2017 Recruiting: Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by CGarr, May 15, 2016.

1. Kemba'sYogurt

Kemba'sYogurt

No idea why everybody is freaking out lol

Chief00, KSC94 and Huskyforlife like this.
  2. GemParty

GemParty Premier Properties National Referral-All 50 states

Good to know, he's Fiercely loyal.

3. FartMan69

FartMan69 I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Kentucky is such a hype machine it's actually amazing we could compete with them at this point. For that alone you need to give credit to our staff for competing wire to wire with them. It is what it is I guess. They have the talent every single year but luckily Cal isn't a great X and O's coach so there's that.

David 76 likes this.
  4. Robertelamin

Robertelamin

If he redshirts and never ends up playing at UK then he just completely trolled 2 schools and his entire recruiting process was a sham.

5. Chief00

Chief00

Actually, from what I know, that's a very honest article. He probably made a mistake staying at PSA this year - but he doesn't have great consistency and while he loves the limelight a dude averaging 14-16 points a game ain't going to carry anyone. Maybe he knows he is not ready to be the guy. But; I agree with my Iverson post - practice is a means not an ends for a player who wants to compete. Quite frankly, he was sold a bill of goods.

I don't blame the coaches for investing time but you really need to close and not just be there. I said at the time we lost this one when we couldn't get his butt out on the court against Auburn - I don't care if he was ready or not - a lot of good that time consuming wonderfully designed class schedule is going to do now. It was the wrong focus but well intentioned.

Does Calipari have any idea what classes Hami going to take or does he care? Of course not. It's irrelevant.

Let's not beat ourselves up - just unlearn some mistakes and don't repeat them.

6. UConnfan8

UConnfan8

Holy s**t from that article the kid seems like a complete dooche. UK type. Makes sense.

SouthBayHusky and Chief00 like this.
  7. KembaStepback

KembaStepback Rains Triples

What's the plan to get him to the next level at UK? No, seriously? Is it just have him play with a completely different team than they have now? With a bunch of unproven players?

If he thinks he will be seen more at UK he's lost. Scouts would have seen him regardless of where he went. He could have gone to Central and gone in the lottery.

Let's get Bamba and move on.

King Husky likes this.