Hawkins injury. | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Hawkins injury.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Some players already wear headbands and I can see that evolving into more of a protective band.
I've always believed that if our players foreheads had been less damp, we would have had less injuries due to head trauma!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You are absolutely right. We need to keep Buffalo guessing as to our lineup if we have even a chance at a W.

Also, @Mr. French is feeding BY reports back to Whitesell, so watch what you say in this thread.

Maybe a few years ago, this team is the definition of rebuilding.

UB is my school but UConn is my BBall team.

But I like that you know I’m kookoo Auggie.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Both teams played hard
- Sheed

Attachments

• 9918765A-D275-4461-9CB2-0B430CB32F04.jpeg
    9918765A-D275-4461-9CB2-0B430CB32F04.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 137
Reaction Score
Was there any indication to when/how this Samson injury occurred?
Hurley just said in the Stonehill game but they didn't realize it was as bad as it is until later in the week.

From articles after the BU game:

Samson Johnson wore a navy polo, khakis and a walking boot on his right foot – he was injured in the season opener and will be reevaluated next week, according to a team release.

“Samson probably gets back out there the latest, there’s some concern there that it could be weeks, if not longer,” Hurley said following the game. “We were kind of blindsided by the Samson injury, it kind of came out of nowhere really yesterday where it went from not much of a thing to a major thing.”

Reaction Score
“We were kind of blindsided by the Samson injury, it kind of came out of nowhere really yesterday where it went from not much of a thing to a major thing.”
This reads like ligament damage they weren’t expecting that came up on imaging. Ugh hope I’m wrong

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really bummed about Johnson. Kid worked his tail off to prove he was good enough to play.
Yeah. Brutal break. Karaban has been terrific, and people here wondering if Johnson can get back in, but they practiced against each other all pre-season, and Hurley started Johnson. Maybe we just have two damned good modern 4s. Guys that add different things. That’s what I’m hoping.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
insert photo...
and a hearty congratulations on ur new arrival! best wishes for good health all around!
on the udder hand....
nice to see ur focusing on ways to protect her. ur prolly sum kind of klutz, and living with you raises the possibility of flying cowboy ribeye bones,
or mebbe pieces of a geetar that u smash on the floor of ur rumpus room as you channel whoever that famous picker was who did it as his shtick.
u got no shtick, tho the chances of her leading a big time band or hoops team look extremely promising. try not to get in the way.
kids already a 5, no, 11 letter favorite over u in a game of 'broccoli rabe.'
broccoli rabe stinks. kind of a bitterish fake version of the good stuff.
broccoli -accept no substitutes!

kids got hops. obviously, she didn't get that from you.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and remember, doctors seuss, doolittle, and spock were all locales.
iifn ur anglophile tendencies (we all saw the movie of ur trip to fancy crapistan) make u watch teletubbies with her, we're calling family services.
that show is evil. prolly created by a bunch of ur whacked out hippy pals.
lsd flashbacks, an all that.

Reaction Score
Taking shots is different than playing a game and risking contact
His playing doesn't have anything to do with making shots in practice or risking contact. It's all about going through the concussion protocol and clearing all the multiple steps. Once he does that then the medical people will give him the O.K. to play.

Reaction Score
Hurley said he is cleared.
Did he say that post game? I haven't watched the post game interview but here it is. I just saw this in the papers this morning. I'm assuming this means he's been cleared by the medical staff?

Hurley said after the game that Jordan Hawkins, the promising sophomore who entered concussion protocol following the season opener “was close to getting back today” and has progressed to participate in live basketball situations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom