Hawkins injury. | The Boneyard

Hawkins injury.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Jordan has to be in all our thoughts and prayers here. If it is a concussion that would be at least 3 for him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let’s hope we get a good update…he was in tears on the bench.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What happened ? I looked away for like five minutes
I just saw it live, no interest in watching it back. Looked live like he fell hard on his back and head snapped back and hit the floor hard. It was kind of difficult to see because there was a bunch of traffic.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't think it's hyperbole to suggest Hurley and his staff have to gameplan not having Hawkins playing consistently.

Hurley has to have one of the coaches consider a lineup and strategy where Hawkins is a bench player and a nice bonus when available and not game plan on him being a starter playing 25+ mpg and scoring around 15 ppg.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Any updates on the TV? Looked pretty nasty from here

Reaction Score
I don't think it's hyperbole to suggest Hurley and his staff have to gameplan not having Hawkins playing consistently.

I don't think it's hyperbole to consider a lineup where Hawkins is a bench player and a nice bonus when available and not game plan on him being a starter playing 25+ mpg and scoring around 15 ppg.
I do think that’s hyperbole. Hurley just said he thought he was a first round pick. And we literally know nothing about his actual injury yet.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All we can do is hope for the best for Jordan. No official news yet.

Reaction Score
The upside is basketball players don’t usually hit their heads too often. I played a ton of basketball until I was in my late 20’s and only hit my head hard once. I definitely had a concussion from it. Should have gone to the ER.

Hopefully, he gets better and stops having bad luck. He’s had far more hits than average.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
One would think he’s going to be out for a few games, at the very least.
I do think that’s hyperbole. Hurley just said he thought he was a first round pick. And we literally know nothing about his actual injury yet.
I'm surprised to see these two takes from the same poster.

Reaction Score
The upside is basketball players don’t usually hit their heads too often. I played a ton of basketball until I was in my late 20’s and only hit my head hard once. I definitely had a concussion from it. Should have gone to the ER.

Hopefully, he gets better and stops having bad luck. He’s had far more hits than average.
The downside is, unfortunately Jordan has seemed to hit his head often

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Want him to feel 100% cognitively before seeing the floor again. Basketball is just a game - hope he doesn’t rush a return. Praying for him!

Reaction Score
Jordan has to be in all our thoughts and prayers here. If it is a concussion that would be at least 3 for him.
I know two people who suffered concussions playing hockey. It messed both of them up to the point they stopped playing.

Reaction Score
I feel so bad for him. Guy can never catch a break

Reaction Score
Was the 'pick' concussion more neck (whiplash) than the head? He was upright for that one, and his head didn't seem to be in contact with that player.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
They aren't contradictory. He'll likely miss a couple games.
Re-read your original wording. You've toned things down here. AND, you've argued against your posts being "contradictory," which wasn't my claim.

But it's hyperbole to jump to the conclusion that Hurley can never use him as more than a bench player for the rest of his career
Re-read the post you quoted. Then read how you characterized it. I say that it's hyperbolic (by you) to write that somebody "jump[ed] to the conclusion that Hurley can never use him as more than a bench player for the rest of his career."

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom