Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 92 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Must be breaking his heart to write that.
Nice post by the Kentucky homer to the article too. How about, "Go to UCONN and go to the NBA, but unlike going to Kentucky or Arizona, your family will get to see you play in person and you'll be the man instead of one of many McD's All Americans."

Reaction Score
As for the bolder section of your post, let me ask you a simple question before I have to break it all down for you. Where do most top 10, top 20, hell even top 30 recruits go?

I'm sure someone who has more patience for your clown routine than I do will explain this in more detail but there's a very basic principle that you're missing when you say something like this to support your argument.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm sure someone who has more patience for your clown routine than I do will explain this in more detail but there's a very basic principle that you're missing when you say something like this to support your argument.
What do you want Big? What insight are you providing with your last 3 posts in this thread? Do me a favor and go swallow a knife.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
You forgot about the stuff with the Western Kentucky recruit and Kentucky's schedule.

I don't like or dislike you, I just think you're an idiot based upon the posts you make here.

I don't, so I guess you'll have to point me to that. If you're talking about when 4-5 of the biggest idiots on the site all made posts saying how horrible I am because I insulted them in a post, and I chose not to get into a 100% pointless back and forth with each of them, I guess you've got me.

They go to teams with great histories of putting guys in the NBA (specifically lottery picks), teams with legendary head coaches and/or head coaches who are great at building player relationships, teams that win tons of regular season games and conference championships and go deep in the tournament on a regular basis, teams that have a lot of immediate playing time, teams that are willing to do shady stuff, teams that are on TV a lot, or teams that are close to their geographic area.

Because all of those things are more important to most recruits than the conference schedule they will play against.

No, I'm not. I'm acting like you think it's a major factor an we'd be recruiting at a much higher level than we are now if we were in a different conference. And I don't see much evidence for that. And then you tell me it's obvious while not providing any evidence.
You keep asking for evidence, and I don't know what evidence you think I can reasonably provide you via a link. In fact I know you know I can't and that's your argument. If anything, that first post that started this was literally a survey taken by Under Armor stating that recruits do in fact consider their conferences when deciding. What evidence have you shown besides saying "BC is P5 so why is BC bad".

Reaction Score
You keep asking for evidence, and I don't know what evidence you think I can reasonably provide you via a link. In fact I know you know I can't and that's your argument. If anything, that first post that started this was literally a survey taken by Under Armor stating that recruits do in fact consider their conferences when deciding. What evidence have you shown besides saying "BC is P5 so why is BC bad".
The survey was football. Do you not see the difference?

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Dude you literally told a dude to go "swallow a knife" in an attempt to win an argument.

Are you 14?
Im hesitant to answer because I can't tell if you are doing your high horse schtick. As for my statement, I don't say something if I don't mean it.

Reaction Score
No, I already said in an earlier post that it's relevant in both sports.

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison when a school outside of the p5 in football has 0 chance to ever play for a national championship. Meanwhile since 2010 6 schools outside the p5 have been to the final 4. So it's a completely different landscape and doesn't apply as much for bball as it does for football

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Im hesitant to answer because I can't tell if you are doing your high horse schtick. As for my statement, I don't say something if I don't mean it.

You come off looking great here. This does wonders for your credibility.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
upload_2016-12-29_22-3-50.png

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah man, you don't have time or ability to get into any nuances of anything. You exist on a level where everyone has to point out that you can't even get simple facts correct. We're talking stuff that can be googled in 10 seconds. That is your level.

But again, just provide some basic evidence to support your position that conference is very important to recruits and plays a big role in where they end up going to college. You keep telling me it is simple and obvious, so providing basic evidence should be easy.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
You come off looking great here. This does wonders for your credibility.
The only person that really cares is you. You are the only one who comes here to discuss moral platitudes and hop on every opportunity to put himself on a pedestal. The idea that this boards most notorious and constant villain is an angel here while my "credibility" ( :D ) takes a hit is really a knee slapper.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't have a dog in the substantive part of this argument, but Samuels signed an LOI with Villanova last month.
Yes, I was gonna mention that. Just s0me proof that one high level recruit stated it did matter to him. The problem with this argument is, unless a reporter asks a kid the question, they aren't likely to say that it matters. That being said, I think it's possible to assume most recruits would rather play in a top conference, and that doesn't mean it's a deal breaker.

Reaction Score
OK back on topic, I took a look at the 247 predictions. Basically to summarize movement today, we have two Duke guys (Chad Lykins and Adam Rowe) who switched to Kentucky. Conversely, we have a Maryland guy (Jeff Ermann) who switched to UConn.

To make a long story short, not everything is trending in the negative direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom