Hawkins injury. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hawkins injury.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Unfortunately after his concussion last year he ran into a screen . He didn’t hit his head but got his second concussion just from getting hit in the chest and his head bouncing from that.
Hearsay, that’s impossible.

Reaction Score
No, my guy. I get that he’s arguing for the sake of arguing but my point, my guy, is who gives a ufck about whiplash since his head bounced off the court. Go have an academic argument about what causes concussions elsewhere, my guy.
Hold your L with more grace, my guy. it’s a bad look

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No, my guy. I get that he’s arguing for the sake of arguing but my point, my guy, is who gives a ufck about whiplash since his head bounced off the court. Go have an academic argument about what causes concussions elsewhere, my guy.
You might wanna read the first post in the argument, he obviously cares. I didn’t post my concussion article and meme randomly. Not sure why you stepped into the crossfire to get bodied like this, go back to posting that super funny #concerned meme, you haven’t worn it out yet.

Reaction Score
I was surprised he returned to the bench. My niece got a concussion playing basketball and was not allowed to return to the bench. It is best to avoid light and noise.

Reaction Score
Staff/trainer saw a hit to the head and some worrying symptoms and immediately pulled him out of the game while they figure out whether there was a concussion…. what exactly strikes you as “Tua-ish” in what happened?

Not being in concussion protocol per the quote from Hurley

Reaction Score
Staff/trainer saw a hit to the head and some worrying symptoms and immediately pulled him out of the game while they figure out whether there was a concussion…. what exactly strikes you as “Tua-ish” in what happened?
Agree, that was a garbage post.

If they put him back in the game, that'd be Tua-ish. They're taking the right approach here to monitor him and (most likely) not let him do anything until further tests are run and they observe his symptoms. Doctors on here correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 24 hours after a head injury the most important period of time to determine the severity of the injury?

Reaction Score
Agree, that was a garbage post.

If they put him back in the game, that'd be Tua-ish. They're taking the right approach here to monitor him and (most likely) not let him do anything until further tests are run and they observe his symptoms. Doctors on here correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 24 hours after a head injury the most important period of time to determine the severity of the injury?

Would expect him to be in concussion protocol after the head injury. That’s not garbage.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The downside is, unfortunately Jordan has seemed to hit his head often
The scariest part was that after a minute or so on the ground, he stood up on his own and then immediately sat back down.

This is what concerns me most as well.

He tried to get up but had no legs underneath him. And it's been like that all three times so far.

Reaction Score
I feel like he’ll be back sooner rather than later - my guess is Friday.

But just a guess. You can hit your head without getting a concussion, so that’s the hope.
Watching replay he didn't hit his head too hard, but it was in a sensitive spot (directly back of the head), so we'll see.

Reaction Score
They aren't contradictory. He'll likely miss a couple games. But it's hyperbole to jump to the conclusion that Hurley can never use him as more than a bench player for the rest of his career
He didn’t say that. He said to have a plan for him not being available. You just acknowledged that he’s probably going to miss games. Should they not have plan?

Reaction Score
I didn't want to say anything after Hurley made the comments about Hawkins being a first round pick, but this, IMO, is why you don't. You never know what's going to happen and it puts undue pressure on the kid.

Was the fall fate, a bad break, or the result of JH trying to do something beyond his capabilities in order to meet the higher level of expectations that go with being a first round pick?

Who knows? We can all speculate but none of us (well, maybe one) will ever know for sure how JH deals with pressure.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Was the fall fate, a bad break, or the result of JH trying to do something beyond his capabilities in order to meet the higher level of expectations that go with being a first round pick?

Who knows? We can all speculate but none of us (well, maybe one) will ever know for sure how JH deals with pressure.

Regular Season Wtf GIF by NBA

Reaction Score
I can still hear the sound his head made when it hit the floor.
It definitely wasn't his head that made that noise. I had a buddy at the game who said the same thing that the sound was really loud but when they showed the replay back on TV his head barely hit the court. It definitely whipped hard but there is no way that sound was all his head. Other parts of his body hit as well which I think contributed to that really loud sound. If the hit of his head was 100% of that sound he'd have been in the protocol immediately or we should fire all trainers and doctors associated with the team.

Reaction Score
Hope he’s ok.

But Hurley needed to bench him early in the game for like 30 seconds to calm him down. He was pushing so hard and was very jittery, very easy to tell.
It seems like Hawkins is a confidence player - if he sees the ball go through the net once or twice he’s going to go off, but I think he lets the misses bother him and it throws him off. Would be great if we could run a couple of offensive sets early to get him some 15 footers coming off screens or some foul shots or something, get him going every time.

Reaction Score
His eyes were glossy as hell when he returned to the bench. The announcers were saying tears, they were wrong. Hope he’s ok.

Donny saying “he’s a pro, he’s definitely a pro” is ridiculous as it was for Hurley to say. Let the kid find his way please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom