Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 91 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

Some of us keep citing as Villanova as being successful in a non P-5 conference, but reality check the Big East is a power conference in basketball that is why some commentators refer to the Big East as a power conference team. Conference affiliation matters but not to the same extent in basketball as in football. Last I checked Mitchell Robinson a top 10 recruit is going to Western Kentucky next year and will still be a top 15 NBA draft pick. CJ McCollum came out of Lehigh, Curry out of Davidson, Damian Lillard out of Weber State, Elfrid Payton, Bembry from St. Joes, Kawhi Leonard San Diego St. However, in reality if we want to remain relevant nationally in the future we need to secure entrance to a power conference whether P-5 or Big East.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS

Reaction Score

grid-cell-6972-1457020157-9.jpg

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Some of us keep citing as Villanova as being successful in a non P-5 conference, but reality check the Big East is a power conference in basketball that is why some commentators refer to the Big East as a power conference team. Conference affiliation matters but not to the same extent in basketball as in football. Last I checked Mitchell Robinson a top 10 recruit is going to Western Kentucky next year and will still be a top 15 NBA draft pick. CJ McCollum came out of Lehigh, Curry out of Davidson, Damian Lillard out of Weber State, Elfrid Payton, Bembry from St. Joes, Kawhi Leonard San Diego St. However, in reality if we want to remain relevant nationally in the future we need to secure entrance to a power conference whether P-5 or Big East.

Sanford of WKU is known for being one of the shadier coaches in the game, and if it matters Robinson actually decommited and committed to LSU recently so.

Reaction Score
Sanford of WKU is known for being one of the shadier coaches in the game, and if it matters Robinson actually decommited and committed to LSU recently so.

Stansbury

Sanford is the Football Coach

Reaction Score
Kentucky doesn't need the SEC to showcase its players. They are the premier program in the sport, have the biggest fan base, get the most media coverage, and play the best OOC conference schedule every year and they only play elite P5's OOC, not against Loyola Marymount's of the world. They don't really follow most logical rules of the game.

As for all the other programs, they are in the P5 and are reaping P5 rewards, how can we sit here and say it's not important when almost all the sports current leaders are in the P5. Our very program was BUILT on being part of a power conference. Without the Big East JC had no leverage to bring in the talent he needed. UConns ability to showcase you and give you a chance to beat the best in the game makes every recruit consider you despite having no historical success at that point in history.

In college sports, the fact is you are only as good as who you beat. With 351 teams competing on the same level, it becomes increasingly true. I really can't trust anyone's opinion on college sports if they don't grasp the concept and importance of conferences. Repeatedly citing exceptions does not make it the rule. 40% of football players can come from the G5 (which id need to see figures on because I'm skeptical of that number), and it still wouldn't come close to making the G5 the premier place for football talent. It's multi variable and can't be boiled down to "guys can get drafted and make the dance from any school in basketball"
If who you play is so important, how is every team in the ACC not recruiting at a high level?

How can BCU be this big a disaster? They play in the best conference by far, actually have some basketball tradition, and guys can come in and play huge minutes immediately if they are good.

The answer is that recruits care about a bunch of other things way, way more than what conference they play in, and BCU sucks at all those things.

Reaction Score
Kentucky doesn't need the SEC to showcase its players. They are the premier program in the sport, have the biggest fan base, get the most media coverage, and play the best OOC conference schedule every year and they only play elite P5's OOC, not against Loyola Marymount's of the world. They don't really follow most logical rules of the game.

As for all the other programs, they are in the P5 and are reaping P5 rewards, how can we sit here and say it's not important when almost all the sports current leaders are in the P5. Our very program was BUILT on being part of a power conference. Without the Big East JC had no leverage to bring in the talent he needed. UConns ability to showcase you and give you a chance to beat the best in the game makes every recruit consider you despite having no historical success at that point in history.

In college sports, the fact is you are only as good as who you beat. With 351 teams competing on the same level, it becomes increasingly true. I really can't trust anyone's opinion on college sports if they don't grasp the concept and importance of conferences. Repeatedly citing exceptions does not make it the rule. 40% of football players can come from the G5 (which id need to see figures on because I'm skeptical of that number), and it still wouldn't come close to making the G5 the premier place for football talent. It's multi variable and can't be boiled down to "guys can get drafted and make the dance from any school in basketball"
Kentucky's OOC this year included Cleveland St, Duquesne, UT Martin, Hofstra and Valpo. Not quite the "only elite" OOC schedule you cite.

Reaction Score

Robinson is still committed to WKU......so that's false.

H

huskymagic

He is signed sealed and delivered to Western Kentucky. If Western Kentucky can get a top 10 player and Washington gets one every year nwo with Michael Porter Jr next year and Markelle Fultz this year, then we should be able to get one no matter where we are.

Reaction Score
He is signed sealed and delivered to Western Kentucky. If Western Kentucky can get a top 10 player and Washington gets one every year nwo with Michael Porter Jr next year and Markelle Fultz this year, then we should be able to get one no matter where we are.

How's Washington doing? How's Western Kentucky doing? Lots of league championships and NC's coming from these programs so they must be doing things right huh?

He's had some great players at the west coast Huskies and nothing. He's a good guy it seems, but doesn't win!

Reaction Score

This must be that "insight" you're always talking about.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
This must be that "insight" you're always talking about.
What insight do you provide us? Ask anyone here, when you get a notification from BigErnMcSh*tstick quoting one of your posts, you just know it's not because he wants to talk basketball.

Last edited:

BUConn10

Reaction Score
If who you play is so important, how is every team in the ACC not recruiting at a high level?

How can BCU be this big a disaster? They play in the best conference by far, actually have some basketball tradition, and guys can come in and play huge minutes immediately if they are good.

The answer is that recruits care about a bunch of other things way, way more than what conference they play in, and BCU sucks at all those things.
A shocking lack of understanding displayed by this post. I don't even have the time to get into the most simple nuances of this subject because that's what it seems like you are asking me to do.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
And to all the others who quoted me, you know what, you guys are right. Conference affiliation has no bearing on a recruits decision, let's just agree on that because I really have nothing to gain from convincing each and everyone who replies to my post. If that's really what you think let's just agree that you are right, top players are lining up to go G5 because one guy did one time back at whoknowswhere.

Reaction Score
A shocking lack of understanding displayed by this post. I don't even have the time to get into the most simple nuances of this subject because that's what it seems like you are asking me to do.
Yeah man, you don't have time or ability to get into any nuances of anything. You exist on a level where everyone has to point out that you can't even get simple facts correct. We're talking stuff that can be googled in 10 seconds. That is your level.

But again, just provide some basic evidence to support your position that conference is very important to recruits and plays a big role in where they end up going to college. You keep telling me it is simple and obvious, so providing basic evidence should be easy.

Reaction Score
What insight do you provide us? Ask anyone here, when you get a notification from BigErnMcSh*tstick quoting one of your posts, you just know it's not because he wants to talk basketball.

"Ask anyone here" - what are you, nine? Be a bigger baby, kid.

This thread is playing out like all the other ones you participate in. You make incorrect statements like you're an authority and then you just insult anyone who points out that what you're saying isn't even factually correct.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Yeah man, you don't have time or ability to get into any nuances of anything. You exist on a level where everyone has to point out that you can't even get simple facts correct. We're talking stuff that can be googled in 10 seconds. That is your level.

But again, just provide some basic evidence to support your position that conference is very important to recruits and plays a big role in where they end up going to college. You keep telling me it is simple and obvious, so providing basic evidence should be easy.
Yes, I got the man's name wrong, I already admitted that was my mistake. I consider myself a good poster, I guess you live in a world where making a lapse can nullify everything you have done and make you forever a bad poster, that's your perogative though. Really the truth is you don't like me, probably because I have called you out on how much time you spend here being a total , as a result you have made it your job to try and drag my name down to the level of some other unpopular posters here. I remember a few days ago when you ran away with your tail between your legs when a few people in a thread got sick of your usual *.

As for the bolder section of your post, let me ask you a simple question before I have to break it all down for you. Where do most top 10, top 20, hell even top 30 recruits go? Why is it so difficult for you to grasp that who you have the chance to play against in your college career is an actual factor in your decision? Why am I getting so much backlash for this? Is it because that puts UConn, our favorite team in an inherently disadvantaged position? Yea that's probably why.

You guys act like I'm saying it's the one and only factor in your decision, so you quickly run to point to times when good players went elsewhere, but that's not what I'm saying. If you in your heart believe that the schedule of teams you will face in your college career has any value to your decision at all, even a minute amount, then we agree on this.

Reaction Score
Yes, I got the man's name wrong, I already admitted that was my mistake. I consider myself a good poster, I guess you live in a world where making a lapse can nullify everything you have done and make you forever a bad poster, that's your perogative though.
You forgot about the stuff with the Western Kentucky recruit and Kentucky's schedule.
Really the truth is you don't like me, probably because I have called you out on how much time you spend here being a total , as a result you have made it your job to try and drag my name down to the level of some other unpopular posters here.
I don't like or dislike you, I just think you're an idiot based upon the posts you make here.
I remember a few days ago when you ran away with your tail between your legs when a few people in a thread got sick of your usual *.
I don't, so I guess you'll have to point me to that. If you're talking about when 4-5 of the biggest idiots on the site all made posts saying how horrible I am because I insulted them in a post, and I chose not to get into a 100% pointless back and forth with each of them, I guess you've got me.
As for the bolder section of your post, let me ask you a simple question before I have to break it all down for you. Where do most top 10, top 20, hell even top 30 recruits go?
They go to teams with great histories of putting guys in the NBA (specifically lottery picks), teams with legendary head coaches and/or head coaches who are great at building player relationships, teams that win tons of regular season games and conference championships and go deep in the tournament on a regular basis, teams that have a lot of immediate playing time, teams that are willing to do shady stuff, teams that are on TV a lot, or teams that are close to their geographic area.

Because all of those things are more important to most recruits than the conference schedule they will play against.
You guys act like I'm saying it's the one and only factor in your decision.
No, I'm not. I'm acting like you think it's a major factor an we'd be recruiting at a much higher level than we are now if we were in a different conference. And I don't see much evidence for that. And then you tell me it's obvious while not providing any evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom