Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 89 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We're going to need someone in the crowd to suit up and play some minutes.
Maybe the halftime shooting competition winner at each game should be given a uniform to suit up in the second half?

Reaction Score
Has this thread surpassed the Diamond Stone thread??

Diamond Stone didn't spend a couple years of his life attending UConn games and cruising the campus. He didn't get coached by KO. He didn't go to school in CT. Vastly different in comparing the recruits. But yeah....the agony is Stone esque.

Reaction Score
Maybe the halftime shooting competition winner at each game should be given a uniform to suit up in the second half?

One of those kids took 6 shots from 8 feet. Managed to hit one. I'll give it to him that he did hit his first 3.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
One of those kids took 6 shots from 8 feet. Managed to hit one. I'll give it to him that he did hit his first 3.
At the North Florida game, a guy made a layup, free throw and three pointer. That'd qualify him as our second best scorer.

Reaction Score
Has this thread surpassed the Diamond Stone thread??
This is actually the second Hamidou Diallo mega-thread.

Tack on at least a few dozen pages of posts if you combine the original

Reaction Score
Official visits notwithstanding, I believe that the more time that passes without a commitment, the less likely it is that we get him.

Diallo has been a man of his word from the beginning and said he would be taking all 3 of his visits. Him not committing while continuing to take visits isn't a cause for alarm

Reaction Score

Nothing new to report, just an interesting Twitter interaction with Jerry Meyer at 247. Sounds like he's working hard to get the inside scoop on Diallo. Will continue to keep any eye out for updates.

Reaction Score
I don't know if Diallo watched today's game, but if he did, was he thinking, I can come right in, get a bucket load of PT and help this team, or I want no part of this train wreck? I hope it is the former and not the latter. We better hope that his relationship with KO is strong enough to overcome what the other two programs can offer this season. Really! What else does UConn have to offer other than proximity to home, more developed friendships with prospective teammates or maybe more immediate PT than the other two programs? Can that be enough to land him?

Reaction Score
Um, at this point can you blame a kid for choosing to play at UK over UConn?
If KO can't get this top 10 recruit then I question his ability to get any....I get the KY appeal but a sad day if we lose this kid.

Reaction Score
If KO can't get this top 10 recruit then I question his ability to get any....I get the KY appeal but a sad day if we lose this kid.

Yeah he blows, throw him in the pile with Diaco this is ridiculous. If he can't get this kid after having a Top 5 recruiting class then we need to bring in someone who can recruit, maybe Josh Pastner?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yeah he blows, throw him in the pile with Diaco this is ridiculous. If he can't get this kid after having a Top 5 recruiting class then we need to bring in someone who can recruit, maybe Josh Pastner?:rolleyes:

People are going to feel fine never recanting what they wrote in the future. They did it before, they'll do it again. They won't own up to their overreactions.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
This recruitment has taken an unusual turn. Our injuries & current record could make or break the deal. Very odd. Bad timing to suck.

Reaction Score
That's an unfair strawman you built there. First, he never said Ollie's recruiting blows. Second, he specifically pointed to Ollie's ability to land a Top 10 recruit. He isn't wrong. Ollie hasn't landed one and he was on Diallo early, has had a ton of interaction with him and is the local program. If he loses him, why is it crazy to wonder if he will ever land a kid that highly rated?

Third, where was the class ranked top 5. The highest number I recall was 9. That is still good but, if these classes never materialize into winning the AAC and getting to the second weekend of the tournament, at least, one has to wonder if he is not picking the right, highly rated, recruits. Either that or he isn't developing them. I am not saying this season is the measuring stick but next season is fair game. Those great recruits should light the world on fire next year if they were not overrated and they were properly developed.

Reaction Score
This recruitment has taken an unusual turn. Our injuries & current record could make or break the deal. Very odd. Bad timing to suck.

As the days dwindle away, I think its more likely that he commits to Kentucky where he's guaranteed to play in the tournament. We need wins and with all these injuries it isn't happening.

At this point, I feel that KO needs to make a very strong pitch for him to commit to UConn. It stinks because I feel UConn would be a much stronger team with Diallo along with Jalen healthy, Facey showing improvement, and Vance showing more confidence.

Reaction Score
That's an unfair strawman you built there. First, he never said Ollie's recruiting blows. Second, he specifically pointed to Ollie's ability to land a Top 10 recruit. He isn't wrong. Ollie hasn't landed one and he was on Diallo early, has had a ton of interaction with him and is the local program. If he loses him, why is it crazy to wonder if he will ever land a kid that highly rated?

Third, where was the class ranked top 5. The highest number I recall was 9. That is still good but, if these classes never materialize into winning the AAC and getting to the second weekend of the tournament, at least, one has to wonder if he is not picking the right, highly rated, recruits. Either that or he isn't developing them. I am not saying this season is the measuring stick but next season is fair game. Those great recruits should light the world on fire next year if they were not overrated and they were properly developed.

Ok you're right I get it!:rolleyes:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The only reason I agree with this is that he was literally ours to lose - he was a longshot Husky favorite his entire high school career. If he ends up at UK or Arizona, how can one expect we can beat those schools head-to-head with an even playing field?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

I understand your reasoning BUT if Kensucky takes 5-6 top 10 per year, Puke takes 3-4, Kansas takes 1-2, and due to geographical reasons 6-8 stay close to home - how many out of 50 does that leave? Also don't forget that conference does play a part. In addition, I am not sure that all top 10 players deserve that rating.
But fair is fair and if KO has a top 20 recruiting class he needs to show production reflective of that ranking

H

huskymagic

Hamidou deserves his ranking let's be clear about that. This recruitment is important let's not beat around the bush. We have had an inside track on Hami for 3 years now and he has lived at our campus last 2 years and been to numerous games. Seriously Washington keeps getting a top 10 recruit almost every year now and they never make the NCAA tournament. We should be able to get 1 with our history and pedigree. We need to beat Kentucky out for Hami for 3 reasons. :
1.) to put a NBA 1st rounder out of UCONN
2.) to say to other recruits that UCONN is a destination for top talent like Hami like Drummond etc.
3.) for national and media perception to say that UCONN goes toe to toe with the Kentucky and Dukes of the world in recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom