Hamidou Diallo Graduates | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If he goes post-graduate, he can go right to the NBA and skip college.

Reaction Score
If he goes post-graduate, he can go right to the NBA and skip college.
Thon Maker might have very well set that precedent but it would be extremely dumb for anyone else to do. If he wants to get to the NBA ASAP he should go to college instead of doing a post grad year.

Reaction Score
How many scholarships do we have left for 2016? If Diallo reclasses and Jackson commits can we take both?

Reaction Score
How many scholarships do we have left for 2016? If Diallo reclasses and Jackson commits can we take both?

Yes. With Vital we have 11 used up - Gilbert, Adams, Vital, Purvis, Diarra, Justin Jackson, Vance Jackson, Larrier, Facey, Durham, Enoch, Brimah, Diallo = 13

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Why would a player at his level (consensus top 15, 5*) do a post grad year and put off the exposure from high level college basketball? If he wants the quickest track to the league, wouldn't it make sense to play college ball this year?

Reaction Score
Why would a player at his level (consensus top 15, 5*) do a post grad year and put off the exposure from high level college basketball? If he wants the quickest track to the league, wouldn't it make sense to play college ball this year?
It makes no sense for someone like him to do a post grad year which is why I've always believed he'd reclassify. He has a lot to work on but he can do that in college too. If he stays it might be out of pure loyalty to his PSA coach.

Reaction Score
It makes no sense for someone like him to do a post grad year which is why I've always believed he'd reclassify. He has a lot to work on but he can do that in college too. If he stays it might be out of pure loyalty to his PSA coach.
It'd have to be some serious loyalty to give up millions of dollars.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, some will say college could expose weaknesses in someone's game and drop their draft number. But, overall I agree go to college under this scenario.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Still a little unclear, if he's graduating then what is he doing next year if it's not officially a post-grad year? Also wouldn't he be draft eligible in 2017 when he plans on entering college?

Reaction Score
Still a little unclear, if he's graduating then what is he doing next year if it's not officially a post-grad year? Also wouldn't he be draft eligible in 2017 when he plans on entering college?

Hamidou basically said he's doing a Post Grad year, but you never know. Mamadou Diarra graduated from Putnam Science last year but did a Post Grad this year. Jalen Adams graduated from Cushing Academy in 2014 but did a Post Grad at Brewster. Lots of kids do Post Grad years, often to improve game, body or academically.

Reaction Score
He's thinking of taking a gap year to backpack through Europe.
There's nothing unclear here. He and his coach have been saying he's doing a post grad year for a long time.
He officially graduated and if his SATS/ACTS are good he can go to college. There is no doubt he'd help himself more in the draft by going to college versus playing at Putnam Science. IMO, the only reason someone like him should do a post grad year is if he ineligible to play college ball (like Thon Maker). I really don't believe that is the case here.

Reaction Score
Some good answers here:

Sidenote: this interviewer come straight off the tennis courts to interview him?

The good points for us are that he doesn't care much about conference (so AAC is no big deal) and that he values a relationship with a coach (and we know KO is amazing at developing relationships). Thought it was interesting he said he doesn't have any great relationships with coaches yet although that may just be the diplomatic answer for an interview.

Reaction Score
Whenever someone asks him about UConn, he always seems to get defensive and sort of play it off as is if we're just some other school. My guess? He loves UConn but wants the offers to keep pouring in so he doesn't want to make it sound like he's a UConn lean. I still like our chances.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Whenever someone asks him about UConn, he always seems to get defensive and sort of play it off as is if we're just some other school. My guess? He loves UConn but wants the offers to keep pouring in so he doesn't want to make it sound like he's a UConn lean. I still like our chances.
or he's sick and tired of people assuming he's going to uconn and being asked about it.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I have a gut feeling he won't be at uconn.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Not saying they are right by any means but if it was a general consensus that he was UConn bound we would have more than one pick.
Crystal ball picks would pick UK or Duke once they offer just because they know nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom