at ASU or Kevin Willard at Seton Hall. If we’re looking to pay less due to the buyout...then the other Hurley or Kermit Davis at MTSU.

Bobby Hurley hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahjahahahahjahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Thanks for brightening the day.

Reaction Score
are we supposed to blame ollie for larrier having headaches, gilbert suffering another unfortunate injury, etc. the cards have been against us for sometime unfortunately. get a grip people...
e: these are players that take pressure off the likes of adams who other teams gameplan for...

Reaction Score
Chris Beard is amazing, one of the best young coaches in the sport. But he’s a Texas Tech alumn. I personally also love Chris Mack, but similarly he’s an Xavier alumn.

Willard hasn’t recruited all that well in the Big East. Only 2 4* since 2015. He’s solid, but I’m not sure I like him more than Dan Hurley, who actually has more NCAAT wins than Willard.

Bobby Hurley wouldn’t be interested since his brother is. Kermit Davis is almost 60, and not leaving the south.

Eric Musselman would definitely have my interest if we were sold that he would be able to recruit in the northeast and wouldn’t jump to the NBA.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
are we supposed to blame ollie for larrier having headaches, gilbert suffering another unfortunate injury, etc. the cards have been against us for sometime unfortunately. get a grip people...

Yes, Yes they have. We've gotten pretty much every bad break imaginable the last 2 years.

But (and know Im saying this as a staunch KO supporter) His responses to the bad breaks are not what I think a top level coaches responses should be.

Im OK with losses considering the bad luck weve had. We are simply undermanned.

But I still look for positives in the context of being undermanned. While I see them at times, there are times where I see many negatives.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Pete Gillen.

The dude is 70. Seventy.

Perfect. Get him a pair of dentures, a bowl of warm (not too hot) oatmeal, and a couple of tickets to see The Price is Right live in lieu of paying a salary. These are the kinds of sacrifices we need to make in our athletic dept in this day and age.

#HireGillen

Reaction Score
Lol. It was just a thought. I know it would ever happen.
I don’t think it’s crazy at all. Bound to be someone that would do the job for free, and do it better. Let KO be a cheerleader.

Reaction Score
Chris Beard is amazing, one of the best young coaches in the sport. But he’s a Texas Tech alumn. I personally also love Chris Mack, but similarly he’s an Xavier alumn.

Willard hasn’t recruited all that well in the Big East. Only 2 4* since 2015. He’s solid, but I’m not sure I like him more than Dan Hurley, who actually has more NCAAT wins than Willard.

Bobby Hurley wouldn’t be interested since his brother is. Kermit Davis is almost 60, and not leaving the south.

Eric Musselman would definitely have my interest if we were sold that he would be able to recruit in the northeast and wouldn’t jump to the NBA.

Beard is a Texas guy - UT grad. But, I get the point...he’s a Bobby Knight disciple and was an assistant at TT before. I would still ask...Lubbock is, well, Lubbock (middle of nowhere). Regardless, this is the mold - someone that can do More with Less. And that’s why I like Hurley and Willard.

Reaction Score
Beard is a Texas guy - UT grad. But, I get the point...he’s a Bobby Knight disciple and was an assistant at TT before. I would still ask...Lubbock is, well, Lubbock (middle of nowhere). Regardless, this is the mold - someone that can do More with Less. And that’s why I like Hurley and Willard.
I guess he was an assistant there before. I was making an assumption since he called it his “mama” and “dream job” when he jumped from UNLV to TTech. He’s the man, definitely worth trying.

Totally agreed on the “more with less” concept, especially in this conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom