Hawkins injury. | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Hawkins injury.

Reaction Score
A month ago we had 5 games to settle on rotations and build chemistry for a running start into Oregon. Now we are likely heading to Oregon without having any real experience with our full team. A real disappointing set of circumstances if it plays out like that. Please, Please, Please, NO MORE INJURIES

Reaction Score
A month ago we had 5 games to settle on rotations and build chemistry for a running start into Oregon. Now we are likely heading to Oregon without having any real experience with our full team. A real disappointing set of circumstances if it plays out like that. Please, Please, Please, NO MORE INJURIES
Why has UConn basketball been injured since 2014?

An injury here or there is normal, it's not at all normal the amount of injuries UConn has had.

Reaction Score
836F0117-73F8-4BB9-A32B-1D7950349308.png

Reaction Score
UConn has excellent medical facility and fine school of engineering.
Amateur boxers wear headgear to prevent head and brain damage.
Cannot our medical and engineering folks adapt existing headgear for Jordan to aid in preventing future injuries.
Three concussions in less than a year is very dangerous to any individual.
Just a thought.

Wearing headgear doesn't actually help much with concussions... at least there isn't much evidence it does. Headgear is for cuts.

I always felt headgear made me MORE likely to get hit in the head fighting. Makes head movement slower and you can't see hooks on your peripherals as well.

I never, ever ever practiced with headgear unless I needed to get used to it the few months before a fight.

I don't think it's a feasible option for a basketball player.

Reaction Score
Exactly. People keep saying, "as long as they are back by PK", but chemistry and cohesion with so many new players needs to be developed on BOTH ends of the floor to feel confident against the kind of competition they will be facing in that tourney.

Reaction Score
Wearing headgear doesn't actually help much with concussions... at least there isn't much evidence it does. Headgear is for cuts.

I always felt headgear made me MORE likely to get hit in the head fighting. Makes head movement slower and you can't see hooks on your peripherals as well.

I never, ever ever practiced with headgear unless I needed to get used to it the few months before a fight.

I don't think it's a feasible option for a basketball player.
And your solution to protect Jordan from future head trauma?
Ciao

Reaction Score
And your solution to protect Jordan from future head trauma?
Ciao

I didn't offer one. I said the solution isn't to strap a helmet on the kid in practice or games. I'm not a doctor. Have you noticed how your wonderful idea hasn't been implemented despite hundreds of millions of dollars being spent on concussion research in the past 20 years? I'm guessing the entire medical community probably has a wee bit more expertise than "Cobra 1." Particularly considering you don't even know what a boxing helmet is for.

Do you think you're being clever?

Ciao

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If I’m about to drop you from 4 feet off the ground onto your head, you’d rather have a helmet on. Don’t be silly.
Your dopey comment doesn't negate what I had to say.

Reaction Score
I didn't offer one. I said the solution isn't to strap a helmet on the kid in practice or games. I'm not a doctor. Have you noticed how your wonderful idea hasn't been implemented despite hundreds of millions of dollars being spent on concussion research in the past 20 years? I'm guessing the entire medical community probably has a wee bit more expertise than "Cobra 1." Particularly considering you don't even know what a boxing helmet is for.

Do you think you're being clever?

Ciao
It appears that’s you did not fully comprehend what I originally suggested; Is it possible that UConn medical staff and engineering school could design some sort of device similar to headgear worn by amateur boxers.
You do not seem to comprehend that I am offering up a possible solution to protect JH from future concussions.
Mine does not need to be accepted but if another means of protecting JH’s head and brain from future concussions is not found, then not only will his basketball career be
limited if not over, but his future life may be negatively effected.
And that would be shame for a young man of his age to face.
And you seem to enjoy in taking an adverse opinion and belittling a sincere suggestion while offering no other positive suggestions.
I am through with replying to this non productive banter; life is two short.
Ciao

Reaction Score
It appears that’s you did not fully comprehend what I originally suggested; Is it possible that UConn medical staff and engineering school could design some sort of device similar to headgear worn by amateur boxers.
You do not seem to comprehend that I am offering up a possible solution to protect JH from future concussions.
Mine does not need to be accepted but if another means of protecting JH’s head and brain from future concussions is not found, then not only will his basketball career be
limited if not over, but his future life may be negatively effected.
And that would be shame for a young man of his age to face.
And you seem to enjoy in taking an adverse opinion and belittling a sincere suggestion while offering no other positive suggestions.
I am through with replying to this non productive banter; life is two short.
Ciao

And I don't think you're fully comprehending what I said. I am perfectly aware you think the engineering school should create a helmet for Hawkins. I am telling you this is a genuinely ridiculous idea.

Ciao.

Reaction Score
Your dopey comment doesn't negate what I had to say.

Awww can’t answer the question?

You would rather have a helmet because you know it limits severity of head/brain injury. Most people know this; it’s why you see people on bikes, motorcycles, any high speed or high contact sport, etc etc etc wearing them. You just didn’t think too hard before you posted your dopey comment. Take the L

Reaction Score
Nobody's making or is going to make helmets for BB.

I disagree. Some players already wear headbands and I can see that evolving into more of a protective band.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Awww can’t answer the question?

You would rather have a helmet because you know it limits severity of head/brain injury. Most people know this; it’s why you see people on bikes, motorcycles, any high speed or high contact sport, etc etc etc wearing them. You just didn’t think too hard before you posted your dopey comment. Take the L
Helmets are better than nothing but will never prevent concussions. People on motorcycles don't wear helmets to prevent concussions. They wear them to prevent death. More dopeyness that still doesn't negate my original point.

Reaction Score
Helmets are better than nothing but will never prevent concussions. People on motorcycles don't wear helmets to prevent concussions. They wear them to prevent death. More dopeyness that still doesn't negate my original point.
If you were to be dropped on your soft skull, would you or would you rather not have a helmet on?

Shouldn’t be a hard question to answer, Dopey

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you were to be dropped on your soft skull, would you or would you rather not have a helmet on?

Shouldn’t be a hard question to answer, Dopey
My point was that a helmet doesn't protect the brain from the impact of hitting the inside of the skull. You decided to twist that into my saying that helmets do no good at all. I didn't, I'm saying helmets will never eliminate concussions. I have no idea what you were trying to say.

Reaction Score
So who thinks Hawkins will play Tuesday?

And should he wear a helmet? :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom