Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 87 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
It will be a huge victory if Ollie can win the Hami sweepstakes. Regardless of when the kid wants to play Kevin's competition is

A. Financial windfall in NBA
B. The greatest recruiter in hoops
C. One of the best weather schools, hottest babes, & fiercest upcoming coaches in the game.

Reaction Score
What did Oz say about it? I think I missed that
He basically said that he thinks Diallo is still coming to UConn, but that it is likely he would take another OV or two and this was before it was widely reported.

Reaction Score
@BUConn10 is Hami suiting up for UK second semester even in play? I imagine not, right? If that's the case, seems like this comes down to a battle of when as much as where.

Still think he ends up at UConn this season, though I had hoped he'd be ready by the start of conference play. The fact that he left without committing isn't good, but at the same time, nothing has really changed.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I will find it hard to root for this kid if he is coming here to be the most ultimate mercenary ever in college hoops..a semester and done dude.

I'll root for the team's success but it will take more than Hamidou to make UCONN relevant in March.

Reaction Score
I will find it hard to root for this kid if he is coming here to be the most ultimate mercenary ever in college hoops..a semester and done dude.

I'll root for the team's success but it will take more than Hamidou to make UCONN relevant in March.
If Hamidou comes here, I will root for him as much as I root for every other guy on this roster. He, as a top 10 players in the c/o 2017, could choose to come to the University of Connecticut, in spite of a down year record wise, about to play the worst part of our schedule, and pressure to go straight to the NBA.

He's about to make one of the most important decisions in his life and he may choose to walk the same streets that we have getting to and from Gampel and XL to suit up for our fearless leader Kevin Ollie. I would welcome him and embrace him the way I have everyone else on this team.

Don't @ me.

Reaction Score

Right now if he were to come second semester he probably isn't enough to turn things around but we could really use a body that can play! End of the Auburn game we had purvis, two centers, a power forward and a 6-8 freshman wing on the floor because there was no one left to play.
If he did come for second semester maybe you get lucky and he stays for 2017. For some reason I don't think the second semester thing will happen. I think he takes his OVS and commits somewhere for 2017 if his draft stock isn't high enough.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Said this a page back and I stand by it...

Through the whole recruiting process, Diallo has played his cards close to his chest and said nothing but unbiased things about schools recruiting him... Despite his closeness to UConn. While we're the local program and he's been here a lot, he's remained unbiased with his comments and actions around all schools involved in his recruitment. He's a kid enjoying the process... and why shouldn't he?

He has every right to take all of his official visits, he's making the most important decision of his young life, so it simply makes sense. He'd be an idiot not to do that.

I still think he ends up here and I feel like he's just taking his visits and going through the process like he always has. Oz has said similar things while remaining confident in our chances. Let's hope the visits happen and then we hear some good news later on.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Explain how you will find it hard to root for a top 10 recruit who decided to come and play for this depleted, subpar team?
If he comes for even one semester, it would be a gift from god that would at the very least make this season much more interesting.

Reaction Score

If he comes here, you will not know how long he will be staying. What no scout told him is you won't be drafted high spring of '17 coming out of prep school, but if you play one semester of college ball, no matter how it goes, then you will be. So he won't know how long he will be here, so how are you going o know?

Reaction Score
There are reports of some scouts saying that until he finds a jump shot, he's not a high NBA pick.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Explain how you will find it hard to root for a top 10 recruit who decided to come and play for this depleted, subpar team?
If he comes for even one semester, it would be a gift from god that would at the very least make this season much more interesting.
All I want is a promise to KO that he will be here for 1 1/2 seasons. One semester is deershit.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a perfect fit for UConn; he can't shoot.

I bet he's still a good shooter compared to our guys though. His immense talents in other areas just make his shooting weakness stick out.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
There are reports of some scouts saying that until he finds a jump shot, he's not a high NBA pick.
We need guys that will take it hard to the rim this season. We need to win the AAC tourney and our odds jump considerably with Diallo.

Reaction Score
I can't think of a better situation for UCONN and Diallo then to have him join the team this year. He gets to experience college basketball and have a true sense of where he stands in making it in the draft. UCONN gets a local kid who knows everyone and steps in for his best friend who can't play this year. Diallo can help this team and the experience may easily lead him to decide he needs a full additional year of experience. Remember this is a kid who could have been here for the full year but felt he needed more academic prepariness . He does not make rash decisions.

Reaction Score
All I want is a promise to KO that he will be here for 1 1/2 seasons. One semester is deershit.

All things considered, isn't one semester on campus the least likely scenario for Diallo? I can't imagine joining the team mid-year and playing D1 competition for two months will do anything other than depress the kid's draft stock.

H

huskymagic

All things considered, isn't one semester on campus the least likely scenario for Diallo? I can't imagine joining the team mid-year and playing D1 competition for two months will do anything other than depress the kid's draft stock.

It won't depress his stock if he is playing well, scoring, defending, and hitting some jumpers. Not to mention if he is an integral part of leading UCONN to the NCAA tournament. Plus he seems like a kid that wants to draw attention to himself and blaze his own path. Being a 0.5 and done would certainly do that although we would certainly love to have him for 1.5 years.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS

Reaction Score
Keep coming back to this thread hoping to find some info . Besides him attending the game and having his visit I really don't see any reason why he would be coming here and nothing stands out he is even close to confirming that he is ! Hope my gut feeling is wrong!

Reaction Score
It won't depress his stock if he is playing well, scoring, defending, and hitting some jumpers. Not to mention if he is an integral part of leading UCONN to the NCAA tournament. Plus he seems like a kid that wants to draw attention to himself and blaze his own path. Being a 0.5 and done would certainly do that although we would certainly love to have him for 1.5 years.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS

Yes. You're correct. There is a hypothetical universe in which all of those things will happen. But it's far more realistic to think that a kid whose asset is his athleticism will expose his rawness when he takes a major step up in play. I would be shocked if the reaction from professional observers is "Wow, this kid is better than we thought."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom