If you want to get rid of Ollie | Page 6 | The Boneyard

If you want to get rid of Ollie

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Nothing hypothetical about it.
We really don't have a solid answer on the official buyout number, someone spit out $10M as a hypothetical amount as to what he considers "too much". I don't believe the actual buyout figure to be $10M myself personally based on what I've seen and read.

Reaction Score
LOL, nobody cares about Syracuse, BC, or Rutgers football. I'll give you Penn State.
The fans and alumni do, and if no one cares then why does Uconn want to join their club so bad?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The fans and alumni do, and if no one cares then why does Uconn want to join their club so bad?
To keep the basketball program relevant in perpetuity. Football is a bonus.

Reaction Score
Honestly he should have been out the door after the Northeastern debacle last year. If we were to ever lose to Columbia he should be allowed back into the locker room post game. Just throw his personal stuff into boxes and fed-x it to his home address.

Reaction Score
We really don't have a solid answer on the official buyout number, someone spit out $10M as a hypothetical amount as to what he considers "too much". I don't believe the actual buyout figure to be $10M myself personally based on what I've seen and read.

The contract language is in this very thread, and it's pretty clear.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The contract language is in this very thread, and it's pretty clear.
Quote for me please, I'd like to see which one you are referring.

Reaction Score
Sure, UConn has plenty of money. The issue is its currently being used to keep the athletic program floating. Kevin Ollie's buyout is the iceberg that sank the Titanic.

UConnMoney.png

https://senate.uconn.edu/wp-content...Senate-UBC-Report-on-AD-Subsidy-to-Senate.pdf

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Quote for me please, I'd like to see which one you are referring.

Just look on page 1. If terminated prior to June 2018, he is owed the remainder of compensation due under Articles 3 and 6. The elements of that compensation are pretty clear. $400k per year in salary (plus some portion there of for the partial year between his termination date and 5/31/18, plus the additional payments of $2.9 Million, $3.2 Million, and $3.3 Million for the years ending in 2019, 2020, and 2021.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just look on page 1. If terminated prior to June 2018, he is owed the remainder of compensation due under Articles 3 and 6. The elements of that compensation are pretty clear. $400k per year in salary (plus some portion there of for the partial year between his termination date and 5/31/18, plus the additional payments of $2.9 Million, $3.2 Million, and $3.3 Million for the years ending in 2019, 2020, and 2021.

Thank God it doesn’t matter. It’s pocket change.

Reaction Score
Geno isn’t taking a salary right? Now everyone else give up theirs and we are 1/4 the way there.

Reaction Score
Geno isn’t taking a salary right? Now everyone else give up theirs and we are 1/4 the way there.

Does anyone think Geno would be interested in the men's gig? I know he spoke on Calipari's podcast that he was close to leaving for a men's position.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think Geno would be interested in the men's gig? I know he spoke on Calipari's podcast that he was close to leaving for a men's position.
It COULD be interesting. But I see it as something of a crapshoot the way that some successful college coaches are not as good in the NBA...Just too different from each other. And the womens game is even more different than the mens besides the fact that the Uconn women could probably give this years men a run for their money....

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
It COULD be interesting. But I see it as something of a crapshoot the way that some successful college coaches are not as good in the NBA...Just too different from each other. And the womens game is even more different than the mens besides the fact that the Uconn women could probably give this years men a run for their money....

Statements like this make you lose all credibility

Reaction Score
Statements like this make you lose all credibility
And yet you have nothing to say. So, no they don't. A lot of successful NCAA coaches flop in the NBA....not sure how that can be disputed. It is truth. Othertimes, they suceed wildly like Brad Stevens. Still, the way the game is played in college and the NBA is totally different. How is this not true???

Reaction Score
I told Stain for a year that things were rotten with Ollie and he would argue with me on the daily about how I was wrong. Next he did the whole passive aggressive thing to start the season. Now he's claiming who actually on the board still thinks Ollie is the right man for the job??? All the while mixing in we could never possibly get another coach who his better than Ollie because Uconn is a terrible job.

I wonder what his next routine will be?

We better hope Ollie does turn it around for many reasons. The next routine could get really nasty and ugly if some of UConn Everything is okey dokey with Ollie twitter last night is any indication. They really can't defend anything we are seeing on the court or the sidelines or the results so they are gonna start reaching. Just check what Russ Steinberg and Noescalators were trying to pull.

Reaction Score
Geno coaching the men would be fascinating as hell.
Indeed, but apparently saying that makes one lose credibility...

Any way, I thought I read somewhere that student fees account for some of the coaches exhorbiant salary. Is that so? Because if so, I would be pissed that my tuition increases for stuff like that, even in a solid year. But to pay more money for school for this for the past few years? If I were a student I would not tolerate it, if indeed it is true. I think any coach is overpaid, personally, but wow, all this money for these results recently? In any other profession, that rate of success would not be tolerated...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Indeed, but apparently saying that makes one lose credibility...

Any way, I thought I read somewhere that student fees account for some of the coaches exhorbiant salary. Is that so? Because if so, I would be pissed that my tuition increases for stuff like that, even in a solid year. But to pay more money for school for this for the past few years? If I were a student I would not tolerate it, if indeed it is true. I think any coach is overpaid, personally, but wow, all this money for these results recently? In any other profession, that rate of success would not be tolerated...

You dont get it do you, bozo? Your credibility is shot by saying the women can give a run to the men. The women cant even stay close to a high school boys team

Reaction Score
Ya, because women are just so inferior to men....They would keep it close. And you need to resort to name calling to boot. That says a lot.

Just look at Billie Jean King, some of these ultra marathon runners, martial artists etc. It does happen.

Reaction Score
Ya, because women are just so inferior to men....They would keep it close. And you need to resort to name calling to boot. That says a lot.
Wait, what?!?? The women's team would keep it close against a boy's high school team or the Uconn men's team?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
And yet you have nothing to say. So, no they don't. A lot of successful NCAA coaches flop in the NBA....not sure how that can be disputed. It is truth. Othertimes, they suceed wildly like Brad Stevens. Still, the way the game is played in college and the NBA is totally different. How is this not true???

That fact you would even insinuate that the Women could even play a pickup game vs the men and not lose by 100 is crazy lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom