Hawkins injury. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hawkins injury.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I don't think it's hyperbole to suggest Hurley and his staff have to gameplan not having Hawkins playing consistently.

Hurley has to have one of the coaches consider a lineup and strategy where Hawkins is a bench player and a nice bonus when available and not game plan on him being a starter playing 25+ mpg and scoring around 15 ppg.
yep

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Re-read your original wording. You've toned things down here. AND, you've argued against your posts being "contradictory," which wasn't my claim.

Re-read the post you quoted. Then read how you characterized it. I say that it's hyperbolic (by you) to write that somebody "jump[ed] to the conclusion that Hurley can never use him as more than a bench player for the rest of his career."

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
It’s opening night and Hans is already in mid season form! I like it!

Reaction Score
Went for a rebound & came crashing down on his backside - head bounced off hardwood. Given his concussion struggles last year, just heartbreaking to see.
His feet just slipped out from under him. When he stood up and went back down i knew he was done for the night. Our big 3 are Ajax, Hawk and Sanogo and two are already going to miss time. Better early i guess.

Reaction Score
Jordan has to be in all our thoughts and prayers here. If it is a concussion that would be at least 3 for him.
Yeah 3 concussions in about a year doesn't bode well. I hope he can snap out of this and make something out of his career but repeated injuries like this just build up over time which is sad. Head injuries are scary and it is better to stop playing ball and have a normal life if this continues. I'm sure UCONN is going to be very careful with him now.

I'm a huge fan of Hawkins but repeated injuries like this is just bad news as it we are talking about head trauma. This isn't something to take lightly.

Reaction Score
I didn't want to say anything after Hurley made the comments about Hawkins being a first round pick, but this, IMO, is why you don't. You never know what's going to happen and it puts undue pressure on the kid.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I didn't want to say anything after Hurley made the comments about Hawkins being a first round pick, but this, IMO, is why you don't. You never know what's going to happen and it puts undue pressure on the kid.
c'mon, how derivative is this?

Reaction Score
Did he get overwhelmed by the pressure of being a 1st round pick when he was in mid-air or something? There's no connection

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
People don’t lay on the ground holding the back of their head after whiplash
“A concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) that can occur after an impact to your head. Concussions can also happen during a whiplash-type injury that causes your head and brain to shake quickly back and forth.”

1667876570784.jpeg

Reaction Score
Did he get overwhelmed by the pressure of being a 1st round pick when he was in mid-air or something? There's no connection
No, but now the kid might feel like he needs to rush back, might take the injury more to heart, etc.

Reaction Score
“A concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) that can occur after an impact to your head. Concussions can also happen during a whiplash-type injury that causes your head and brain to shake quickly back and forth.”

View attachment 80454

This would be a pretty dope burn but for the fact that everyone saw his head bounce off the court.

Reaction Score
No, but now the kid might feel like he needs to rush back, might take the injury more to heart, etc.
I guess, but it's not like Hurley is making that statement out of nowhere. The national media is all over Hawkins being a 1st round pick, he's on just about every 2023 mock draft. Unless he's been living under a rock nothing Hurley said was news to him

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
exactly

Reaction Score
I guess, but it's not like Hurley is making that statement out of nowhere. The national media is all over Hawkins being a 1st round pick, he's on just about every 2023 mock draft. Unless he's been living under a rock nothing Hurley said was news to him
exactly. there's enough outside chatter. no need to make statements to the media about it.

Reaction Score
The upside is basketball players don’t usually hit their heads too often. I played a ton of basketball until I was in my late 20’s and only hit my head hard once. I definitely had a concussion from it. Should have gone to the ER.

Hopefully, he gets better and stops having bad luck. He’s had far more hits than average.
Unfortunately after his concussion last year he ran into a screen . He didn’t hit his head but got his second concussion just from getting hit in the chest and his head bouncing from that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom